This is Why I Don't and NEVER Will Carve Corners Again.....

GNBRETT

Registered
so sick of seeing ppl text and drive every day smh! and now these 3 little girls lose their life as a result. dumb biitch! imagine her striking YOU on ur bike head on!!!! think it can't happen to you? yea ok.....:whistle:

I stay on divided highway with PHYSICAL barriers as often as I can. but on two lane highways with no physical divider I see bikers hugging the double yellow ASSuming someone like this idiot won't cross over and smash into them. I guess they think their cool or somthn.... its usually HD riders but nonetheless it DUMB!

Driver was on Facebook before crash that killed three, say cops - CNET

Dumb. And tragic at the same time. No different than a drunk driver. This will only stop when constant texting and Facebook become uncool.

I dont believe that it would be hard to interlock these devices when the car is in motion, but I'm sure money and politics will never allow something of that nature.

They could do it, but there's nothing preventing you from flashing a rom that has the feature disabled (or compiling it yourself).

And if you're doing something custom like that, you could also add an emergency wipe device button in case someone catches you murdering a group of people.

Fortunately the cell towers log whats going on, so they usually use that to prove phone activity.

It's less clear if there are multiple people in the car though, as you can claim someone else was using your phone as you drive.

Yesterday coming home for work I was driving my F250 and was in the center lane. The right lane is right turn only and separated from the rest by a painted median about 3 feet wide. People often run up in the right lane and try to cut in to center because their time is sooo much more important than everyone else's. Normally, I let them in if they signal, a rarity in New Mexico. She's driving down the painted median while fiddling with her cell phone and is slowly drifting over to center. No signal at all so I lay the horn and she nearly jumps out of her seat. I have no problem communicating with my horn and I do it often. I didn't let her in, road rage I admit, but she pissed me off.

I see more people than not using their phones when driving. Most of the commercials on TV are pointed at teenagers but I see just as many adults. I would like to see some sort of task force dedicated to searching out and ticketing these drivers. I would also like to see a Federal Law making cell phone use without hands free devices a primary offense punishable by very stiff penalties, maybe a 500 dollar fine to start with and revocation of drivers license for a second offense.

It's really getting scary out there.

we have the law already in Ontario for at least a couple of years, people just hide the phone near cops.

It does make them a bit more aware since there is a law on the books and they do ticket driving with cellphone( not hands free)

BB

1 in 5 accidents these days is attributed to texting. imo that number is low but hard to really say cause who is really going to admit that they were texting wen they crashed unless cell phone records indicate u were in a texting conversation at the time of the accident.

Someone spilling oil on the roads (intentionally)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont believe that it would be hard to interlock these devices when the car is in motion, but I'm sure money and politics will never allow something of that nature.

And what about the passengers? Kids in back can't surf the net while you drive?
Not money and politics, just physics. Impossible to block the driver from accessing things and not the rest of the people in the car.

And what about the passengers? Kids in back can't surf the net while you drive?
Not money and politics, just physics. Impossible to block the driver from accessing things and not the rest of the people in the car.
good point Saiid. as obvious as that is I nvr even thought of that.

it should be consecutive sentences...10 yrs for 3 lives is little more than the average violent burglary / mugging.
Those charges etc are a joke...no wonder they reckon the new laws in some states are having no affect
Ok she didn't knowingly kill them but how dumb do you need to be to drive whilst sedated in a car with worn out tyres and on the phone without thinking you might not be paying attention to the main task of driving.

You have enough evidence to press the police into an investigation in my opinion. Without even considering the danger involved for drivers, what about dumping oil on the street just because its littering and toxic?

We had a similar situation about 10 years ago, perhaps longer on SR 74 west of Lake Elsinore CA.

Back