LOUD, I want to hear it loud! Advice needed!

Lubejobs42

Registered
I have 2 Hayabusas. The one I have about 18 months (red one) is VERY loud. It has a very deep, very loud sound. It gives you goose bumps when you rev it up. It has one short pipe on the right side.(not sure if it matters but it also has a poker commander under the seat. Supposedly the bike has other work but I don't know what.

The bike I just got (Blue one) has 2 pipes, one on each side. The pipe on the right side is longer then the one on the red bike. It does not have a power commander and I'm not sure if it has any performance work. It does have Nitrous that is functional.

What do I need to do to make the Blue bike sound like the red bike. Do I add a Power commander? What Pipe do I go with? The blue bike sounds OK until you start the red bike, then it sounds like a little biotch bike!

P1000089.jpg

P1000087.JPG

P1000090.jpg

P1000092.jpg

Is this guy 4 real ? 2 sweet Busa's and not a clue ?

The red one is 4 into 1- yes it will sound different then the stock 4 into 2 setup on the blue one. The tips are likely just that...tips - with no baffle.

It's the cheeseball exhaust tips you have on it. The red one has no exhaust. Are you one of those guys that constantly revs your bike to the limiter?

I can't believe you own those bikes and have no idea what to do with them.

It's the cheeseball exhaust tips you have on it. The red one has no exhaust. Are you one of those guys that constantly revs your bike to the limiter?

I can't believe you own those bikes and have no idea what to do with them.

I happen to be very fortunate and if i see something i like i buy it. Once I'm into it, I learn quickly! I professionally race offshore powerboats. I can tell you anything you want to know about Lamborghini's, race boats and currently hold the world speed record for a pleasure boat. I have had bikes for years but not Busas. I saw the first one and loved it and bought it on the spot. Saw the blue one on Ebay and immediately bought that.

I do NOT rev the bikes like a moron. I hate that. I do however like them loud.
I am not familiar with which exhaust is the best to go with.

If I don't have enough knowledge about "what I have", that is why I'm here.
I assure you, I will know lots about these bikes, it will just take some time.

Here are some of my other toys. Hopefully this will bring me some credibility.

My Cars and bikes pictures by Lubejobs - Photobucket

- MTI Mercedes Benz Powerboat 193MPH[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this guy 4 real ? 2 sweet Busa's and not a clue ?

The red one is 4 into 1- yes it will sound different then the stock 4 into 2 setup on the blue one. The tips are likely just that...tips - with no baffle.

Thank you! Which is the best 4 into 1?
D&D??

Dont worry bout the hatters ^^:whistle:

Anyway... The power commander wont make much of a difference for sound, it adjust air/fuel for different exhaust systems, full(header included or just slip-ons which is muffler only.)

Does the red bike have a capped exhaust on the other side? If so, cap the the one off on the blue bike, Im assuming they both have stock headers.
Look inside the fairing where the exhaust exits the motor, are there springs pulling the pipes to the motor? If so on either, this would indicate they're aftermarket headers and would effect the sound.
Id look into Brock's Alien head sysetms for good healthy roar and it wont cover up the shiny bits, they're pretty small.

Thank you! Which is the best 4 into 1?
D&D??

I dont know why people thinks D&D's are so loud, I had slip-ons and they rumble, but not what i expected, no where near the roar the one on my 600 had.

Brocks Alein head would be my choice, and when i get some extra cash, my Yosh is out and Brocks is in:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice collection Lubejob ! Like I said, if you've only got the one outlet or tip on the red, and one on each side of the blue. My guess, and its just a guess- is the red has a 4 into 1 pipe of some sort on it and the blue has the stock pipe on it with the factory midpipes modded to use the tips.

4 into 1 exhaust to me always seems louder. Hope this helps.

Look into the ends of the tips of the blue bike. Are they just a hollow shell, just a straight through piece of pipe? Or do they have some wall thickness, about a half inch or so? If they aren't just pipe, they have a small baffle in them, slightly reduceing noise. Switch the tips to the straight through pipe style, they are available and look the same. This will make it sound almost as loud as the red one.
If they are straight pipe and you want the exact same sound as the red bike, you need to buy an aftermarket header for a single side exhaust, and just put a straight through tip on it too. Most any aftermarket headers for a single muffler will sound about the same with no muffler on it. Such as Yoshimura, Brock's, Muzzy, Akrapovic, ect. ect.
It's an easy fix, and you can be happy going deaf on them both:laugh: Any bike shop can swap tips in 2 minutes, and a header swap should be done in less than an hour.

Adding mufflers and using a full D&D or Alien head exhaust is NOT going to make it louder!
They are very loud for a full exhaust with a muffler, but neither of your bikes have mufflers(maybe the blue one has baffled tips), you'll just change the tone and quite it down a little. Alien heads sound awesome, but doesn't seem to be what you're after.

Did someone say Brocks? Ive got some original Brocks/Hindle slipons and they sound great !
You cant go wrong with Brocks stuff.

bikepics 005.jpg

Did someone say Brocks? Ive got some original Brocks/Hindle slipons and they sound great !
You cant go wrong with Brocks stuff.

They look great, and I know they sound that way too. Still, he likes LOUD.
A loud muffler(like an Alien Head) sounds better than straight pipe to me...but, that's just me. And a quiet bike is nice for sneaking around and dropping outta sight:laugh:

Last edited:
Well now that I know your a decent human, I'm open to help if I can.

Since your exhaust now flows some decent air without mufflers and midpipes, you should have a Power commander. I would download a map from Dynojet's website. Or better yet, have your bike tuned. This will help in a few different areas. It will get you the most HP your bike can give and will smooth out the throttle response. Busas have a tendency to have an on/off throttle feel with generic downloadable fuelmaps. A good dyno guy can also let you know other aspects of what your bike is doing and if there's possible problems.

If it was me I would get the pipes you want then have it dynotuned.

Back