My youngest son wants to learn to ride

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
He's 16 and mildly autistic. He's in all regular classes and was an A/B student last year but still has some social challenges that are mostly passed off by those that don't know him as him being shy. Diana (HRHDi) and I have always supported him in being self-sufficient but this is a big step.

We have a 50cc Yamaha Vino scooter that he wants to learn to ride and is already talking about where he should park in the high school lot. I need to see if I have a helmet and gloves that will fit him. My jackets are WAY to big for him but if we are going to do this we are going to do it right, ATGATT.

Once I get him comfortable with the scooter, I will need find a riding school for him that will work with him and his special needs. If anyone knows of anything like this in the DFW area, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan

What size helmet and Jacket do you need Dan?
Good on him and You for looking at this and moving forward. Again says a lot about you and Di.

Awesome Dan. Sounds like you are on the right track, wish I could be of some help.

What size helmet and Jacket do you need Dan?
Good on him and You for looking at this and moving forward. Again says a lot about you and Di.

Thanks brother. I'll have to take him to cycle gear to try stuff on and get back to you. He's about 5'6" and 100lbs soaking wet.

We are still waiting to hear back on the last set of tests and have had to push out the other appointments another week.

sounds like a fantastic way to channel good activity. good on ya

Back