Tire changes, really......I need a list!

hey james see if you can find someone you trust enough to change your tires at a tire store maybe like a place that does the big 22inch and such see if they would do it for you i use the same machine at work that i do regular car tires on then off to the stealership where they charge me 10 a wheel to balance

I am going to call a couple of places in the morning Tim and see what they say. I know I need to invest in a changer, but that will have to be a little later. I will also most likely have to change my tires when we get back from the bash, that will more than pay for the changer with 2 sets of tires needing swapped. If I can just get my ex to pony up what she owes me I can get a pretty nice set up.

kool bro you know if i/you lived closer we wouldn't be having this conversation

Two Motion Pro cheapo tire tire irons and cut up a coolant bottle (or similar) with a utility knife to save the large flat pieces to use as rim protectors.
Home-made bead breaker (learned off YouTube) made from 2) 6' 2x4s and a couple chunks of 2x2.
With those simple tools and a spray bottle of very soapy water it is entirely possible to change 'Busa tires.
I know from experience , I have changed about 12 tires with this set-up.

Last week I brought my shop my wheels off the bike with tires that I bought on line cause he doesn't deal in the tires I like and he still only charged me 22.00 bucks to mount and balance both front and rear.:cheerleader: 22.00 TOTAL not each! You guys need to find a new shop maybe.???

There is NO NEED to ever adjust your chain tensioners to get the rear wheel off/on....

If you have any tips, I'd love to hear them! :thumbsup: I keep my chain a tad loose, but I find it easier to remove the chain first so I can hold the rim with one hand and try to line up the axle with the other. I find that with the chain at the proper tension, I can't pull on the tire and hold it up with one hand while sliding the axle in and keeping everything lined up.

Sorry for the threadjack...:hijack:

Back