LOUD, I want to hear it loud! Advice needed!

If its got just tips on that blue one i bet that thing will scream once its tuned in for the free flowing exhaust, power commander wont change the sound but i bet she'll run a TON better

Yup, pretty sure someone already pointed this one out.

I had similar exhaust on mine before the turbo. Take a look in the end of the pipe and check for a baffle. On the pipes I had there was a bolt on the outside of the pipe threaded into the baffle on the inside. If I removed the bolt I could slip the baffle out of the pipe and run it just as straight pipe. Also may want to look at punching out the little cat on the y pipe. I'm not too sure about this one but I'm sure someone here could hit you up the pros and cons of that.

Hope everything works out for ya and :welcome:

I have the hot bodies on mine. they have a deep, loud sound that can be heard a mile away.

blue.jpg

Any shorty's will make it loud. The PC and tuning will have it run well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Very nice collection of toys you have there. Best of luck. I am sure you will get it all figured out.

I dont know why people thinks D&D's are so loud, I had slip-ons and they rumble, but not what i expected, no where near the roar the one on my 600 had.

Brocks Alein head would be my choice, and when i get some extra cash, my Yosh is out and Brocks is in:thumbsup:

We have a friend with D&D's and I can hear him, I kid you not, a mile away or more. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a ticket yet for exceeding some kind noise limit.

I don't know what he did to get them that loud if he did anything to them at all but they are by far the loudest ones I've ever heard.

the easy solution is to just swap fairings. :laugh: To determine if the sound is influenced by the pepboys exhaust tip you could simply swap the tip and see if it sounds the same. If not, then it could be related to engine config. Bigger engines sound different through the same exhaust systems. Even if it's just through a header. Same holds true for cam/head work. These things can influence the "sound" of the exhaust.

Thank everyone for the advice. Once I get this worked out I will post what I ended up doing.

Can anyone recommend a tuning shop in South Florida?

Got a Brock street megaphone for sale that's real loud without the baffle.
Check the classifieds if interested. :whistle:

We have a friend with D&D's and I can hear him, I kid you not, a mile away or more. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a ticket yet for exceeding some kind noise limit.

I don't know what he did to get them that loud if he did anything to them at all but they are by far the loudest ones I've ever heard.

I stand corrected.:bowdown:

Nice collection you got there looks like your very successful, hope it stays that way for you. I wish i could afford the 08 Z06 that i want but i cant. Hopefully you have a nice retirment saved up and can continue to prosper and live the life that most people dream of. I'm glad to see people do great in their life, I just hate the ones that dont respect lower class people and treat them like dirt. As far as the exhaust i would go with BROCK'S:thumbsup:

i'm in port saint lucie and know a few things busa...lmk if i can help..l8r, Bill. :cool:

Lubejobs, as for the tuning give Ray a call at Cycle Race Tek, Inc.
400-B Ansin Blvd
Hallandale, Fl 33009
Tel: 954-455-9665
Very good.

rather than a pc, you can reflash the pcm, that would actually benefit both bikes, you could control the nitrous with the stock pcm as well. you should do a review of the cf airbox that montgomery makes too. lol, none of the rest of us can afford that beautiful little piece of plastic

Jack from RCC sport bikes hooked me up. Everything will be here tomorrow. I will post pics once everything is installed. I got the Brocks 4-2-1 with chrome Alien head.
A power Commander which he was nice enough to program.
Thank I bought some I really don't need but looked cool on line. I got a new Chrome Stator cover with LED's, A chome Clutch cover with Lucite cover and LED's, billet clutch basket and pressure plate.

I need to stay off the computor!

Back