what's your all time fav movies

The wife has the TV affixed to the Hallmark channel this time of year...I can forecast the plot of each and every movie...I think the same person wrote each one.

Ugh, at my house too and since June or July. I'd use the phrase that she changed the channel to Hallmark and broke off the knob, but we have a flatscreen tv... no knobs.

Thank EFF I have MotorTrend on Demand and YouTube to keep me sane... plus a solid door between our living room and my computer office.

Ugh, at my house too and since June or July. I'd use the phrase that she changed the channel to Hallmark and broke off the knob, but we have a flatscreen tv... no knobs.

Thank EFF I have MotorTrend on Demand and YouTube to keep me sane... plus a solid door between our living room and my computer office.
I just kind of disappear and go to the rec room in the basement to the other TV.....

Oddly enough Humphry Bogart was featured on TCM yesterday and my wife seemed to like his movies so I got a bit of a reprieve....she was interested to know he and Lauren Bacall were married.

I think I'll break out the "Band of Brothers" series as that will distract her from the Hallmark mayhem for a little while...

200.gif

For purely fictional entertainment its always worth a few minutes of watch time when going through the channels and discover Scarface is on.

Other noteworthy fictions are
The Truman Show
A Fish called Wanda
Coming to America
Forrest Gump
Devils Advocate...

You tube is my savior... more content there than I have time to watch.

The wife is attracted to bloodiness like John Wicks mis adventures...

I like the old stuff, pretty much anything with John Wayne, Humphry Bogart, Jim Stewart, Gary Cooper or any of the old classics...not much of the new stuff interests me...I haven't gone to a movie theater in years.

My first regular part time summer job as a kid and 16 years old was working as an usher at an outdoor drive in theater in 1969. The big hits that summer in Minnesota was "Bullit" with Steve McQueen, 2001, a Space Odessy ( couldn't stand it ). Rosemarys Baby ( Yuck! ) and some John Wayne Movies like Paint your Wagon?
So, what does an usher at a outdoor drive in do? Wear white coveralls and show your friends where to park after the ticket booth closes and sit on the back row in your buddies car and chat up any girls he brought for the adventure of sneaking in without having to pay and see where that goes!

The actual assignment after the movie started was to get head counts on cars and match them with license plate numbers. I would be given a list of suspect cars and have to check like 4 or 5 rows of cars. Earlier when cars were coming in the girls selling tickets to customers would charge each car by the number occupants in a car and take note of how many tickets were sold to that car. Back in 69 at that time you had all these cars that teenagers could easily fit 3 or 4 bodies into the trunk and get in for free. The establishment knew that so that is where the sillohette head count by plate number came in after the movie started. I think I found two cars that summer that had more occupants in them that didn't buy tickets according to the gals selling tickets at the ticket booth. So, I would tell the manager and he would go to that car and do a ticket check... if that car had more people than tickets he kicked them out. I really didn't give a crap... was more interested in what my buddies could bring in with girls after the ticket booth was closed... they would just drive up the exit road with their lights off.. the entrance gates were closed but this was before tire rippers were invented for the exit lane.
To be 16 again... hmmm... I think this Drive in job is where my sleep cycle started getting disrupted.

200.gif

Back