Settings/modes guide?

funnyman3000

Registered
I've misplaced my manual and am having a hard time finding a good guide for all the modes, what the numbers mean, and under what settings screen each option is. Feel free to fill in the blanks & correct any errors. Maybe we can edit the original as a guide, or repost the final draft.

TC (traction control): off, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (with 10 being most assistance)
QS (quick shifter): 1, 2 (where 1 shifts quickly and 2 shifts smoothly)
PW (power mode): 1, 2, 3, (where 1 is sharp throttle response & max power, 2 smooth throttle response & max power, 3 smooth throttle response but reduced power)
EB (engine breaking): off, 1, 2, 3 (where "off" provides the most engine breaking, and 3 smoothly rolls off throttle once you let go)
LF (anti-lift AKA wheelie control ): off, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (with 10 being most assistance)
Hill-hold control: off, on?
Rear lift (slope dependent control system: standard?
LC (launch control): holds at 4000 RPM, 6000 RPM, 8,000 RPM
SDMS: A, B, C, U1, U2, U3 (Active full power, Basic ___ , Comfort ___ , U1 customizable, U2 customizable)
_____

Useful but doesn't EB off mean there isn't any engine braking?
Least ways that's what I thought..

"Normally, engine braking is a good thing. But powerful bikes like the Hayabusa can break rear-wheel traction if you downshift aggressively. An engine brake control system cancels out the effect of engine braking and has three levels so you can set just how much engine-braking you prefer." - Visor article

This made it sound like the "system" continues to prove some fueling after throttle is cut back (which sounds terrifying, but I guess serves a purpose) to not lock up the back tire due to sudden deceleration. So if the "system" is off, then you have full engine breaking?

Yeah EB is labeled backwards to me too. Off is highest braking effort and 3 is lowest braking effort. Seems like off should be no braking effort but that’s not the case.

I've misplaced my manual and am having a hard time finding a good guide for all the modes, what the numbers mean, and under what settings screen each option is. Feel free to fill in the blanks & correct any errors. Maybe we can edit the original as a guide, or repost the final draft.

TC (traction control): off, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (with 10 being most assistance)
QS (quick shifter): 1, 2 (where 1 shifts quickly and 2 shifts smoothly)
PW (power mode): 1, 2, 3, (where 1 is sharp throttle response & max power, 2 smooth throttle response & max power, 3 smooth throttle response but reduced power)
EB (engine breaking): off, 1, 2, 3 (where "off" provides the most engine breaking, and 3 smoothly rolls off throttle once you let go)
LF (anti-lift AKA wheelie control ): off, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (with 10 being most assistance)
Hill-hold control: off, on?
Rear lift (slope dependent control system: standard?
LC (launch control): holds at 4000 RPM, 6000 RPM, 8,000 RPM
SDMS: A, B, C, U1, U2, U3 (Active full power, Basic ___ , Comfort ___ , U1 customizable, U2 customizable)
_____
PW 1 has sharp response and peak power, PW 2 has less response bur still has peak power, PW 3 has even less response and less peak.

I think U1, U2, U3 have the same factory settings as A, B & C but the U’s are customizable whereas A ,B & C cannot be customized. Probably can with a flash idk.

Hill hold is either turned on or off. If it’s activated and you want to release it squeeze the front brake lever twice and you’ll see the H with a circle around it go off the screen. I love the hill hold but if you need to take off quick the hill hold takes some clutch and throttle to release it.

I don’t remember how the rear lift works, if I can remember I’ll look it up in my manual tomorrow and reply back.

Back