Dyna beads

I started doin my own mounting about 5 years ago when I first tried the dyna beads cause I was tired of those ugly sticky weights. I have been more than please with em as far as life and ride. When I change tires they are still lil balls like there supposed to be. I recently went with a 300 rear and put them in there as well but have not got to ride it yet, hopefuully they are good in it as a stock tire. the company I work for also have been using em in our steer tires on the big trucks with no issues.

I started doin my own mounting about 5 years ago when I first tried the dyna beads cause I was tired of those ugly sticky weights. I have been more than please with em as far as life and ride. When I change tires they are still lil balls like there supposed to be. I recently went with a 300 rear and put them in there as well but have not got to ride it yet, hopefuully they are good in it as a stock tire. the company I work for also have been using em in our steer tires on the big trucks with no issues.

Thank you sir. Exactly the type of experience and feedback I was looking for!:beerchug:

me and my brother both use them and totally love them. have never had any kind of problems for two years. we ride twisties and 180 mph highway runs and quarter mile runs at the track. we will never use anything else. and yes they are reusable

Good information, and an alternative veiw. I also noticed a member posting in your thread about having front wheel vibration at over 95mph.
Seems as though they may indeed be better for cruising than hard riding.
I might just buy a balancing stand and traditional weights and have it be more consistant and cost effective long term. Thank you sir:beerchug:

I have a friend that uses them in his 400mph Bonneville car. So If they are good with that I would think i wouldn't matter what you put them in. :thumbsup:

I have a friend that uses them in his 400mph Bonneville car. So If they are good with that I would think i wouldn't matter what you put them in. :thumbsup:

In theory at least, the faster they go, the better they should work.....

In theory... :please:

Alot of great info in this thread. I guess I'm really trying to decide if they are long term better performance/cost effective than balancing at home on a stand vs. computer balanced on a machine. I don't want any vibration at all. I've had no luck with unbalanced tires either, no suprise, and I've only always run machine balanced tires. I would assume that I could get equal performance from a balancing stand at home if done correctly.
Just gathering others experience to help my decision. I think I'll at least give them a try as well as buy a stand and a bunch of weights. Thanks guys:thumbsup:

if you want to re-use them and carry your tires in to change them. drill a hole through bad tire and use a funnel and a water bottle to catch them.

i have them inside my angels. They do their job. i have been 130+ and didnt notice any additional vibrations.

I know several guys that use them with positive reports. In fact I just swapped 4 tires on four rims for one of them today. Dyna Beads in one set and some liquid balancing goop in the other set. The beads flowed into the tire with no problems. He had an electric engraver to vibrate the bottle but it wasn't needed.

The beads stay in the dismounted tire, just use a piece of paper to scoop them out. Drilling a hole in a tire isn't a very practical way of getting them out. Not easy to drill a clean hole in a tire. The burr on the inside isn't going to let them flow out, then you have all the debris from drilling in the mix that's going to have to be separated out or it's going to plug the valve stem on the reinstall.

I know another guy that has mounted 100's of tires on dozens of bikes and has never balanced any of them. No weights, beads or goop, he reports no vibs or ill wear.

ok, i see how they work in a tire running on a straight highway, but how would they act through a twisty course???? through hard braking then being tossed into a corner? i would think they would wash around then too. that might be a bad thing riding on the edge of a tire, sliding around a corner.

:handball: its questions like this, that keep me up at night.

I know another guy that has mounted 100's of tires on dozens of bikes and has never balanced any of them. No weights, beads or goop, he reports no vibs or ill wear."<---- that's strange, I thought tires are all a bit different weight, compound and the way they are molded that the tire would make the wheel (sometimes) off balance. I did have a guy put my pirelli's on and said he hasn't seen many tires that don't need a weight . so I'm sure every once in a while a tire doesn't need balanced but you have to atleast check if it's balanced right?

I'm probably just a lucky bastid , but I've changed my tires on my '06 36K miles and my '08 17K miles and never had a balance problem. I credit this to the factory balance of my wheels and production techniques used in making bike tires. I just pop my tires off and pop the new ones on. If the tire comes with a mark I line it up with the valve stem.

I see you are a wheelie guy! This is my opinion in your case. If you are doing a wheelie long enough for the front tire to stop turning all those beads will be at the bottom of the tire when you set it down. With all that weight in one spot when the wheel touches down at 100 Kts it may very well shake your teeth out and very capable of putting you on your head. QUICKLY!

My own personal view, I'd spend a few bucks on a balancer and use weights.

I'm probably just a lucky bastid , but I've changed my tires on my '06 36K miles and my '08 17K miles and never had a balance problem. I credit this to the factory balance of my wheels and production techniques used in making bike tires. I just pop my tires off and pop the new ones on. If the tire comes with a mark I line it up with the valve stem.

I have lost stick on weights on occasions at the track. My experience wasn't quite as heart warming. I found in most cases the tire would be calm until it reached the 100 mph point and from that point on it became more radical as the speed increased. At a buck fifty it bacame unnerving. As the speed decreased the shakes became less and less until speed was reduced under triple digits where it showed little signs of being unbalanced.

A balanced tire is critical at hight speeds. I now mark my tires at the spot of the weights with the amount of weight required so I can replace if lost.

I have lost stick on weights on occasions at the track. My experience wasn't quite as heart warming. I found in most cases the tire would be calm until it reached the 100 mph point and from that point on it became more radical as the speed increased. At a buck fifty it bacame unnerving. As the speed decreased the shakes became less and less until speed was reduced under triple digits where it showed little signs of being unbalanced.

A balanced tire is critical at hight speeds. I now mark my tires at the spot of the weights with the amount of weight required so I can replace if lost.

A good piece of duct tape over that weight might keep it from coming off, SteveO. We are required to tape over our weights down here.....which reminds me I need to put new tape on my weights just in case for THIS WEEKEND :cheerleader:

Okay, okay, as Saiid said, uncle, uncle.

We have a distributor that carries these. We'll have to get a batch in and throw them up on the PashnitMoto lineup.

I'll order a batch in today. Sheesh, guys are beating me over the head with a stick. :laugh:

Back