TonyM995 Gen 3 Build

At a certain point.... With soooo much money invested. Its scary for guys to encourage him to go it 100 percent alone. I know that in my 600HP rig, i have over 60K in receipts. And i dont have allllll the receipts. The small stuff like a brake upgrade and the UNIT5front end and the steering stabilizer and the wheels/ swingarm/chain/sprockets/robinsons output shaft support/ headworkork/turbo cams/ upgraded coils.... (afterthoughts and improvements/finishing touches)... there is over 12K in just that stuff. and powdercoating stuff like the turbo system and rear sets/ etc. the small details even become expensive.... along with nice titanium fasteners. the small stuff becomes almolst as expensive as the big stuff..... and nobody budgets for this stuff.
I talk with Tony a lot privately and am largely just giving him poop. I’ve never wired a bike from scratch but I did wire my grudge car from scratch and know it is a monster of a task.

One thing though... I have this sneaking suspiscion that you have had that car for 20 years and knew it PRETTY WELL and inside out before tackling the complete rewire and standalone ecu. You have alot of experience in this field or at least with THAT car...... correct me if im wrong here. experience is invaluable.
Haha I’m only 30, and when I did that I was 20 and had owned the car for about 2.5 years. I only understood that task because I could barely afford the big stuff 3 PCM and definitely couldn’t afford to pay a real shop to fab for me. It was well before the time of online tuning schools and info being available on YouTube. The car now is on a Holley system and wiring it the second time was cake, largely because the harnesses for LS stuff coke pre fabbed now I admire Tony’s willingness to learn from literally the ground up, I don’t think a harness from scratch is something I ever want to tackle again. I do agree with you experience is invaluable

At a certain point.... With soooo much money invested. Its scary for guys to encourage him to go it 100 percent alone.
No it’s not haha I’m 1000% behind this guy, he’s doing it right.

I feel many people who swear by a tuner, or builder, forget that the they had to start somewhere too. Either u buy fish or learn to fish, either way u eat.

Thanks Brotha!! I’m not concerned about convincing Tuco or anyone that I’m capable.

Tuco if you were supportive of me and I failed it wouldn’t reflect at all on you anyway so don’t worry! I’ve got this!!!

Guarantee my ability is better than some shop owners. I’ve seen the work some guys do and that’s a hard pass for me.

Here is a quick clip of when we were learning how to tune on a real life example at Fueltech last week:

Haha you just can’t help yourself and that’s okay.

Yeah a plug and play option from Boost by Smiths is what I’d largely recommend for most people.

I’m not most people if you didn’t notice and have prioritized my health over the winter; along with taking my time to learn how all of this works.

Just because you don’t know how to figure all of this out doesn’t mean I can’t.

No shop out there would do as nice of a job as I’ll do- period. I’m better at this then ANY average shop and am taking my time to make it better than they ever would. I have been trained by Fueltech how to wire properly.

I’m wiring the injectors today and have each wire labeled.

It’s hard to see but I cut 8 wires to length first and labeled each:
E5FE059B-7269-490C-A805-543BB352DDF5.jpeg

Then did concentric twisting. This will terminate in the MSD relay and I’llmate it to the harness from the ecu to each injector next.
7EFBD7B0-1552-4A54-A492-F196F418EF4A.jpeg

To your point Daniel, I’m not really worried about a turbo kit this year. I’m still trying to educate myself and figure out what will be best for what I want to do.

After the bike is running I’m going to upgrade the clutch, get a good rear tire on, and just send it. See what I can do with that and maybe there will be more turbo options later this year.

I’m not thrilled with the HTP option but also not writing it off yet. I’m fine with spending $1,000 on a plenum and $3k on a fuel system for methanol but I’m not going to spend $8k on a plenum and then $3k on a fuel system. If I did that, @01smokes would have a heart attack. ;) Why spend $20k when $10k would give the same result.

I got a carbon seat pan delivered this week.
9D5C09C7-4C56-46F6-9D94-390B84C119C9.jpeg

To your point Daniel, I’m not really worried about a turbo kit this year. I’m still trying to educate myself and figure out what will be best for what I want to do.

After the bike is running I’m going to upgrade the clutch, get a good rear tire on, and just send it. See what I can do with that and maybe there will be more turbo options later this year.

I’m not thrilled with the HTP option but also not writing it off yet. I’m fine with spending $1,000 on a plenum and $3k on a fuel system for methanol but I’m not going to spend $8k on a plenum and then $3k on a fuel system. If I did that, @01smokes would have a heart attack. ;) Why spend $20k when $10k would give the same result.

I got a carbon seat pan delivered this week.
View attachment 1663562
Hello to your cat!

Is it possible to ride on that seat for 1-2 hours or is if just for drag racing?

Looks great!

Your project is awesome, Tony!

Always happy to get news from you, so please keep us updated.

Haha you just can’t help yourself and that’s okay.

Yeah a plug and play option from Boost by Smiths is what I’d largely recommend for most people.

I’m not most people if you didn’t notice and have prioritized my health over the winter; along with taking my time to learn how all of this works.

Just because you don’t know how to figure all of this out doesn’t mean I can’t.

No shop out there would do as nice of a job as I’ll do- period. I’m better at this then ANY average shop and am taking my time to make it better than they ever would. I have been trained by Fueltech how to wire properly.

I’m wiring the injectors today and have each wire labeled.

It’s hard to see but I cut 8 wires to length first and labeled each:
View attachment 1663560

Then did concentric twisting. This will terminate in the MSD relay and I’llmate it to the harness from the ecu to each injector next.
View attachment 1663558
Hi. What are you using for the wire will it be all Mil spec?

Hope u figure it out. This proiject started in november. But as far as going turbo this season... that kit needed to be ordered a month ago. And building a motor/ sending out cases to be machined for 1/2 inch studs and sending out a tranny takes time... U might wanna order the base spacer and just a set of pistons/ valvesprings/maybe SS valves and head studs(topend kit)... that would enable 300HP IF u got your hands on a decent kit.

iF I was ding this project I would have done my homework/research beforehand and never posted online looking for advice. The project wouldnt take 5 months. I would have purchased necessary tools beforehand and been ready. its called adulting.
Look I’ve tried to be nice to you. You don’t have the intelligence or competence to do what I can do; so shut your pie hole and go find someone else to talk to. You aren’t welcome here.

Vehicles that get raced are never finished. You go abuse them and then service/work on them so they can do it again. If I wanted my bike to sit with bodywork on it all winter I could have done that but you don’t get to know everything about a vehicle by staring at paint.

Finished wiring the injectors today. I measured the braided sleeving for the bottom pieces and not the top ones until I did cylinder 1/2. I left a lot of wire because I’m not sure where the secondaries will need to go on a turbo plenum. Also if I move the battery and relay to the front of the bike in the future I’ll have slack to do things over again.

0C0F03FF-D68A-412C-B1A1-A0DA0EBBA1E0.jpeg

D0CC63F2-3722-4001-A384-A64DCC269326.jpeg

Thanks Mark! They all terminate in an MSD solid state relay. The far left loom is from the coils and the second loom is the injectors.

I ended up using 22g wire for the injectors. Red color for 1-4 and a combo color for 5-8.
77ECD45D-E5EB-453E-93BD-1B0F9198DE5E.jpeg

Here are my notes from the EFI University courses and that’s how I determined what gauge wire to use. The Service Manual shows each injector should read 11 ohms.
021A2D9F-8C13-4C52-9E6E-C0705D29F3BC.jpeg

Back