Favorite Movie Ending

I thought Casablanca was a really solid movie, but the ending was homo: literally. I'll have to agree with Boondock Saints, though, it was really something.
If all the great character traits shown at the end of that movie are Homo you need to look up the meaning of the word.
of Casablanca[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on Shawshank.

The Green Mile has a great story and great ending.

--Wag--

The Usual Suspects....Kyser Soziah
lurk.gif

I'm missing some mental connection to Shawshank.  I bought the DVD having never seen it, due to the reviews an watched it.  It was good.  Never struck me as GREAT, just as good as one of the better made for TV movies.  What am I missing?  Am I not human enough?  I mean, I felt for the guy and all that, I just kept waiting and waiting for the great part to start.  And it never seemed to.  NOT saying it's bad, I just don't get why it seems so significant to a great deal of people.  Citizen Kane never thrilled me either.  I liked what it said, and I know it was very controversial whenit came out, but it was not that great as a movie with a nice twist ending.  Casablanca is OK also, but not spectacular.  Lives were not hugely changed, the acting was simply typical of the times... I know it's a classic and well respected, just isn't one I reach for over and over again to watch repeat viewings.  That is my litmus test... do I WANT to watch it again and again?

My watch many times movies include [in no particular order]
Saving Private Ryan
Braveheart
Forrest Gump
The Passion of the Christ
Always

quite a few others really, but these REALLY POPULAR ONES like Shawshank missed me somehow.   I mean I love the deeply moving ones and non action ones as much as the Terminators and Black Hawk Downs etc.  Did I miss something?  Some one clue me in as to why Shawshank is all that.  It was fine, I just don't see it in my long list of "watch again and again" movies

All of thos mentioned are great, But A few of my all time great endings are.......
In no order at all

Southern Comfort "We are the Louisiana National Guard!!!!" no offense anyone, just a great line. Gotta see the movie to understand it though. Post up if you have seen this movie. From the late 70's I think

Jarhead.
And one of my new all time favs. 4:10 Yuma. Th enedind was somewhat expected but not totally the way it came off.

I love the ending of Miracle. It probably doesn't hurt that I remember it happening in real life.

I'll hafta watch Shawshank again. I remember it ended well, but now I'm curious why it wasn't great to me.

k watched Shawshank again... it is a very good movie.  but I remember why it didn't feel great to me.  

First, I bought it knowing NOTHING about it, bought based on friends and online reviews.  Watched it first time expecting some kinda happy redemptive movie and instead it was this depressing, dark prison rape movie. So that kinda soured me out of the gate.

Secondly, on first viewing, it felt very much like an update or remake of THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO, a movie which I dearly love.  You will note the prisoners actually mention that book in the library scene [very suspicious that is] So Shawshank didn't make it as high on my list as I loath remakes mostly.

That said, it carried a heavy christian message about being kind to others and living in hope.  And the it was a VERY WELL told story.  Rare in movies these days

4 out of 5 stars

Second Hand Lions.
The Game
+1 Shawshank
+1 Lucky Number Slevin

Ok seriously though:
6th Sense
and does anyone remember: "To live and die in LA" ...when the main cop gets shot in the face near the end of the movie?

"Interview" (Sienna Miller and Steve Buscemi). Saw it a couple of days ago and the twist at the end was brilliant.

The Color Purple. I think the musical score had a lot to do with it for me...Quincy Jones is the man!

Back