Top Ten Favorite horror movies in your mind

Nothing creeps me out like the footage never originally released in The Exorcist. If you're a fan, get the version that shows the "spiderwalk" scene *chills*

I rented The Fourth Kind on Redbox just now; just put it in the player... :thumbsup:

that Exorcist movie does me in...have you all seen the 3rd one????? that one freaked me out also....

havnt seen the fourth kind yet, let me know what ya think....

Last edited:
I think with special effects becoming more and more advanced over the years the newer movies have more "horror" you can visualy see while the older movies relied more on the whole story line to carry the movie. Jaws scared the chit out of m the first time I saw it but now... it falls a little short.

I think with special effects becoming more and more advanced over the years the newer movies have more "horror" you can visualy see while the older movies relied more on the whole story line to carry the movie. Jaws scared the chit out of m the first time I saw it but now... it falls a little short.

I hear there is a remake coming out sometime....

Ever since Alien, I like my horror mixed with SciFi. John Carpenter's version of The Thing was classic. I remember my mom telling me she was scared to death seeing the original black and white version as a teen in the 50s. Seeing that old BW one now is kinda boring so each generation is redefining what is scary to them. So many to choose from. For me it was:

Night of The Living Dead, the orignal low budget, black and white one.
Phantasm
The Exorcist
The Omen
Rosemary's Baby
Alien
The Thing(1982)
Nightmare on Elmstreet
Hellraiser
Invasion of the Body Snatchers(1978) again, this was one that scared my mom in the original 50s version which looked pretty lame in 1978. I'm sure younger kids seeing the 78 version might think it was lame. The modern one with Nicole Kidman was good but not top 10 to me.

10 seems too short. What about Reanimator? This movie deeply disturbed me at the time that I saw it. It was so bizarre and disgusting. Not sure how it would hold up if I watched it today. The Shinning, Pet Cemetary, those were pretty good. The Ring, the Grudge, those types don't really seem that scary to me. Saw, Texas Chainsaw, Silence of the Lambs were disturbing and suspenseful, but to me not super scary in the horror movie sense. Well this was fun. back to work.

Last edited:

Hah my father made the mistake of taking me to see Jaws when I was seven .
I couldn't get out of bed at night to pee for weeks nor could I swim anywhere for months :laugh:

I think reality is always worse than a movie and i was pretty scared the morning of 9/11.
Watching the twin towers be hit and fall was about as terrifying as it gets !

/\/\ +100. Who needs movies, turn on the news channel and watch horror in real life...
Posted via Mobile Device

Btw watching horror movies as an adult sucks. I'm 23 and maybe I have become desensitized to the horror that is reality, thus making scary movie not scary anymore. 9/11 puts every horror movie ever produced to shame. I can only imagine what the horrors were like at jewish concentrations during world war 2
Posted via Mobile Device

Polergiest
Jaws
Silence of the Lambs
Alien
Legend of Hell House

Some things I WILL NOT WATCH...exorcist is one of them.
Never saw Grudge, The Ring, and few others.

I do not like mindless chop movies, I like real movies with a plot that
just tend to be scary.

Also, (although I watch a lot) got a thing for zombies...nightmares from time to time
(though I love resident evil)... and dolls that move by themselves (no chucky)...
and clowns....:laugh:

I am watching one now called The Uninvited. It look like a good one Its on HBOW 303 on dish network.

Oh yeah, Poltergeist!! One of my all time favs! How could I forget that? I recall seeing that in a very old balcony theater in NC. I was 12 and that was the first truly scary movie I ever saw...love it, still a huge fan... :thumbsup:

Well, I watched The Fourth Kind and it was good...not scary so much, but I enjoyed it. I loved the "real footage" and how it was interwoven in the film...pretty cool technique and some of that footage was damn creepy.

I have always been a water nut...swam competitively for many years...so, saw Jaws and it just freaked the bejezzeus out of me...so, one day shortly after seeing the movie I am swimming in Alameda Bay in Long Beach with my googles on..not a diving mask, mind you...and I am thinking about the freaking shark and getting really nervous..almost like uncontrolled anxiety...when a 25 foot sail boat almost hits me head on...I heard nothing coming at me...in the last split second before I was hit I saw something massive with a white underbelly coming at me...I screamed so loud and so hard that I think half the people on that boat shizzled their pants...I felt like I could have walked on top of that water for a second I was so scared...
5 of my buddies went to San Nicholas island of the Channel Islands off of Ventura to scuba dive...there is a seal rookery there...4 of us refused to dive off of the rookery because of known Great White shark activity...have you ever had a feeling that something was really really a bad idea...my skin was actually tingling as one of the guys demanded we dive there...but the other 4 guys agreed with me that he could if he wanted to ...but we weren't...called us pusses...but that was from the movie...can there be anything worse than being eaten by an animal?

when I was 6 or 7 I watched "the Legend of Boggy Creek". where a Bigfoot like creature attacks people. I cannot even remember what it was about, but there was a scene where just before the monster attacks there is rustling of a tree, and the scratching of branches against the window in the middle of the night......to this day, when I here that sound I get a chill.

Back