ticket question

Busa can outrun most PD helocopters.
Maybe, but no bike can outrun the radio.

--Nanwags
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

x2 on the can't outrun the radio.

Yep, the money you spend on a lawyer will be money saved on insurance rates.

And for those of you who run across "cool" cops who give you tickets in the future, try to find out if he's taking vacation time any time soon, and then call and get the court date rescheduled for that date. Don't forget that not only does the issuing officer have to show up to court, but the person who monitored your speed and radioed down also has to show.

Most cops get paid overtime for court time, so many of them DO go, especially if their dept is tight on OT. I had a cop show up to court to argue with me on a seatbelt ticket.

States vary as to whether the officer needs to be present in court for traffic offenses.

Here in The People's Republic of Massachusetts, the ticket is considered sufficient evidence of the infraction, and its up to the judge or magistrate to decide your fate. I'm sure it helps if the officer is not present and you have a good story.

If you do go to court by yourself- be prepared. You need to have a plausible theory on why the speed measurement was inaccurate. There are plenty of books out there on how to beat a ticket, or at least improve your odds. Dont expect a good outcome if you just show up claiming innocence.

hey can anyone tell me how VASCAR stands up in court. i guess i need to tell you more of the story. me and a buddy was coming out of Buford Ga 985 to 85 and we were pulled over and the officers told us that there police helicopter tracked us. mind you when they pulled us over they could not tell us how fast we were going. they wanted us to tell them. so he gives us both tickets for 90+. don't get me wrong the officers were really cool not attitudes or anything. they were just glad we didn't run.
___
Dear Antonian

I live less than a mile from 985 in Buford.

Where do you live?

Maybe we could get together and ride sometime. I'm a total squid, though.

I'm sorry you got a ticket. I can refer you to a truly top-shelf attorney, but hiring him would cost a heck of a lot more than the ticket.

You need to learn where I live. You could have come to my house, parked in my garage, and let the fuzz keep on looking.

I'd really like to know if they were being truthful when they say a helicopter tracked you.

I probably shouldn't say this in a public forum, but I despise Gwinnett County cops. Most of the guys are a bunch of tobacco-chewing, redneck jockstraps.

--Jaddie

Back