Top Ten Favorite horror movies in your mind

I love horror movies, but so few actually scare you anymore...

My all-time favs, in no particular order:

The Exorcist
The Thing (1982 remake)
30 Days of Night
The Ring (not the Japanese version)
SE7EN
Alien
Nightmare of Elm Street
JAWS
Hellraiser
Amityville Horror
The Silence of the Lambs

Those are the ones I will watch over and over and over again...love 'em all...sorry it's 11 :laugh: Can't cut one from the list :p

The Exorcist
The Thing (1982 remake)
30 Days of Night
SE7EN
Alien
Nightmare of Elm Street
JAWS
Hellraiser
Amityville Horror
The Silence of the Lambs

Those are the ones I will watch over and over and over again...love 'em all...sorry it's 11 :laugh: Can't cut one from the list :p

Great list! I agree with almost all of your selections.

Ditch NoES & Hellraiserm and add:

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
The People Under the Stairs

The Exorcist
The Thing (1982 remake)
30 Days of Night
SE7EN
Alien
Nightmare of Elm Street
JAWS
Hellraiser
Amityville Horror
The Silence of the Lambs

Add The Fourth Kind and you have a winner.

The Grudge scares the crap out of my wife. Especially when the thing is crawling down the stairs making that funky noise.

Nothing creeps me out like the footage never originally released in The Exorcist. If you're a fan, get the version that shows the "spiderwalk" scene *chills*

I rented The Fourth Kind on Redbox just now; just put it in the player... :thumbsup:

I only like scary movies if they deal with things and bad guys that guns can kill which nobody in the movie ever seems to have :banghead:
But I don't like scary movies with ghosts and spirits cuz I believe in those as I've been to a few haunted places that def were and guns do no good so I ain't watching it :)

The Exhorsist.....the latest version with all the unseen footage is scary as hell...

also Paranormal Activity, is great.....the handycam footage makes it seem like you are there, watching a home movie.

this may be more action, but the original Alien was pretty scary.

I'm probably going to het flamed for this, but I think the original Saw should be added to the list. One heck of a good plot imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back