Thinking About A Second Bike?

I have no rationale for it but If I were a single man I would have one of these.
norton-commando-961-02.jpg

My next bike will be another gsxr1k.
My all time favorite street bike.
Best all around 1000s ever.
Best mix of comfort, handling, power everywhere, lightweight, cheap used, tough engines, ect.
There's a reason there's the "gixxer thousand" hype.
Are there faster, "better" bikes with more gadgets and hp? Sure.
But dollar for dollar, any model gsxr1k in decent shape is hard to beat.
If I had the money I'de have one as a streetbike, a stunt bike, and a track/road course bike. But one works well as all three.

Can you hear that V-twin sound yet Six...???:poke:
2019-ftr-1200s-promo.jpg

That's my next bike!! (unless anyone has a compelling argument for the Superduke!)

I rode them both and I admit it's like splitting hairs. The SD is awesome. It's a matter of personal preference and riding style. The Tuono fits me like a perfect glove and oh man does it perform. Riding it feels like what I always pictured motorcycling should be.

My next bike will be an RSV4. At some point, I want a Concours for daily.

Waiting for Red's reply to this with a picture of his stable....
yes with you there Medic Aprillia RSV4 or the naked truno with same motor detuned for less HP but more usable TQ everywhere.

yes with you there Medic Aprillia RSV4 or the naked truno with same motor detuned for less HP but more usable TQ everywhere.

Not a dan of the Tuono myself. My second bike will either be an 848 Evo, RSV4, or a new gen R1. I'm really leaning towards the R1.

1busa...better hurry, lolView attachment 1586230

Funny thing I just stopped @ the Dealership over the weekend and talked with a sales rep. Didn’t put a deposit down but left my contact info. I have to sit on it and see if it gives me the warm & fuzzies. Last time I put a deposit on a bike I was utterly disappointed. Didn’t like the way it looked or felt in person.

Supposedly KTM is dropping their 790 Adventure R in the spring as well. This bike has also caught my attention and they are similar in price. On the plus side this shop sells Indians and KTM’s so I’m in luck
DCCD1A12-FE76-401F-9640-7791198A566B.jpeg

Funny thing I just stopped @ the Dealership over the weekend and talked with a sales rep. Didn’t put a deposit down but left my contact info. I have to sit on it and see if it gives me the warm & fuzzies. Last time I put a deposit on a bike I was utterly disappointed. Didn’t like the way it looked or felt in person.

Supposedly KTM is dropping their 790 Adventure R in the spring as well. This bike has also caught my attention and they are similar in price. On the plus side this shop sells Indians and KTM’s so I’m in luck
View attachment 1588476

The Indian looks like a fun toy, but that KTM looks alot more useable, I like it.

Back