What are your modes and controls set at?

Good to know. I am supposed to go see my cousin in June and he lives outside Altavista.
I work there, lived there 15 years.
Recently moved 10 minutes away into the county.
I love living in the country, you can have that DC bs.

I work in DC and traffic has gotten worse over the years. The accident that totaled my first busa was in DC and ever since then I don't ride in the city.
I only do DC on the weekends other than that I stay local to my house. Its a demolition derby out there during the week

So we have 3 power modes, 2 quick shifter settings, and a bunch of traction controls, engine braking controls and wheelie controls.
Do you guys just set the power mode to A and simply turn everything else off? Or do you have some magic combination that works best? And I’m talking about everyday riding around.
I have U1 setup with full power, TC off, QS 1, engine braking off, anti lift off and I also run hill assist off. Eventually I will do an ABS delete and unlink the brakes. That's just my preference.

I lived in Lynch Station as a kid and went to the old ancient Altavista elementary school.
I grew up about 5 miles away in Pittslyvannia county.
That old school still stands, but was replaced over 20 years ago.

I don't have a Gen 3 but my BMW has every nanny assist possible and it's a much better bike for it. First. no human can sense and make the decisions necessary to prevent high-sides. Look at the pros on two strokes. Nobody who has seat time pushing a powerful bike to the limit hasn't had it spit them skyward at some point. So if you can control the bike without TC, you do it by not using all of the power.

As for brakes, both my BMWs had impeccable braking with ABS and cornering compensation. They were both at least the equal of my GP4's on the Busa. Now Suzuki is not known for great brakes, so maybe they just suck. But when you think about it if the brakes are wooden and lack feel, what better reason to have ABS?

Why does ABS suck on the track? Because track braking is completely different than street braking. You know precisely where you are going to stop on track, no surprises. Ever pass someone on the brakes? It's pretty hard to make brakes smart enough to recognize the finer points of braking in race conditions. Not so on the street where the primary role for your calipers is stopping.

So, turning off the nanny controls does not mean you are ripping it up, it means you are probably being overly cautious with the throttle and brakes. Yes @sixpack577 , this means you :poke:
I raced motocross for many years, 2 strokes and 4 strokes and (a bit of road racing to) and sure MX bikes don't make the massive power of their street counter parts but in motocross you also don't have any where near the level of traction that you do on the street, yet there is no ABS or TC it's up to the rider to read the terrain and based on experience know how much traction is available. Have I mis-read the terrain and launched myself into the dirt, sure a time or two, do I wish I had nanny controls to prevent it, absolutely not, those experiences made me a better rider. I don't look down on others for turning on nanny controls or turning them off. As long as we all have the freedom to choose. Not every rider has the experiences I have or others have and if they feel better turning on TC or running a lower power mode, by all means do it. If you feel confident and experienced enough to turn them off by all means do it.

I've been using whatever original settings are from day one. Turn key on and go, works great, especially since cruise control allows me to ride almost all day from 2 hours on gen2!!

Back