Dyna beads

I see you are a wheelie guy! This is my opinion in your case. If you are doing a wheelie long enough for the front tire to stop turning all those beads will be at the bottom of the tire when you set it down. With all that weight in one spot when the wheel touches down at 100 Kts it may very well shake your teeth out and very capable of putting you on your head. QUICKLY!

My own personal view, I'd spend a few bucks on a balancer and use weights.

This is why I ask questions here. To me that makes perfect sense. I am just going to buy a balancing stand. I've machine mounted/balanced countless car and truck tires, and hand changed too many dirtbike and 4wheeler tires. I think with a little practice I can learn to balance bike tires. Any advice on that?
I've also run unbalanced tires and would have to agree with your other post, at triple digit speeds they go from bad to worse.
Thank you sir.:beerchug:

I see you are a wheelie guy! This is my opinion in your case. If you are doing a wheelie long enough for the front tire to stop turning all those beads will be at the bottom of the tire when you set it down. With all that weight in one spot when the wheel touches down at 100 Kts it may very well shake your teeth out and very capable of putting you on your head. QUICKLY!

emphasis added

All that weight is 1 oz. I don't see it causing problems. I don't think many people do wheelies at 180mph and hold it there long enough to stop the front wheel from rotating,

emphasis added

All that weight is 1 oz. I don't see it causing problems. I don't think many people do wheelies at 180mph and hold it there long enough to stop the front wheel from rotating,

Mine are gps'd into the 130's, and usually 60 to 100mph. The front wheel stops turning all the time, even on slow wheelies, I can go for over a mile no problem. So it does matter to me.

There is also such a thing as over analysis...

There is no way Dyna Beads deserves a 3 page discussion of the pro's and cons...

Consider there is a SIGNIFICANT number of people who don't even balance their wheel/tire combos AT ALL and will run them well over 100mph..

There is also such a thing as over analysis...

There is no way Dyna Beads deserves a 3 page discussion of the pro's and cons...

Consider there is a SIGNIFICANT number of people who don't even balance their wheel/tire combos AT ALL and will run them well over 100mph..

I agree, but I HAVE run several unbalanced tires on different bikes at over 100mph, and all have had a bad vibration. I'm just going to use weights, my questions have been answered, and I do appreciate everyone's input.

Dunlop will not cover tires with dyna beads. check the web site.

Yeah but that is because dunlops warranty is full of absolute FAIL...

Did you know the same clause says if you fill your tire with nitrogen instead of air(even though air is MOSTLY nitrogen, its not pure nitrogen, and therefore different), it is no longer warrantied....

Tires injected with dry/liquid balancers or sealants, or in which anything other than air has been used as the support medium.

Because of this, i have heard of DEALERS warrantying tires dunlop refused too..

its purly Dunlop weasling out of their warranty service...

Yeah but that is because dunlops warranty is full of absolute FAIL...

Did you know the same clause says if you fill your tire with nitrogen instead of air(even though air is MOSTLY nitrogen, its not pure nitrogen, and therefore different), it is no longer warrantied....

Because of this, i have heard of DEALERS warrantying tires dunlop refused too..

its purly Dunlop weasling out of their warranty service...

I'm not suprised. Honestly I think any of us would have a hard time proving a bike tire failure was any manufacturer's fault though.
And, you do realize you're dragging on this excessive 3 page thread too right?!:poke::laugh:

We now have Dyna Beads in stock. My next tire set will likely be in April or May. Be throwing in the Dyna Beads.

See what happens when you guys talk about stuff. :poke: :laugh:

Hi Guys,

Been using DB for the last 6 tire changes, I got sick of taking tires to local shop and getting charged etc so decided to start changing myself - can be a pain in the butt but I save a lot of $$. I didnt have a balancer myself so decided to try DB's so and heres my view:

in real world riding: I put them in a fresh set of changed DQ2's when I went for a weekend ride through snowy mountains here in AU (awesome road twisty slow and fast - those that know me; I come from a fast backround) , it rained heavily all weekend, something I noticed very early on was how smooth the ride was and gave me so much confidence that I almost forgot it was raining and ripped up the road even though it was so wet. it was very noticable that the tires were indeed self balancing and were especially smooth at med level speeds. On the 3rd day we got fine weather coming down the mountain so I let rip and had absolutly no vibrations from 150 upto 250kph through high speed corners.
3 sets later I was off to the world famous track Phillip Island and took the Busa down as well as the race bike to see how the big girl went on the track. One thing I did notice under at top end acceleration at full gallop was there was some vibration from the front but none the rear (odd I thought) I havnt had the same vibration since mind you I havnt done the same speeds on the road :) I have done 3 more sets of tires since and find the tires definately stay smooth as the tire wear goes down as opposed to having wheel weights so I am convinced they work in conditions that most riders would do in normal and high speed road riding. Easy to put in the tire, so far I have found it a pain in the butt to reuse so I personally rekon for the price its easier to just change (although I might try the drill trick next time) buy in bulk an save - still sheet loads cheaper than stealer dealers doing my tires :) all in all I am happy with the performance of the DB and no ugly weights on the wheel another plus - worth trying once I say and make up your own mind from there.

Figured I should post my experience with dyna beads. I have brand new Dunlop Q2's and put dyna beads on the bike. Smooth it is not the word I would describe it. 0-40mph-ish the bike felt like it was riding on a lumpy road, and after that it was so bad. But after 70mph the bike felt like it was weaving left and right, almost felt like a wobble. It did not ride smooth at all, and I didn't feel comfortable enough to go above 85mph. I toke my tires off and took out all of the beads in the tires. Will never use them again.

Back