This is why I detest unions!

I have a big complaint with UPS also.

Why don't they hire more of these?? :laugh:

211-upsgirl.jpg

i belong to a union and i couldn't agree with you more. there are always a handful of azzholes like him that ruin it for the body. unfortunately, as you mentioned, his union will not fire him but merely reprimand him which would probably result in a written letter of apology. sorry for your poor experience with this guy and i know anyone whom had lost there job in this country would perform a he11 of alot better than that "slug". it's a shame you can't pick and choose your employees to eliminate the "trash" within the system. ???

Mike1180 , what are you doing with Ted Powers UPS girl? no respect around here I tell ya... :poke: :laugh:

You're talking about pissing off the Teamsters Union???? Back in my day that was NOT a good idea. :whistle:

I hear the unions have a bunch of those license plate frames left over too if anyones interested.. the ones that read "out of a job yet? keep buying foreign?" :whistle:

last time i checked....my honda was built in the good old USA, by good old american citizens and w/o union labor...

I don't know guys and gals. Usually union members such as plumbers like local 1 here in NYC and other construction/labor unions make really good money with bennies. It seems to me non union employers dont want to pay,so why would I want to work for them. As for your problem. If a new driver showed up to my place later than usual. I would have nicely explained to him what the usual time was and for how long it been that way while I was holding in his site a Benjiman Franklin. His response may have been different. Money for me when it comes to business usually works. For some reason people listen to it. Just my two cents.

Tipping someone for a good job is appropriate. If they are screwing up they get nothing execept the paycheck they are stealing. Whatever happened to having pride in your work and doing your very best. Earning a paycheck! I think that is what the unions have taken away. There should be a nice medium. A way the Corp and the Union can work together, but they are usually too busy trying to sc... each other over and the hard working people in the middle are the ones that get the worst of it.

To the hard working American, keep up the good work. It is much appreciated by us little people!! :beerchug:

unions in theory are a great thing. the problem is that while protecting hard workers they also protect the bad apples. the answer to this problem is not to eliminate unions but rather clean house of the screw offs. as with anything else it only takes a few to ruin a good thing. weed them out!
Posted via Mobile Device

Just call a supervisor. Tell him this is the second time and you've had it. It WILL get fixed.

I would have nicely explained to him what the usual time was and for how long it been that way while I was holding in his site a Benjiman Franklin. His response may have been different. Money for me when it comes to business usually works. For some reason people listen to it. Just my two cents.

Wow, seriously? Bribe him?

Well, I think it's resolved through the chain of command, but I have not received confirmation yet. My rep has been a bit slow to reply with the final results of my complaints, but the normal driver has been here every day since, so I don't know if anything has really resolved itself, or perhaps I just haven't had the opportunity to see it.

last time i checked....my honda was built in the good old USA, by good old american citizens and w/o union labor...

and you are correct.

Actually that $100 is the best idea yet. Money talks. How much is all this complaining and wining costing you, your time, your effort. It may sting to bribe him like that, but then again you may get him to drop off your overnights AND ground at 9am too. Best suggestion yet IMO.

and you are correct.

Actually that $100 is the best idea yet. Money talks. How much is all this complaining and wining costing you, your time, your effort. It may sting to bribe him like that, but then again you may get him to drop off your overnights AND ground at 9am too. Best suggestion yet IMO.

This morning I had service performed on my washer,dryer and TV.
I called in for service because the washer started making a strange noise like a bearing was going. The TV and dryer just needed their (free) yearly maintenance as it was included with the extended warranty plan I bought for all 3 appliances. Guy comes for the washer and dryer and ask me if I'm having any trouble with the dryer. I tell him no. He continues then to diagnose and repair the washer that needed a new water pump. He cleans out the dryer exhaust duct and is done. Now. This is no bs. He tells me he all done and picks up his tool box. I tell him I must get one of those long thin brushes to clean out the lint trap where the filter goes in cause it's a real pain in the a@s to clean all the way inside of it. I give him a 20 and tell him "thank you","this is for lunch". He then puts down the box and re opens it. Takes off the top and front panel of the dryer that hold the whole drum up. Removes the lint trap assembly. brings it outside,cleans it then reinstall it. Shakes my hand and tell me to have a nice day.Goes out to his truck and bring back a brand new brush and says "here ya go,for you". No doubt about it. This guy was leaving before I gave him the 20. Yes... Money does talk.

Back