Ticketed by an aircraft for speeding

be glad they didn't say you were going even faster and try to impound your bikes. Florida is trying their best makeit a no sportbike state. They're intentionaly targeting the sportbike community and borders on harrasement.

Just pay your fines and be glad thay didn't do anything worse. You gotta pay to ride in Florida.
guns.gif

I would go back and paint over the stripes on the road with black paint. Or add a bunch more stripes at ramdom intervals.
laugh.gif

Stripes are not reds they are white.  According to the ticket location we were 2 miles south of the city of Oviedo.

I think the the name of the toll booth was University.  The next exit up was I think Red Bug but I remember the Sanford airport exit was like right in front of us. It was south of Mile Marker 40 and north of the tool booth.

Can you help me research this and these stripes?  I'd like to consider a fight here but I am having a hard time figuring out how you arguw what you can't follow what was happening.  Is there any signs that say Road Patrolld by Aircraft?  I only saw 2 stripes but there may be more.  I can tell you the stripes I saw were across the interstate about a foot wide.  The first was marked with a "0" right at the mark.  Almost like that was known "0" point and that there is some measured distance that they had to adhere to but all I had was my odometer on my bike to get a rough idea.

i run that section of road all the time and i have never seen an air patrol sign,mabye i missed it.i most likly will be on that road tomorow eve. and i will keep a lookout for stripes and signs.

There should have been a sign that said they can track you by aircraft... I always watch myself in places like that just in case... Not sure you can do anything about it unfortunately, good luck and keep us posted!

I WENT ACROSS THE LAKE JESSUP BRIDGE LAST NIGHT AND SAW 3 WHITE STRIPES ABOUT A 1/2 MILE APART NEAR THE END OF THE BRIDGE HEADING SOUTH.NO SIGNS!

That Is a good point. How can they track multiple targets? I would think that is your biggest defense in court. That and a talented lawyer you should be good. I was always told to ask to see the device that they used to clock me? Though I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in a L00000ng time. Knock on wood. If I remember right my last speeding ticket was a flat rate of $54 for doing something like 50ish in a 30.

Welcome to .... the California's Desert way of handing out Tickets.. its been done for YRs here..and quite "suck'sesfully" ....mind you.. these pilots have a few stop watches hanging on their necks, so like ( Moparict ) ..typed .. its all about ( rate=distance /time ) ..they clock you thru markers as you " speed" by them < click>.. and " smile " while they are doing it ..and <click> you as you go past the mile marker.. so yes they can get more than 1 vehicle at a time ..and by the way they do take "snapshots" of the lic'plate .. .. least they used too.. so like ( Wag ) typed.. It is accurate way to measure speed..
firedevil.gif
< find them attorney's!!> .

I WENT ACROSS THE LAKE JESSUP BRIDGE LAST NIGHT AND SAW 3 WHITE STRIPES ABOUT A 1/2 MILE APART NEAR THE END OF THE BRIDGE HEADING SOUTH.NO SIGNS!
Thank you for that effort. We were northbound after the University Toll. South of mile marker 40 are the lines that we saw. Am thinking these have to be them. If you see them, right off on the shoulder is a handpainte with spray can a "0" like it was the start of a measured spot to start the lines. Found another one on the odo indicated at .2something and it finished just south of the no. 40 mile marker like maybe 30 feet south of it.

I know they were pulling over a lot heading south as well so those lines may certainly be the same set-up going the other direction.

I would want to see video of this s*#t. If a human is doing this in a moving plane, tracking a moving vehicle, then I want to see this on video to verify everything was done right. Otherwise, I'm getting a lawyer.....
beerchug.gif

where in florida? my advice, go to court, plead "no contest" and just pay the court cost (which is what they will do)... then at least you don't have the points on your license and since you were 30mph or less under the speed limit, it won't be too much.

Number one, since when do they have to tell you that they are clocking your speed, news flash they can time you, clock you or whatever you want to call it whenever they want to. If that was the case then there would be signs on every street in America. Hiring a lawyer would probably cost you more than just paying the ticket don't you think? Just pay the ticket and live with it.

Number one, since when do they have to tell you that they are clocking your speed, news flash they can time you, clock you or whatever you want to call it whenever they want to.  If that was the case then there would be signs on every street in America.  Hiring a lawyer would probably cost you more than just paying the ticket don't you think?  Just pay the ticket and live with it.
Hey cops are gonna love you. Sir I was looking at you going by and you looked like you might have been going a little fast so here is your ticket for 135 in a 70. Pay up. No need to be concerned if I actually KNEW if you are speeding, just thought I'd take your money. Thank you for not caring.

4 vehicles clocked at the same time for the same speed simultaneously?
rock.gif
???.......they also seem to be magicians.

Well if you fight speeding tickets in florida, well daytona at least when you intiatlly plead not guilty your go into a lil preliminary meeting to actually pleant NG and then they set you another court date where they supeena (spelling?) the officers into court, on the airtraffic tickets unless the cop paced you and then pulled you over the LE in the airplane would have to come into court also, and the fact that they gave all 4 of you the same speed for the ticket just means they gave whoever had the worst speed to all of you, which is suspicious and some spots in florida say speed controlled by plane or some bs to that effect. and to the person who said just plead no contest true you don't get the points and most insurance companies see this as a victory on your side not you actually getting the ticket which is cool cause it doesn't count against your 5 times taking traffic school  
cool.gif
, but you still have to pay the ticket and you still risk your insurance going up and you still may have to pay court fees depending on the judge. if you did however ever end up admitting to speeding or any of your friends just go take the no contest and pay up, you can however see the backside of the ticket by either goin to your counties courthouse and requesting the back copies of your tickets at the price of 1.50 for the first copy and .15 for each aditional and see what they wrote about you and the lil notes that they put to pretend like they actually remember what happened when they go to court so if you pissed them off or told them your taking them to court this is where you'll find a paragraph about you, and try to get all four of you in court on the same day too emphasize that therer were 4 of you and that 4 identical speeds are pretty impossible ... well if you get the attorney you don't usually have to go, and as far as the guy who said don't fight it on your own you'll loose you obviosly have never taken tickets to court on your own or if you did you didn't know what the hell you were doing coppertone out of my 12 tickets 7 were dropped cause of stupidity and not on my side 2 tickets the le never showed 3 adjudification of guilt withelds (pay fine but no points) and 1 actually stuck but 2 got to go to a 8 driver safety course its do-able but its requires some homework and for most the traffic attorney's just easier but i was broke, so if you feel like spending the money go for the attorney or do it yourself if you feel like playing are you smarter than a 5th grader
firedevil.gif

Back