Thought it be entertaining to hear about what you used to ride/want to ride

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I'm sure some of the members might enjoy sharing stories of past bikes,maybe thoughts on rides they like to have in the future.Perhaps a little blurb about how you came to choose "The beast" . I'm sure just about everybody has a fond memory of the one they never should have sold or the one turd they regretted buying from day 1. The very first street bike you ever had I'm sure would bring a chuckle. If I would have kept it...it'd be 40 years old today. Yamaha XS400 Special. There was nothing "special" about that bike. :laugh: But it was mine and I loved riding it,
Rubb.

Yamaha XS400 sp 80.jpg

My first ever real motorcycle i road on the street was a kawasaki kz1000. i think it was a 1979. It was fun and scared the crap outta me all in one fell swoop. I was i think 13 maybe 14? As for what i want to ride, Does Mariah Carey count? lololol!

My first ever real motorcycle i road on the street was a kawasaki kz1000. i think it was a 1979. It was fun and scared the crap outta me all in one fell swoop. I was i think 13 maybe 14? As for what i want to ride, Does Mariah Carey count? lololol!
The KZ was an' animal.
Mariah...oh ya...butt...I'm in love with Taylor. Check out the front to back-side to side hip action ...:drool: try THIS then click here .
I've sent fan mail,including marriage proposals etc...
The restraining order I got hand delivered to my door made it pretty clear she wasn't interested.:confused:
Rubb.

All started with a Suzuki TM75 back in the early 70’s, followed by a 1978 RM125 - bought this new and still have it all stock. Next was a 1972 H2 750 - got fed up replacing the centre piston. Latest is the 09 Hayabusa I picked up in 2018. Not sure what will be next as I can’t see anything being better :)

I've worked on lots of those over the years Haya'. I will have a 500-4 up on the bench today or tomorrow. Those CB's have a HUGE following to this day.Ever think about restoring one?
Rubb.
About restoring in general, yes. This particular bike? Not yet. I've got my eyes on the '06 Ninja 500 I owned nearly 10 years ago - its current owner doesn't ride it ... at all. So I might buy that back and get started on restoration as a hobby. Depending on how that goes ... But I've still got a clutch, steel lines, valve clearance and dyno on the Busa list. I'm little behind on reg maint before I begin to restore!

These are not my pics, I just grabbed them off teh internet.

My first bike was at 12 years old, a red '78 Yamaha DT-100 bought new for about $525. I rode it three years and had outgrown it. Sold it my freshman year of high school.
yammi.png

I guess I was starting to think about a car at that age. I never bought another bike although I sure loved the faired bikes I was starting to see on the road in the 80s. I couldn't afford one though. The car I ended up buying was reliable but extremely unremarkable.

My intrigue with sportbikes continued through college but of course, I had no money at that time. After college, 1990, guess what...no money although my GF at the time encouraged me to buy a sportbike. Imagine that? Wish I married her....but again, no money. She was perfect though. Too bad I was too stupid to realize that at the time.

1995, still no money but decided to get married anyway to a less cool girl. 2000, my car was used up and my dad handed off his 1998 Vulcan Classi which I used for "practical transportation." Guess what, the wife hated it. I sold it after two years for $1100. It wasn't what I wanted anyway.
vulcan.png

Never even entertained the idea of getting another bike until 2008. I had some money and I finally got what I wanted although it was a very togh decision between the ZX-14 and the 08 busa. I thought I better move on it quick before wifey changed her mind and I went with the 14. Oo--wifey hated that one. I loved it and I still do to this day.
me.14.jpg

2010, divorce final, picked up a brand new 08 Hayabusa to see what I was missing out on. Still own and love that bike to this day too.
sold.jpg

So what's next? Probably keep building on what I have. I've already spent more that what the 14 cost me doing basic mods on that bike. I'm sure I'll do the same on the busa. I'd say turbo and that's my bike for life. The S1000RR almost got me a couple years ago. I'd like a really great 600. I have money now, but nothing has really grabbed me. I have other things to spend on now too.

02 600. It was a bike from Canada so no one had one like it. Thought it made it cool. I made myself believe it was faster also. Lol

View attachment 1629888
Canadian bikes are way faster. The air "up here" is cooler and thicker,motor makes more HP. :thumbsup:
The first water-cooled GSXR750 came to Canada before the other world markets...like the U.S. :poke:
Mine sported the "light-in-the-loafers" paint scheme...with all the colors of the rainbow. Heavy pig (Busa weight) 115 ponies...but I thought it was "The Dope"

wc750.jpg

Having owned 50-60 bikes over the years (not including,trail,trials,motoX,enduro) was definately fun. I used to wheelie most of the way to work and back on this...

sx 250.jpg

Never had anything really rare thou. I figured out early enough the hunt for parts could be brutal. I have friends that own(ed) old British,Italian,Russian,Chinese,German etc...but they seemed to always be "re-building" them or "I can't ride,waiting for parts." Don't get me wrong...I love just about all bikes and would own a museum/resto shop if I could. Bikes thou,for me,are to be ridden,then looked at.
What else have you owned there boyz,
Rubb.

puke.gif

My first bike was a 1970’s Suzuki jr50! When I was like 9-10yr old. Did ride anything else for 26 years, decided I wanted to ride, took my safety course on their supplied 250 rebel.
little redhead chick there on a grom mentioned her dream bike was a busa... I’d never heard of it, so I went to the dealership to check one out. Paid for it there on the spot that day and had my buddy come ride it home for me lol

E65F43E3-7BA9-49FA-81C9-469D697ADF51.jpeg

The KZ was an' animal.
Mariah...oh ya...butt...I'm in love with Taylor. Check out the front to back-side to side hip action ...:drool: try THIS then click here .
I've sent fan mail,including marriage proposals etc...
The restraining order I got hand delivered to my door made it pretty clear she wasn't interested.:confused:
Rubb.
That’s called playing hard to get broski, that’s what they do when they’re interested!!

As far as what I want to ride, my '16 Tuono. I want to ride that thing every day.
I always thought a V-4 config was way cool. You hear just drastic +'s and -'s about Aprilia. You've had no issues Red? Does it feel really light on its feet. They are really light aren't they,like 400 lbs.
Rubb.

Back