Launch control settings

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
Just finished installing the Healtech ARA system. A bit of an adventure but completed.

One of the available functions is launch control. I want to enable this and start practicing my launches with a goal of taking her to the track and, hopefully, making a 9 second run.

Looking for advice on setting it up. Here's the manual pages for the function. Any advice appreciated!

Screenshot_20230702_143510_Xodo.jpg

Before u mess with that, just go to the track and get used to launching without the launch mode but using the qs.

No need to put a stock length bike on a 2step and throw the clutch away, it’ll scratch up the back of your helmet lol

Once u do that, start dialing in the launch assist from there

Before u mess with that, just go to the track and get used to launching without the launch mode but using the qs.

No need to put a stock length bike on a 2step and throw the clutch away, it’ll scratch up the back of your helmet lol

Once u do that, start dialing in the launch assist from there
Unfortunately the track isn't nearby so being able to get there will be a rare event.

I would agree with you if it was just a regular 2 step like an MSD but it also has a traction and wheelie control component which should kick in as soon as the launch control event completes.

Of course this all needs to be tested so hoping someone will let me know what a reasonably safe launch rpm would be to start with.

Dont need a track to test a launch, just find an empty road, do a burnout, launch it.

I get it’s not a regular 2step but I still think you should practice without it first. Just an opinion tho.

Start at 4000

Dont need a track to test a launch, just find an empty road, do a burnout, launch it.

I get it’s not a regular 2step but I still think you should practice without it first. Just an opinion tho.

Start at 4000
Thanks. 4000 is what I was thinking too. Been going back and forth with Healtech trying to get it to work. They're in Hungary so time zone issues.

I appreciate your advice and will certainly try to do launches without it as well. Was just looking for a number where I could minimize the chances of me screwing up and flipping the bike.

I have a lot of experience drag racing but recent experience is in cars. Bike experience is long ago and on small bikes.

Back