Towns & Times!

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
August, 2005 was the front runner in the polls. So, lets put our heads together and nail down exact dates for the gathering. Plus, I figure we can kick around some locations for the event. It's never to early to start getting some prices for the out of town guests....
With this in mind please post the following.
1. A date in August, 2005 including total days for this event.
2. A town to host our Meet-N-Greet (Base camp). try to make this as central as possible to all the great roads Co has to offer. Plus, don't forget it must have accomedations for the group to include lodging, food, and a secure location for parking the bikes.

I say try and find out if they are having the Suzuki cyclefest again in Copper Mountain. Copper has all of the lodging needs and secure underground locked parking for the bikes. Plus the Copper Moutain Police patrol the area heavily during this event to keep theft from happening.

Last year went off without a hitch and the location iss Central to alot of awesome riding. Generally the Cyclefest is held at the end of August. I will keep checking on the dates and if they are going to have the cyclefest again this year. Also even if they don't have the cycelfest I think it would be a great place to have it anyway. I am sure we could get some good rates at the resort.

Also during this time they have a lot of other activities for your family to participate in if they don't ride. They have a kids training course and small ATV demo rides that the kids can do and I believe they have a spa for the Wifey if she so pleases. Of course if your wifey rides then she will be with us. Generally the rides we took last this year while we were up there were around 300 miles in a day or you could do a short ride of 150 miles, the trips are endless and the scenery is magnificent. Let me know what you think.

and can we take into consideration that the 28th Annual National Bikers Roundup is during the 1st weekend in August ... in North Carolina this year ... thanks.

and can we take into consideration that the 28th Annual National Bikers Roundup is during the 1st weekend in August ... in North Carolina this year ... thanks. [/QUOTE]

Ditto!

I think haveing it during cyclefest would also be a good idea gives a variety for everyone for those of you that have been to it do the roads seem that much more over crowded? thats the only concern id have mabey a bit to much congestions but if they do it have it which i sure they will the dates will probly be Aug 26-28

I don't know what most people think but for me 3 days is a good event if you are there all three days i'm about ready to head home then so i guess i'm in a vote to mate it with cycle fest

Looks like it's going to be a long and expensive year for me. Since we decided on August, then that means that "I'M IN!!" Have been contemplating the National Roundup myself, but wasn't sure. That would be 4 events in one year for me. Can I get a LOAN?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

those of you that have been to it do the roads seem that much more over crowded?
All the trips I did last year with 7 of us total we had no congested roads at all. the occassional cager but nothing you can't go around. Going into Aspen one day we got tangled up with a Kid in a VW golf and it was modified heavily. He must have known the road like the back of his hand because we never did really catch him. I am sure if we had more time on the road we could have caught and passed him but not knowing whats around the corner it wasn't worth taking the chance.

It was a good time, most of the trips you can take to different skiing resorts are awesome because they aren't very busy that time of year and very little traffic.

My group didn't participate in the rides that were lead by someone we just went off on our own and had a blast. I wish I could describe it better but as long as the weather is good you will not be dissapointed.

They haven't released the schedule for 2005 but I am trying to get some info from someone to find out if they are having it. I will keep you all posted.

Cyclefest that is!!!!!!!

Not a gambler, just thinking about a central location with lots of things to do and see at night! Plus, I know of some other MC groups that hold their annual ralleys at this site. Covered parking, Cheap entertainment at night, Away from a big city, and close to lots of riding...

I second the "Cripple Creek is lame" post, just not the same as Central City/Blackhawk. Plus, there is nothing around CC, with Central you at least have Denver for alternate activities. Only problem with Central is it will be packed, any day, any month. Copper Mountain may be the best bet in August. Either Copper or Winter Park would be fun. If you want to keep it South, Durango or Telluride would be cool....just a little more $$$$$.

I like the Cyclefest idea.
Summit County is a pretty cool place, very central location, and I can get some free lodging at a buddies condo.

BTW, what city in North Carolina will be hosting the Roundup?
rock.gif
Brian ... it will be in Rockingham and all of the local hotels/motels are already booked ... I had to settle for a room in Charlotte! August 2nd - 7th ... see ya'll at the Rock!!
Hey sage, just booked me a room in Charlotte also. Is there anyplace closer to Rockingham that may have some rooms?
rock.gif
I've been doing some searches, but no luck so far.

rock.gif

BTW, what city in North Carolina will be hosting the Roundup?
rock.gif
Brian ... it will be in Rockingham and all of the local hotels/motels are already booked ... I had to settle for a room in Charlotte! August 2nd - 7th ... see ya'll at the Rock!!
Hey sage, just booked me a room in Charlotte also.  Is there anyplace closer to Rockingham that may have some rooms?
rock.gif
 I've been doing some searches, but no luck so far.
Bro ... I'm with you ... looking for some place closer ... and still looking ... maybe some of the local N.C. folks on the board can help us out with a little known hotel or motel closer to the Rock.
Oops ... are we jacking the Colorado thread or what? I'll start a new thread later on about the Roundup. Sorry KS Waterbug
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|sageronin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102455976 -->

rock.gif

Back