This is why I detest unions!

Invite a FedEx rep over for a chat, then let your UPS rep know that they stopped by. Take this chance to discuss your issues with the UPS rep. If they don't care enough to get it fixed, then they don't deserve your business anyway.

Not sure what TV stations you get out there,but "8 on your side" did work for some issues.
Basically TV station Investigated issues customers had with businesses. Not saying you should go that route,but your own Video of this guy being an *ss towards it's customers delivered to be view by the right UPS guy might make it where you'll never see this guy again. Especially if sent with a letter of how a copy will be mailed to local TV station's and even on "You Tube". Be polite in the letter and such and it will go over better.

why dont you take up a collection from some of us and you can ups several box's of bricks all over back and forth, make them the max weight limit and size... your driver will be so worn out from all the lifting he will quit
:poke:

Ok..............1st off,sorry to hear your ups man is a scrub.not all of us ups drivers are like the one you describe,he is an embaressment! I would call-in a complaint and request am deliverys.can't believe they won't work with you! Secondly...unions built this country and made sure the common man is protected from the greed and coruption of corporate america.i'am paid well and worth every penny! Unions didn't mess-up the country....greed and poor decision makin from the powers that be did! Does anyone believe the union messed-up gm & chrysler.poor quality and products,bad decision makin and greed doomed the big3.i can go on and on,but i've said my piece.again ...sorry your driver is a waste of space,but he doesn't represent the rest of us! Remember people come in good and bad....union or non-union! Hope your situation works out for the good......would hate to loose your bussiness to the compitision!

Rubbah's guess....yer at the end of his delivery route.

If you were at the beginning...say 9 am,then this wouldn't be an issue.

But,yer at the end of his day. He prolly lives near you,and yer his last stop.

PLUS, its hard to find someone these days who actually gives a fug.

RSD.

Ok..............1st off,sorry to hear your ups man is a scrub.not all of us ups drivers are like the one you describe,he is an embaressment! I would call-in a complaint and request am deliverys.can't believe they won't work with you! Secondly...unions built this country and made sure the common man is protected from the greed and coruption of corporate america.i'am paid well and worth every penny! Unions didn't mess-up the country....greed and poor decision makin from the powers that be did! Does anyone believe the union messed-up gm & chrysler.poor quality and products,bad decision makin and greed doomed the big3.i can go on and on,but i've said my piece.again ...sorry your driver is a waste of space,but he doesn't represent the rest of us! Remember people come in good and bad....union or non-union! Hope your situation works out for the good......would hate to loose your bussiness to the compitision!

hey, dogg! Dang it bro, if you're representing, you may think about using correct spelling and punctuation! jk (well, not really...:whistle:) :beerchug:

once apon a time...the labor force was abused, and unions were needed to protect them from big business....today unions protect the lazy, the stupid and the inept. sure most of you are good hard working individuals. the problem is that the bad apples take advantage of the system that makes it nearly impossible to fired.

todays unions are corrupt, and are a major reason why the auto industry cannot compete in the global market...

you want to argue this...look up "jobs bank" a program designed to slow the automation of assembly lines by forcing GM to pay out of work employees thier regular wages for doing nothing....

toyota and honda seem to do just fine w/o union labor....

Unions were worth something. I have witnessed the "value of the union" personally. Good people getting screwed by greedy union managers and board members. Getting paid $2/per day for striking for 3 months. The union got paid to a huge settlement to end the strike. The workers got NOTHING. It took the employees that stayed over 8 years to earn back the lost wages. They renewed the contract twice during that time.

One good friend was on strike during the Boeing strike last year. With the pay and benefits increase it will take him almost 11 years to recover the lost wages.

The best advice was already given... Write that letter! I know its not the quick fix your looking for but you said yourself, that your really stuck with this company as your software needs are better met. Historically the folks answering the phones IMOP won't help you get your problem solved, but a letter should and will. Keep us posted as to the outcome of your plight.. Oh, one last thing! Unions don't protect lazy workers, Lazy/inept mgrs do!

Thanks to all for your ideas. I think the letter is my next step if my local center does not resolve this promptly. It's odd how the route suerpvisors and sales reps seem helpless when it comes to issues like this.

As for unions, I do hope that nobody thinks I am being critical of them (the workers) personally. While I can understand how some would enjoy the protection that unions provide, I will assume these are hard working individuals (especially if they're posting here.) So you guys likely use the unions the proper way, to protect your rights. But when a company is afraid to fire an employees because their union is too powerful, I think that's a major statement.

Union workers do the work. The company managers make the decisions. How is the unions fault if the company fails? I still have not grasped that concept yet. Employee wages have never taken a company out. All cases had to do with poor an lazy management.
That is poor and lazy management that is willing to risk loosing you as a customer by not reassingning him or taking you off his route. That has nothing to do with the union. I do feel your pain bro, but all the fault can't go to the union. UPS still run their business.

UPS still run their business.

I don't want to get into a debate over this, but ask yourself how this can be true when the result of a company standing their ground is a 3 week strike? Unions are extremely powerful, and it is during negotiation time that you see that muscle flexed. If a company does not bend to their will, they walk off the job. UPS is at the mercy of the Union, while the unions are at the mercy of their members. There is no mutual threat of destruction. A union will have no trouble allowing its members to stay out on strike far beyond their ability to provide for their families as history has shown.

The UPS Strike

Without a doubt, I blame the driver first and foremost. But I blame the union on a broad scale, not because they caused me to receive poor service, but because they have intimidated UPS to the point where they are hesitant to fire a poorly performing employee based on the union requirements for termination. Any non-union shop would have terminated this guy years ago.

the argument that labor does the work andshould not be held responsable for bad management decisions works for unions as well....

its union leadership that protects the lazy, its union leadership that make financial decisions that the everyday worker has to suffer thru...

I would vote with my $$ but changing carriers may not resolve the issue.. as the problem is "inbound" that means that sir azzhat could just hold off delivery until 4:30 every day anyway..

I drove regional for FedEx Ground (FTW/TOL and FTW/COL) pulling doubles for about 2 years... is an amazing process regardless of carrier..

Good luck with the problem!

Back