Thinking About A Second Bike?

Ham

Registered
I have always liked the second Generation Gsxr-1000 and i am looking to purchase one for next season. To add to the addition. Whats you guys takes on the subject.

Tb3

Registered
No clue about the gsxr's, but nevertheless it's always nice having a second or back-up bike in the stable. I have 2 cruisers, and 2 sport cruisers at my disposal and it's nice 2 be able to know I can ride off to the wild blue yonder whenever I feel the need to, even if one is down for maintance

Rivercop UK

Registered
Ive got 3 bikes .. The Busa for fast fun, a MZ Baghira 660 for back-road scratching and a KX250 for off road.

Personally I wouldn't have two bikes that do the same thing - ie: Sports bikes. One will always be not as good as the Busa.

Boomer07

Registered
While I tend to agree with Rivercop, I ride my buddy's ZX10 on a very regular basis and it is such a different experience than the Busa that I could easily see where two sport bikes would have their place in my garage.

Mathewrussell52

Registered
Every bike has a purpose. But you own a busa not a Harley. Unless your doing major upgrades you don't need a spare. But we are human and things we do do not have to be rational. You want it and can afford it get it. I will always have a spot saved for my first love if I ever find her.

IMG_5695.JPG

Reactions: Ham

Ham

Registered
While I tend to agree with Rivercop, I ride my buddy's ZX10 on a very regular basis and it is such a different experience than the Busa that I could easily see where two sport bikes would have their place in my garage.
I do like the boulevard m109 but don't know much about them.

Boomer07

Registered
I dig those too, they look pretty cool. My problem is that I get bored pretty quick on a ride, so any bike I own has to be able to keep me interested. Therefore I doubt I would be able to just cruise around. A super moto, or ADV would be fun.... I'm no hooligan, but power, agility and/or a thrill is mandatory on two wheels.

Getn off

Registered
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
That is my second bike... The M109R. The perfect two bikes, if u only need two. Big loud cruiser for milling about, and the bus for trips or mile burning. I will say, I am buying my buddies R1 and R6. The 1 for a track bike, and the 6 just because he needs to unload it and I'm getting a deal. Will keep that around for friends that might want to leave their cruiser at home for a day.
But for 2 bikes, u can't go wrong with a bus and a 9.
Btw, the 9 is no joke. Mild bolt ons and she has 110/108. Almost too torqy to enjoy a smooth ride!
Troy

Ham

Registered
View attachment 402314 View attachment 402315 That is my second bike... The M109R. The perfect two bikes, if u only need two. Big loud cruiser for milling about, and the bus for trips or mile burning. I will say, I am buying my buddies R1 and R6. The 1 for a track bike, and the 6 just because he needs to unload it and I'm getting a deal. Will keep that around for friends that might want to leave their cruiser at home for a day.
Btw, the 9 is no joke. Mild bolt ons and she has 110/108. Almost too torqy to enjoy a smooth ride!
Troy
Nice my buddy has a 9, i thought he added a fat tire. I didn't know they came with a 240 tire.

Ham

Registered
View attachment 402314 View attachment 402315 That is my second bike... The M109R. The perfect two bikes, if u only need two. Big loud cruiser for milling about, and the bus for trips or mile burning. I will say, I am buying my buddies R1 and R6. The 1 for a track bike, and the 6 just because he needs to unload it and I'm getting a deal. Will keep that around for friends that might want to leave their cruiser at home for a day.
Troy
Does the m109 have a chain or a belt

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
My next bike will be another gsxr1k.
My all time favorite street bike.
Best all around 1000s ever.
Best mix of comfort, handling, power everywhere, lightweight, cheap used, tough engines, ect.
There's a reason there's the "gixxer thousand" hype.
Are there faster, "better" bikes with more gadgets and hp? Sure.
But dollar for dollar, any model gsxr1k in decent shape is hard to beat.
If I had the money I'de have one as a streetbike, a stunt bike, and a track/road course bike. But one works well as all three.

RedBusarider

Registered
Well it's your money and your life - but I have to agree with others, that if you really want another bike it would be
better to have 2 that were different than 2 that were almost the same.

The way you posted - you wanted opinions on this subject - maybe not the results you wanted IF you had your
heart set on the bike you mentioned.

I like both my bikes and don't plan on giving up either of them anytime soon.

They each are great to ride but different too.

Good luck with what every you decide to get - and please post pictures of your 2nd bike when you get it.

P1040265A_zps8jhzdqfi.jpg

2016%20overall_zpsapcy5cmf.jpg

Tony Nitrous

Registered
I'm running 5 big bore naked Suzuki's.

Some folk question why I have "5 the same"
To me they are very different.
Mates who have ridden them, or with me, agree.

There's a few more I still want,
I've had trail bikes, sports, tourers etc. They are OK, but don't suit me.
King slaughters the GSX1400 at the drags. 14 is a joy to tour with.
Naked Busa is aggressive and the Bandit a laugh to clown about on,
Old Skool ET is just classic muscle that makes you work hard.

They are only the same to folk who don't appreciate them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
da busa guy thinking about a second bike, opinions General Bike Related Topics 27
groran1000 Thinking about getting a trike General Bike Related Topics 6
rubbersidedown A thread I started got me thinking about vehicle names Random Thoughts 37
Dopey New tool im thinking of adding to the box General Bike Related Topics 2
Stilslo Thinking about coming back General Bike Related Topics 17
bird1300 Thinking about a modular helmet Riding Gear 52
AJAY Crappy Winter Weather Meanderings, Thinking About A Concours, Talk Some Sense Into Me General Bike Related Topics 26
Mikew777 Thinking About Stretching.... Gen II Busa Information 17
H What Are They Thinking??? Random Thoughts 14
WuzzaCBXRider Thinking About Getting One Random Thoughts 15
mitchluv1 Thinking Of Trading (no Bashing) General Bike Related Topics 27
Ham Thinking About A Stretch Gen II Busa Information 18
gurrera Just Thinking ... Random Thoughts 3
M What am I not thinking of? Turbo 23
F Thinking about purchasing, any thoughts on this bike? General Bike Related Topics 18
InfiniteReality Thinking About Dipping The Bike... Need Color Opinions General Bike Related Topics 18
E Zurcher Thinking about a VMAX General Bike Related Topics 10
keene757 What the hell was he thinking?!?!?!?! Random Thoughts 6
PandaNin I'm thinking target fixation? General Bike Related Topics 10
Blrry Hot rainy summer ride - thinking I need a new type of glove! Riding Gear 3
B Thinking about buying a busa need some input. General Bike Related Topics 11
groran1000 Thinking of moving to California-Questions on Ca. m/c laws General Bike Related Topics 35
SKINN Thinking about BigRod brought me back General Bike Related Topics 8
asub2006 Thinking of Can Am Spyder...Diagnosed with vertigo Random Thoughts 18
Z Thinking about new bike... New Owners Forum 3
H I am thinking to install a carbon front fender Gen II Busa Information 13
steve_fla Thinking about upgrading to gen 2 General Bike Related Topics 8
Chango I'm thinking I heard top end motor tapping while getting on it! General Bike Related Topics 14
R Thinking about a 2013 Fjr1300 General Bike Related Topics 22
gurrera what were thay thinking Random Thoughts 8
S Busa for sale nearby, I'm thinking about buying... General Bike Related Topics 15
banditzx10 thinking of changing velocity stacks help needed Gen II Busa Information 1
N Thinking of getting rid of my Busa and B King General Bike Related Topics 2
skydivr What the #(*$ was my daughter's school thinking? Random Thoughts 15
oeballer50 Thinking about selling General Bike Related Topics 5
M Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Users... its time for me to upgrade my cell, thinking note 3 Random Thoughts 7
rubbersidedown I was thinking a little raffle might be cool... Random Thoughts 20
captain Thinking of my friends. Random Thoughts 20
Jza Warning to those thinking of getting the ECU programmed Gen II Busa Information 25
Pecan Pouch Thinking about getting a Honda. Random Thoughts 6
mimic Thinking of pulling the trigger on a stage 2 TTS. Need info Super Chargers 2
coreywiley Thinking about getting the Airtech +6 street tail Random Thoughts 55
C Thinking about getting back on a busa... its been 6 years General Bike Related Topics 11
newman Thinking of getting a new bike. General Bike Related Topics 10
R Bruce's Sportsman Double joke got me thinking.... Random Thoughts 4
GMbusa Thinking of buying another Busa. General Bike Related Topics 8
GsxrBots Thinking of turning off the computer for a year.... Random Thoughts 38
JohnnyDangerous Thinking of buying this Busa Mods 11
Blanca BusaLess In regard to the ones thinking about vasectomy Random Thoughts 21
Dan Thinking about a 2012 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP General Bike Related Topics 8