street launching?

Racing4funn

Registered
I spanked my friend on his 2002 R1 (I got a B-King) and he is pissed..

He wanted to go from a stop and I knew he could launch way better. I didnt go full throttle until the top of 1st (still not positive it was full throttle) and when I got into second gear he was a bike length out. At the 2 - 3 shift I had ran him back down and had a foot length out. At the top of third he let out because I was hammer that a$$ and still pulling

So since he is pissed he is getting a full service on his bike (its got around 20k miles) and gearing it front or back or both.

If I can improve my launch I might still bet him. So my questions are:

Should I launch with the left foot already up?

Launch low RPMs (3k?) and get out the clutch and twist it quick?

Im going to need practice!

If it's that close now and he's gonna change his gearing, he's gonna get ya.

I'll go the other way and say on the street he is going to be wheelie city (with different gearing and stock wheel base) if it hooks. If you can just get a clean launch you might still run away from him after he spends a bunch of money... :laugh:

If you want to really piss him off, get a full system and a tune. Or just hide a 40-shot and don't tell him... :rofl:

as well as launching better I thought about a front sprocket, gutting my cat, and a dyno tune. He wouldnt notice any of that. Ive been wanting to do those anyway so its not as if Im spending money just to beat him.. He cares WAY more about it that I do. He has read or been told that he should win and I guess his ego is bruised by my over weight bike.. :whistle:

If you are fighting wheelies now, dropping a tooth on the front is only going to make it worse. I've seen a lot of people go slower at the track doing that.

as well as launching better I thought about a front sprocket, gutting my cat, and a dyno tune. He wouldnt notice any of that. Ive been wanting to do those anyway so its not as if Im spending money just to beat him.. He cares WAY more about it that I do. He has read or been told that he should win and I guess his ego is bruised by my over weight bike.. :whistle:

Dont worry about the weight of your bike .
It will help against the supersports.

Its all seat time :whistle:
I know whats in your mind ,beleve me. I have a buddy with a b-King ,and it was always close with my GenI. But some training on the track (me:laugh:) ,and now he s looser all the time. (best is if we change bikes and he looses too :whistle:)
The battle for win is in your mind , not in your King.
Everybody here told me seat time is the most important ,and they were right.
I dropped .6 sec with the same bike just with practice.

Go to a track without telling him ,and practice the launch. Thats all you need for a street supersport bike. All ive seen couldnt hold it down like you can with a King or a Busa.
Clutch mod will help a lot too. You can use the mod of a Busa also for B-King.

When i went back from well prepared track and trying a launch on normal Road ,i made long black lines and smoke .
Before i didnt have the guts for this....... but that was only in my mind.
There is more power in a King you can handle (not yet:beerchug:)
Dont worry ,aslong he doesnt have a long swingarm

Best regards

He dosent have a long swingarm.

I do believe that practice is key..

dose anyone launch with left foot already up? Or dose that throw of the bike if ur just bring up one foot? Ive always had both down and got them up 2/3 the way threw 1st.

Back