Progressive Nitrous Controllers?

Hayabusa133

Registered
I have a stock motor Gen 2 Hayabusa currently spraying a 50 shot dry. The bike is tuned by me using Woolich Racing. Bike ran a few 8.80s and one 8.7 so far. I am currently using a basic Nitrous Express Progressive controller hooked up to a wot switch it starts at 20% and ends at 100% (no way to adjust the start or end percentage). The only adjustment it gives me is ramp time from 0 to 4.5 seconds (I have it set to 2.5 seconds).

I am having issues going wot in first because it will either wheelie or spin out so I gradually pin the throttle on the launch.

Will switching to another controller like the NOS Mini help lower my ETs?
I see it offers a delay adjustment and also start/stop percentage adjustment.

Any one has any experience with any such controllers or any advice will be greatly appreciated?

These are some of my slips. I ran 8.9 in the wheelie pic below.

Thanks
Mark R.

20220424_234502.jpg

Screenshot_20220427-164825_Instagram.jpg

I used the nos mini for awhile, it worked pretty good. U can program exactly what u want. I have one of those 4 dial schnitz boxes too, it’s physically bigger than the mini but super easy to program. The one posted above looks pretty small, which is good for a street bike.

You could also just take the nitrous off the wot switch and put it on a button. Shorten the ramp and hit the button in second if u having wheelie problems in first.

Last edited:
What gear are u crossing the line in and what rpm? The more I think about it there’s a ton of ways to attack this. If you’re shifting just before the stripe, Dropping 1-2 tooth In the rear will solve that problem and the wheelie problem.

Also you could try leaving everything as it is, and just increasing your ramp to 4.5 seconds and then shorten it up until it starts to wheelie again.

20-100 in 2.5 seconds vs 20-100 in 4 seconds, maybe it’ll soften it up just enough to keep the front wheel down. And it’s free to try.

What gear are u crossing the line in and what rpm? The more I think about it there’s a ton of ways to attack this. If you’re shifting just before the stripe, Dropping 1-2 tooth In the rear will solve that problem and the wheelie problem.

Also you could try leaving everything as it is, and just increasing your ramp to 4.5 seconds and then shorten it up until it starts to wheelie again.

20-100 in 2.5 seconds vs 20-100 in 4 seconds, maybe it’ll soften it up just enough to keep the front wheel down. And it’s free to try.
Hey Dnyce,
Its crossing the finish line at the end of 5th not shifting into 6th .
I tried dropping 2 tooth in the rear sprocket but it killed my 60ft bad also ran consistently 9.0 no 8s.
When I extend the ramp time to 3 seconds it goes 8.9 /9.0.

I am also thinking I may need to slip the clutch a little more on the launch to help control the wheelies. A little scared that I may mess up my clutch fibers on every pass.

Or I think maybe the 20% in 1st is possibly my problem.

Sounds like it’s actually set up almost perfect lol u just gotta ride it.

I’d probably buy the controller and later put a bigger shot on it

I have a nx maximzer 5. It gives you more control then the nos mini. It would be the way to go. You might be able to use the ecu since your gen 2. But I don’t have any experience with that. But I have a maximizer 5 that I’m selling now since I switched to maxx ecu. If you interested let me know. Look it up and look at all the options it gives you.

another one of my thoughts

Sometimes it's better to just go all in and then you don't end up spending twice
buddy uses this one to control two stages running 7.60's at 170-175

another one of my thoughts

Sometimes it's better to just go all in and then you don't end up spending twice
buddy uses this one to control two stages running 7.60's at 170-175
I have a brand new 71900 I bought 2 1/2 years ago for the grudge bike. Then decided to go turbo 3 months ago. I also have a brand new microstorm I got a deal on. Hope to use it someday on my other bike, maybe someday

0512222242.jpg

I am trying to decide which is better?

Nitrous Express Maximizer 5 - $446
Daytona Sensors NC-2 - $300
Edelbrock 71900 Progressive Nitrous Controller - $685

The Maximizer 5 and NC-2 requires a laptop to make changes to the settings. I really like that the 71900 allows you to make changes at the track on spot without a laptop.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Any pros and cons?

I am trying to decide which is better?

Nitrous Express Maximizer 5 - $446
Daytona Sensors NC-2 - $300
Edelbrock 71900 Progressive Nitrous Controller - $685

The Maximizer 5 and NC-2 requires a laptop to make changes to the settings. I really like that the 71900 allows you to make changes at the track on spot without a laptop.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Any pros and cons?
Hi. The 71900 sounds like the way to go. I am building a turbo with nitrous I just played $440.00 for my nitrous set up with 2 4lbs bottles and 435.00 the the air supply for my MTC G2 clutch with the air assist clutch it will be run throught the MAXX Race H2O ECU.

I run the NC-2 on a Gen2. I couldn't get a Nos Mini to work right. The NC-2's limitation is while the progressive ramp can be any rate or "shape of the curve" the adjustments are every 0.25 seconds. This works fine for me but some people may want more fine adjustability. The software is fine but I do have an issue getting the drivers to work on some computers. Undoubtedly a computer geek would have no issue.

You can use the ramp feature in ECU Editor, but it isn't great and it limits you to one stage. It sounds like that would be better than your current setup as you can adjust by gear. The other factor there is the stock gear position sensor sucks, so you have that working against you.

Another thing to consider is if you are using the typical 150 hp solenoid with a 50 hp jet you will find that trying to pulse down a small jet doesn't really work like you think. With my NX solenoid and a 40 hp jet I proved that 100% and 30% were almost the same. This was pulsing with my Maxx Race ECU.

I run the NC-2 on a Gen2. I couldn't get a Nos Mini to work right. The NC-2's limitation is while the progressive ramp can be any rate or "shape of the curve" the adjustments are every 0.25 seconds. This works fine for me but some people may want more fine adjustability. The software is fine but I do have an issue getting the drivers to work on some computers. Undoubtedly a computer geek would have no issue.

You can use the ramp feature in ECU Editor, but it isn't great and it limits you to one stage. It sounds like that would be better than your current setup as you can adjust by gear. The other factor there is the stock gear position sensor sucks, so you have that working against you.

Another thing to consider is if you are using the typical 150 hp solenoid with a 50 hp jet you will find that trying to pulse down a small jet doesn't really work like you think. With my NX solenoid and a 40 hp jet I proved that 100% and 30% were almost the same. This was pulsing with my Maxx Race ECU.
Thanks for the info.

What frequency were you pulsing your nx solenoid at? Do you think adjusting the frequency would help with adjusting down a small jet size?

I think I have narrowed it down to:

Edlebrock 71900
Schnitz Micro Storm
NLR AMS-1000
Nos mini (many seem to have issues)

I basically want a simple easy to use GOOD QUALITY controller that can be adjusted on the fly without the need for a laptop or hand held device.

I think I will benefit from a controller that has an activation delay adjustment, start and end percentage adjustment and ramp time adjustment.

So Dennis are you saying to have more control on a small shot you need a smaller orifice then what a 150 shot solenoid has? Do they make any smaller ones?

So Dennis are you saying to have more control on a small shot you need a smaller orifice then what a 150 shot solenoid has? Do they make any smaller ones?
That is the explanation I was given. I have found that progressing small jets doesn't work well. I believe there are some out there with changeable orifices but I haven't pursued it.

That is the explanation I was given. I have found that progressing small jets doesn't work well. I believe there are some out there with changeable orifices but I haven't pursued it.
I have found a nx solenood with a much smaller orifice of .031. That’s pretty small. Would be nice to find one a little bigger. Have you thought about putting a smaller jet before the solenoid to slow the flow down before the solenoid but still running a the jet you want after the solenoid.

I have found a nx solenood with a much smaller orifice of .031. That’s pretty small. Would be nice to find one a little bigger. Have you thought about putting a smaller jet before the solenoid to slow the flow down before the solenoid but still running a the jet you want after the solenoid.
A nitrous expert would say that would let the nitrous transition to gas before the solenoid. It would be interesting to try both ways and see what happens.

Back