Favorite Movie Ending

All of thos mentioned are great, But A few of my all time great endings are.......
In no order at all

Southern Comfort "We are the Louisiana National Guard!!!!" no offense anyone, just a great line. Gotta see the movie to understand it though. Post up if you have seen this movie. From the late 70's I think

Jarhead.
And one of my new all time favs. 4:10 Yuma. Th enedind was somewhat expected but not totally the way it came off.
I think you mean "3:10 to Yuma"

It's a re-make of a 1950's version but that was a good gun battle.

The Usual Suspects....Kyser Soziah
lurk.gif
+100 Bet you never saw that one coming
wowold.gif

Saving Private Ryan
Sixth Sense
+1

SPR for pure in your face, close quarters, hand to hand battle action.

Sixth Sense for the "Oh Snap, I've been dead the whole time!?"

Oh, and Usual Suspects mentioned above was great as well.
speaking of battle action... not really the ending but I was quite taken in by the battle action in CHILDREN OF MEN. Now, the movie was boring overall, but there is a scene near the end where the lead passes through an active war zone and through some buildings... the cool part is, it is ALMOST all ONE SHOT TAKE WALK THROUGH! and it is amazingly well done. It puts you THERE with the bullets flying an bouncing when the camera never changes view - just sort of follows him around through this stretch of active action. pretty darn cool and worth a rental just for those few mintues... like 10? but the rest of the movie is just so so

WARNING! BLood splatters in this clip.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ytF5-Pbm5i0&feature=related

All of thos mentioned are great, But A few of my all time great endings are.......
In no order at all

Southern Comfort "We are the Louisiana National Guard!!!!" no offense anyone, just a great line. Gotta see the movie to understand it though. Post up if you have seen this movie. From the late 70's I think

Jarhead.
And one of my new all time favs. 4:10 Yuma. Th enedind was somewhat expected but not totally the way it came off.
I think you mean "3:10 to Yuma"

It's a re-make of a 1950's version but that was a good gun battle.
Yes you are correct. Sorry, I was dreaming of quitting time and wanting to leave work.
laugh.gif
whistling.gif

Come on!!

Everyone knows that the best movie ending is when Lawerence Fishburn, takes his Busa to over 200 mph on a dirt road to win the race against his son in...

"Biker Boyz"

lurk.gif

Come on!!

Everyone knows that the best movie ending is when Lawerence Fishburn, takes his Busa to over 200 mph on a dirt road to win the race against his son in...

"Biker Boyz"

lurk.gif
man.... if they'da made that a street race instead, it would have boon an okay ending on that movie. the whole "city is too hot, farmed let us use his road" crap was the WORST!

I have always loved -

Braveheart and Shawshank

but for an ending, American History X has to be it for me. I didn't see it coming the first time, until too late, and it's such a hard life lesson. So much to that movie, and such a powerful story.

Death Proof, and my personal Fave.. Full Metal Jacket, those Marines Walking away from Hue City singing the Mickey Mouse club song was just too much..really brought home how young and innocent those guys were when they got shipped over there.

" Wanted Dead or Alive "
Rutger Hauer and Gene Simmons (yes of KISS fame)
Last line / scene "F~ck The Bonus!" ...

The thing with Shawshank is it touches so many emotions

first is infidelity ... what " would " you do if you caught your wife cheating with the tennis pro ? ... get drunk ? ( he did ) or would you shoot her and the bugger that was shagging her
guns.gif

Next is getting convicted of a crime you did not commit and spending 20 years in jail ... it has crossed most peoples minds whenever the trustworthiness of the justice system comes up in conversation ... look at dna evidence exonerating prisoners on death row

next is prison life and how people adapt to it and survive ( yes there is the bull queers as they called them back then ) but the show showed that at least in prison there is still some humanity in people like Red (the character that Morgan Freeman played )

there is also the main character holding onto " hope " of getting out ... and plotting his escape very early on

and finally there is the end where he saves his friend Red from being " institutionalized " as they called it where they cant function outside of the prison environment after having lived it for so long

This movie came out at the same time as Forrest Gump and although I thought Forrest Gump was a very good movie and well deserving the Oscar I thought that Shawshank was a better film.

The thing with Shawshank is it touches so many emotions

first is infidelity ... what " would " you do if you caught your wife cheating with the tennis pro ? ... get drunk ? ( he did ) or would you shoot her and the bugger that was shagging her  
guns.gif

Next is getting convicted of a crime you did not commit and spending 20 years in jail ... it has crossed most peoples minds whenever the trustworthiness of the justice system comes up in conversation ... look at dna evidence exonerating prisoners on death row

next is prison life and how people adapt to it and survive ( yes there is the bull queers as they called them back then ) but the show showed that at least in prison there is still some humanity in people like Red (the character that Morgan Freeman played )

there is also the main character holding onto " hope " of getting out ... and plotting his escape very early on

and finally there is the end where he saves his friend Red from being " institutionalized " as they called it where they cant function outside of the prison environment after having lived it for so long

This movie came out at the same time as Forrest Gump and although I thought Forrest Gump was a very good movie and well deserving the Oscar I thought that Shawshank was a better film.
Good synopsis, however, if my memory serves me well the molesters were called "the sisters."

Thats true ... but when Andy told Red that he was not gay that was when Red said that the " sisters " dont care and that bull queers take by force

Back