Track launch videos

Man! Hope Odell is alright, that looked pretty rough! Cool videos. It will prob be a week or two after the Texas Mile before I make it to the dragstrip again. Lubbock's dragstrip doesn't exist anymore so it's a 2 hour drive one way to Amarillo or Hobbs to run my bike :banghead:

he is ok. lucky for me darlington dragway is only 15-20 minutes for me. rockingham is an hour and a half and there are at least 5 1/8th mile tracks with in 1.5hrs from home. DRAG RACING COUNTRY....

Bubba, I'm not paying $13K for a bike that has had the piss dragged out of it and it was wrecked at the track! Tell him $1500 now that he dumped it! :)
Those are awesome launches. Reminds me of when I was a cop and we had the dispatcher tell us the donuts were hot at Duncan Donuts, man we left just like your launches! YUM! Hot donuts and cops....like peanut butter and jelly. I'd video tape one of my launches but it takes awhile to watch. I have a blazing 60 foot time of 3.2 seconds. Most guys can drink a beer during one of my shifts! Oh well.....that's racing!

I'm not paying $13K for a bike that has had the piss dragged out of it and it was wrecked at the track! Tell him $1500 now that he dumped it! ??? that is not the same bike that is for sale. Lorenzo' bike is the one for sale

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful... just plain beautiful! Been such a long time since i've been to the strip. Tire smoke and alchy dragsters...

Bubba, how come your bikes sound so good? I want my stocker to sound like those bikes. I tried putting a Schnitz Racing sticker on it and it still sounds the same, well it did gain 25 HP though......love those stickers!

Taken a few months ago....before the paint, two step and....the crash. *sniff*

my first time out with the new hays clutch.
th_d2a731cf.jpg

First time I have ever seen a bike race a car at the track.

First time I have ever seen a bike race a car at the track.

You could run against whoever you wanted pretty much at the Caanan Dragway that used to be open here in Lubbock. After I watched a couple of cars crossing the line, and a wreck where one car ended up in the opposing guard rail, I quit running cars. The car that wrecked was pretty quick and would have been a close race with my bike. To each his own but for me...No thanks.

Nothing like some amateur drags. Couple videos of myself on the busa and a buddy on his turbo zx14. Both passes I had air shifter issues, you can hear me bangin off the limiter in the last part of the video. Best pass was a 9.89 @ 141.8. Best 60 ft. was a 1.63 and best 330 was a 4.27. Not all in one pass though, haha. On my 9.89 pass I had a 1.70 60 ft. I was so pumped that I broke into the 9's and at the same time pissed off about having air shifter problems. Had fun even though all i made was 3 passes all day long and two were throw-aways. This is at Caprock Dragway (used to be Penwell) near Odessa, Tx.

Back