Thinking About A Second Bike?

Ham

Registered
I have always liked the second Generation Gsxr-1000 and i am looking to purchase one for next season. To add to the addition. Whats you guys takes on the subject.

No clue about the gsxr's, but nevertheless it's always nice having a second or back-up bike in the stable. I have 2 cruisers, and 2 sport cruisers at my disposal and it's nice 2 be able to know I can ride off to the wild blue yonder whenever I feel the need to, even if one is down for maintance

Ive got 3 bikes .. The Busa for fast fun, a MZ Baghira 660 for back-road scratching and a KX250 for off road.

Personally I wouldn't have two bikes that do the same thing - ie: Sports bikes. One will always be not as good as the Busa.

While I tend to agree with Rivercop, I ride my buddy's ZX10 on a very regular basis and it is such a different experience than the Busa that I could easily see where two sport bikes would have their place in my garage.

Every bike has a purpose. But you own a busa not a Harley. Unless your doing major upgrades you don't need a spare. But we are human and things we do do not have to be rational. You want it and can afford it get it. I will always have a spot saved for my first love if I ever find her.

IMG_5695.JPG

Reactions: Ham
While I tend to agree with Rivercop, I ride my buddy's ZX10 on a very regular basis and it is such a different experience than the Busa that I could easily see where two sport bikes would have their place in my garage.
I do like the boulevard m109 but don't know much about them.

I dig those too, they look pretty cool. My problem is that I get bored pretty quick on a ride, so any bike I own has to be able to keep me interested. Therefore I doubt I would be able to just cruise around. A super moto, or ADV would be fun.... I'm no hooligan, but power, agility and/or a thrill is mandatory on two wheels.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
That is my second bike... The M109R. The perfect two bikes, if u only need two. Big loud cruiser for milling about, and the bus for trips or mile burning. I will say, I am buying my buddies R1 and R6. The 1 for a track bike, and the 6 just because he needs to unload it and I'm getting a deal. Will keep that around for friends that might want to leave their cruiser at home for a day.
But for 2 bikes, u can't go wrong with a bus and a 9.
Btw, the 9 is no joke. Mild bolt ons and she has 110/108. Almost too torqy to enjoy a smooth ride!
Troy

View attachment 402314 View attachment 402315 That is my second bike... The M109R. The perfect two bikes, if u only need two. Big loud cruiser for milling about, and the bus for trips or mile burning. I will say, I am buying my buddies R1 and R6. The 1 for a track bike, and the 6 just because he needs to unload it and I'm getting a deal. Will keep that around for friends that might want to leave their cruiser at home for a day.
Btw, the 9 is no joke. Mild bolt ons and she has 110/108. Almost too torqy to enjoy a smooth ride!
Troy
Nice my buddy has a 9, i thought he added a fat tire. I didn't know they came with a 240 tire.

View attachment 402314 View attachment 402315 That is my second bike... The M109R. The perfect two bikes, if u only need two. Big loud cruiser for milling about, and the bus for trips or mile burning. I will say, I am buying my buddies R1 and R6. The 1 for a track bike, and the 6 just because he needs to unload it and I'm getting a deal. Will keep that around for friends that might want to leave their cruiser at home for a day.
Troy
Does the m109 have a chain or a belt

My next bike will be another gsxr1k.
My all time favorite street bike.
Best all around 1000s ever.
Best mix of comfort, handling, power everywhere, lightweight, cheap used, tough engines, ect.
There's a reason there's the "gixxer thousand" hype.
Are there faster, "better" bikes with more gadgets and hp? Sure.
But dollar for dollar, any model gsxr1k in decent shape is hard to beat.
If I had the money I'de have one as a streetbike, a stunt bike, and a track/road course bike. But one works well as all three.

Well it's your money and your life - but I have to agree with others, that if you really want another bike it would be
better to have 2 that were different than 2 that were almost the same.

The way you posted - you wanted opinions on this subject - maybe not the results you wanted IF you had your
heart set on the bike you mentioned.

I like both my bikes and don't plan on giving up either of them anytime soon.

They each are great to ride but different too.

Good luck with what every you decide to get - and please post pictures of your 2nd bike when you get it.

P1040265A_zps8jhzdqfi.jpg

2016%20overall_zpsapcy5cmf.jpg

I'm running 5 big bore naked Suzuki's.

Some folk question why I have "5 the same"
To me they are very different.
Mates who have ridden them, or with me, agree.

There's a few more I still want,
I've had trail bikes, sports, tourers etc. They are OK, but don't suit me.
King slaughters the GSX1400 at the drags. 14 is a joy to tour with.
Naked Busa is aggressive and the Bandit a laugh to clown about on,
Old Skool ET is just classic muscle that makes you work hard.

They are only the same to folk who don't appreciate them.

Back