Exhaust and Flash done… huge disappointment

smokein

Donating Member
Registered
GM y’all. First let me say life has been really good at kicking me in the nads the past month. The stress of family death and scary health diagnoses led me to make the stupid mistake of letting someone else install my exhaust and then tune the bike. Problems and some questions if anyone knows…

Tune problems started when I picked the bike up and saw my stock exhaust sitting there with the left side O2 sensor cut in half.. I was then informed that “only mode A was tuned”. Would need mode B and C tuned separately if I wanted them to function. Huh? I was so confused I began to go scatterbrained. That’s not what I wanted and not sure how that even happens. Next problem is that I was told I could use the User modes to recreate B & C, as U1, U2, U3, but when I set it up with anything other than power 1, the bike boggs down and has no power, maaaaaybe 50%? Bike is unridable with the current throttle on power 1 unless straight line highway riding.

- Can I get my ECU flashed by the Moores/BT etc as is without it being returned to stock?

- I know those flashes have the “jerky” throttle response in A mode, does B mode function just like stock but with a little more power from your upgrades or is it reverting back to the stock B mode map?

I’m 50/50 on having the tuner calm down the pwr 1 setting to make it more rideable vs just getting generic flash. Based on some other issues with my bike, I’m not sure I want him touching it again.

Lastly, the Arata system performed well and sounds good but looks terrible and is starting to melt part of my tail fairing. They sent the silencer from a Gixxer 1k and the installer knew no better. I’m trying to work with them on a proper replacement but inventory seems to be an issue.

If I could only go back in time and leave well enough alone lol.

GM y’all. First let me say life has been really good at kicking me in the nads the past month. The stress of family death and scary health diagnoses led me to make the stupid mistake of letting someone else install my exhaust and then tune the bike. Problems and some questions if anyone knows…

Tune problems started when I picked the bike up and saw my stock exhaust sitting there with the left side O2 sensor cut in half.. I was then informed that “only mode A was tuned”. Would need mode B and C tuned separately if I wanted them to function. Huh? I was so confused I began to go scatterbrained. That’s not what I wanted and not sure how that even happens. Next problem is that I was told I could use the User modes to recreate B & C, as U1, U2, U3, but when I set it up with anything other than power 1, the bike boggs down and has no power, maaaaaybe 50%? Bike is unridable with the current throttle on power 1 unless straight line highway riding.

- Can I get my ECU flashed by the Moores/BT etc as is without it being returned to stock?

- I know those flashes have the “jerky” throttle response in A mode, does B mode function just like stock but with a little more power from your upgrades or is it reverting back to the stock B mode map?

I’m 50/50 on having the tuner calm down the pwr 1 setting to make it more rideable vs just getting generic flash. Based on some other issues with my bike, I’m not sure I want him touching it again.

Lastly, the Arata system performed well and sounds good but looks terrible and is starting to melt part of my tail fairing. They sent the silencer from a Gixxer 1k and the installer knew no better. I’m trying to work with them on a proper replacement but inventory seems to be an issue.

If I could only go back in time and leave well enough alone lol.
Moore only tunes A as well. I only use my A mode or U1 which is even more wide open. Couldnt tell you about B or C.

Since I had exhaust and flash done I have only used A Mode and U1-3 which I have customized all with Power Level 1 and different levels of rest of setting for changing conditions.

Moore only tunes A as well. I only use my A mode or U1 which is even more wide open. Couldnt tell you about B or C.

I can! Mode B makes the throttle less sensitive, which was my complaint on Mode A at low speeds. Flames and bangs works better on Mode B due more throttle turn when you "breathe" on the it for them. I've been riding on B for last couple thousand miles so far and much happier on B.

All 3 modes just use the same tune, just the modes alter the TC, anti-wheelie, etc, etc settings? Is that correct?

I can! Mode B makes the throttle less sensitive, which was my complaint on Mode A at low speeds. Flames and bangs works better on Mode B due more throttle turn when you "breathe" on the it for them. I've been riding on B for last couple thousand miles so far and much happier on B.

All 3 modes just use the same tune, just the modes alter the TC, anti-wheelie, etc, etc settings? Is that correct?

I assumed that’s how things would work, but I’m more confused than ever. According to Moore Mafia this morning, all nosed and power levels retained.

Where did you get your bike tuned? Just so we all know to stay away from them.

I’m gonna hold off for right now. Talked to him last night and he was very receptive and wants to make things right. I’ve already spent good money so I need to see if he can clean things up. That said, he has an excellent reputation. IDK but I will certainly keep the thread updated.

So I've heard this from others - that “only mode A was tuned”. Would it be more accurate to say that only Power Mode 1 was tuned?

My understanding is A, B, C and U1, U, and U3 are simply combinations of settings from each system.

Back