...and this is why I sometimes don't care for..."some" people. WTF WTF WTF

Taking two spots with a brand new pickup truck is obnoxious but with a motorcycle???? That's just obscene!
Phone call senerio to Mythos:
"Hey mythos...my brother,have I told you lately that I love you?"

"No,you haven't."

"You see...my beloved Busa AKA "The Black Bastid" just got totaled in a parking lot...and I was wondering if you could maybe shoot me a couple bucks....till payday...I'll get ya back...no worries."

"Sure Rubb,you know I love ya,how much you need?"

"Seventy grand."

*click*

"Mythos...Mythos my brother..you there?"

Rubb.

Insurance Blows.
Yup.

I've never carried more than liability on any vehicle in the last 15 years or so. Unless you're accident prone, you might as well save the insurance premium you would have spent and fix it yourself if there's damage. I'd be afraid to claim most minor things because they will be keeping a record of how accident prone you are and they might raise your premium. Then you have no choice but to go to liability and now it costs as much as full coverage.

Knock on wood, I'm ahead of the insurance/damage game for not carrying full coverage and not reporting accidents. I only have the liability because they will haul you into jail in most states in the US if you don't hae any insurance. The only time I'd go with full coverage is with a brand new vehicle for the first year. If you're likely to have accidents, accept the reality you will have to fix your own vehicle because you can't expect the insurance company to keep paying. They'd be stupid to offer you low cost full coverage with a history of frequent accidents. I never trusted insurance. Go with liability for ten years and you buy a new bike if you had no accidents to pay for yourself. Pay for full coverage, you just bought that bike twice and if you're like me, you won't report any but the most severe accidents anyway. Thank god I never have had a severe accident since I was 17.

Some people see paying for insurance they don't ever use as an investment in that vehicle. I see it more as the house always wins so cut your losses as much as possible.

Last edited:
Yup.

I've never carried more than liability on any vehicle in the last 15 years or so. Unless you're accident prone, you might as well save the insurance premium you would have spent and fix it yourself if there's damage. I'd be afraid to claim most minor things because they will be keeping a record of how accident prone you are and they might raise your premium. Then you have no choice but to go to liability and now it costs as much as full coverage.

Knock on wood, I'm ahead of the insurance/damage game for not carrying full coverage and not reporting accidents. I only have the liability because they will haul you into jail in most states in the US if you don't hae any insurance. The only time I'd go with full coverage is with a brand new vehicle for the first year. If you're likely to have accidents, accept the reality you will have to fix your own vehicle because you can't expect the insurance company to keep paying. They'd be stupid to offer you low cost full coverage with a history of frequent accidents. I never trusted insurance. Go with liability for ten years and you buy a new bike if you had no accidents to pay for yourself. Pay for full coverage, you just bought that bike twice and if you're like me, you won't report any but the most severe accidents anyway. Thank god I never have had a severe accident since I was 17.

Some people see paying for insurance they don't ever use as an investment in that vehicle. I see it more as the house always wins so cut your losses as much as possible.
Total agreement Bro. Unfortunately,its not me I have to worry about.
That $1,200 I pay per year...that's with the maximum amount of safe driving discount. (I never get caught speeding,etc/no accidents)
I get a 43% discount on the basic mandatory premium,knoc king it down to $1200
Picture this...Yer a young driver aged 16-25...thats a hit.
Multiple drivers (same household) on same vehicle...hit.
Business use...hit.
Accidents/tickets/etc...hit.
CC's of bike...0-399 CC,that's the base.
400cc-749...hit
749-1199...another hit
The big boyz...me...1200CC and over...yup,big hit.
Rubb.

Not married...hit.

@rubbersidedown the only thing we have going for us is we are old and have no accidents or tickets in the last 5 years. Sooner or later the age thing starts working against us. ...hit.

Life's a gamble no matter how you look at it. It's all just a matter of how much risk you're willing to take. Some sleep well knowing there's no risk involved in accidents that are most likely to happen.

...on the other hand, there's always some risk involved the accidents that are least likely to happen. Most of us don't have insurance to cover all of those.

...we can die or get sued by someone though. Life's a risk. How much insurance can you afford to cover your death or you causing someone else's death? If it worries you, don't do it. Self preservation rules!

...TRY not to do it. By definition, an accident is something you didn't think was ever going to happen. ...otherwise you wouldn't have done it.

...we can die or get sued by someone though. Life's a risk. How much insurance can you afford to cover your death or you causing someone else's death? If it worries you, don't do it. Self preservation rules!
I die or get veggie-sized...my kids are millionaires.
Somebody sues me...they get 2 mill. They get awarded any more than that,I move to a nice non-extradition country. I got it all figured out. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Back