What are your modes and controls set at?

Gen3lover

Registered
So we have 3 power modes, 2 quick shifter settings, and a bunch of traction controls, engine braking controls and wheelie controls.
Do you guys just set the power mode to A and simply turn everything else off? Or do you have some magic combination that works best? And I’m talking about everyday riding around.

I ride an '18 gsxr1000R with all the same tech.
A mode, full power, TC off, Everything off or on the lowest setting.
It's all in the wrist, even in the rain.
Grip it and rip it, I don't need any nannies!
This is what I’m thinking too. Also, I suspect that most of us make those settings the day we get the bike and don’t adjust them ever again but I could be wrong.

I set U1 full power, TC off, WC off, EB off, QS off.
Then U2 full power, TC 3, WC 1, EB off, QS 1
And U3 full power, TC 1, WC off, EB 1, QS 1
I use U2 for touring, U1 for fun, U3 to compete with liter bikes on twisty B roads.
i wish we had settings for ABS.

I set U1 full power, TC off, WC off, EB off, QS off.
Then U2 full power, TC 3, WC 1, EB off, QS 1
And U3 full power, TC 1, WC off, EB 1, QS 1
I use U2 for touring, U1 for fun, U3 to compete with liter bikes on twisty B roads.
i wish we had settings for ABS.
Dumb question here since I don’t actually own a busa yet but plan to buy in the next week or so, do you experience a significant change when you move from one setting to another?
I’ve heard the power modes make a difference but what about the others?

Lol...yeah...there's a difference.
Wooden brakes, no feel or feedback, it's like the bike is taking you for a ride.
I took a 45mph curve around 60mph, no guardrail, 80-100' sheer drop 1' from road's edge.
I thought TC was off...it was on 6...that is the one time in over 3 decades of riding that I thought I was done.
Stupid BS is Terrifieng, I had no feel of control or braking, it was pray, lean more left, and curse Suzuki relentlessly ever since.
2 types of riders need this ****, the elite(TT, MotoGP, etc) that literally can go no faster without them...and the guy with no business near a motorcycle, who needs saved from himself.
Again, it's all in the wrist.

Off, off, and off..
This seems to be the consensus.
I think if I rode in the rain ( which I don’t) I’d probably want to dial back the power and increase the traction control but beyond that I don’t see the need.
With so many bikes now offering these kinds of electronics I guess Suzuki didn’t want to be left behind so they put their engineers to work.
No offense to those who use these controls but personally I have agree with sixpack577 that if you need this to feel safer you ought to consider a smaller bike.
If using these controls makes things more enjoyable that’s fine.

If you aren't using the U1/2/3 modes with custom settings then you're never really getting full power.

Unless I missed something in my reading, even A mode has some form of reduced power. At some point I'll get out with my draggy and provide data on all the settings.

If you aren't using the U1/2/3 modes with custom settings then you're never really getting full power.

Unless I missed something in my reading, even A mode has some form of reduced power. At some point I'll get out with my draggy and provide data on all the settings.
I was under the impression that the U modes were just saveable modes for the rider to select.. as if you make a change to A, B or C modes they will revert to factory settings after you cycle the key… U modes won’t unless you do the factory reset…

I don't have a Gen 3 but my BMW has every nanny assist possible and it's a much better bike for it. First. no human can sense and make the decisions necessary to prevent high-sides. Look at the pros on two strokes. Nobody who has seat time pushing a powerful bike to the limit hasn't had it spit them skyward at some point. So if you can control the bike without TC, you do it by not using all of the power.

As for brakes, both my BMWs had impeccable braking with ABS and cornering compensation. They were both at least the equal of my GP4's on the Busa. Now Suzuki is not known for great brakes, so maybe they just suck. But when you think about it if the brakes are wooden and lack feel, what better reason to have ABS?

Why does ABS suck on the track? Because track braking is completely different than street braking. You know precisely where you are going to stop on track, no surprises. Ever pass someone on the brakes? It's pretty hard to make brakes smart enough to recognize the finer points of braking in race conditions. Not so on the street where the primary role for your calipers is stopping.

So, turning off the nanny controls does not mean you are ripping it up, it means you are probably being overly cautious with the throttle and brakes. Yes @sixpack577 , this means you :poke:

Back