Not a Good Starter Bike, What about a second bike!

Feature

Registered
Ok, so right now I ride an SV650S 03...Great bike, I have a lot of fun on it...Actually I have two, because a friend crashed one up a bit, and so its sitting in my garage waiting to be fixed...In the meantime I bought another one, since my friend is making my monthlies on the first...

ANYWAYS...The Busa is the bike I want...Ever since I saw it...

I wasn't crazy enough (or rich enough) to buy it for my first bike...But I was thinking seriously about trading an SV in towards it next summer, around July...At that point I'll have had about a year's worth of experience, and at the rate I'm riding now, I think I should have a little over 10000 miles under me.  I won't get it if it's still too soon...But man, I really have my heart set on that bike...So I'm gonna get it someday...

Anyways, do you think it's still too soon to be looking at the Busa?  If I don't get it, I am probably going to go with the Gixxer 750...But at that point I'll be spending so much money, that I'd rather cough up the extra cash for my dream bike...

Advice please? :)

After 10,000 miles on a bike i'ld feel confident in buying a busa. By then you should have mastered the basic skills and gained the confidence to handle a busa.. So for now enjoy the ride and gain the skills!

Depends a lot on you; How do you ride, wheelies in and out of traffic etc. If you are a very aggressive rider, I would say **no** on the Busa, with 1 year experience. If you are level headed and mature (not age) you should be fine. It is not just the bike but the rider. Any bike can be dangerous, the Busa just takes you to further limits.

Feature,
In my opinion, it sounds like you should be ready for the 'busa this summer.  If you apply the same wisdom and common sense that you have shown in buying a good starter bike to learning to ride the 'busa ,then you should be fine.  I say go for it!  The hayabusa is really fast and powerful and can get you into trouble, but it is also very stable and consistant so long as you respect it and ride within your abilities.
Keep us posted and Good Luck!

Feature,
In my opinion, it sounds like you should be ready for the 'busa this summer.  If you apply the same wisdom and common sense that you have shown in buying a good starter bike to learning to ride the 'busa ,then you should be fine.  I say go for it!  The hayabusa is really fast and powerful and can get you into trouble, but it is also very stable and consistant so long as you respect it and ride within your abilities.
Keep us posted and Good Luck!
Welcome to the board
I agree with the above. Just like they said know your abilities and stay within them. I rode a 600 for two years, put over 30,000 miles on it then bought the Busa. I forgot to stay within my limits on night and got in too deep. I missed the turn but not the tree. I only had about 1200 miles on it when I almost totaled it and I broke my right leg in four places. When you twist the throttle on this thing it pulls like nothing else and it does know when YOU are in to deep. That is up to you. Now with 13505 miles on it I still take it easy and have managed to freak myself out more then once. :eek: Just take it easy and you will be fine.

Yeah, I think the Busa can be a real decent second bike. I mean it's pig slow, heavy, to big really to be useful...so you should be fine! :eek:

OK OK, seriously though, the Busa Rocks, it pulls like nothing I have ever ridden and never stops pulling...It's a kitten below about 5K and freaky beast when you put the spurs to it... Respect the power, and size, grow into a little bit and you'll be just fine. Just one thing, never ever ride a bike, this one in particular if your heads not in it, it would be really easy to jack yourself up on the Busa if your not paying attention...

It's my second bike. I had a Ducati 750 for 14 months and 11000kms. It was like swapping from a FIAT PUNTO to a FERRARI... :D

You'd know better than any of us when yer ready, but I know I'd be comfortable with it for a second.......ya just gotta take it easy and respect the power........rock on dude.

Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :beerchug:

The busa was my second bike. I had my first bike for two years and put about 25000 on it. I have had my busa for almost a year and have put 10000 miles on it and have loved very mile. The weight and the power was the biggest adjustment for me. I just started slow and built up. Good luck in your discussion.

Thanks a lot, I think that by that time I will be ready for it...But I'll know for sure when I get there...Hopefully I can afford it...

Back