new bike need all your opinions

The Fletch

Registered
So i think i am going to get a new gsxr 1000, the blk and orange one. What do you guys think of the bike this year (performance wise) because the dealer i am going to has an 06 for alot cheaper.

Nice bike nothing wrong with it . Depends on you ..Just remember a quick twist of the wrist and unpepared = sitting on arse and bike going down the road without you
pirate.gif

Either one would be nice. Get the one you can afford.

There are some enhancements on the new one but the 06 is probably just as good, really. Bet you can get a great deal on one at this point!

--Wag--

Great bike and color scheme.

I watched it pull away from the R1s the other day.

DSC04417.jpg

Beautiful bike, man. Very beautiful.

--Wag--

I would pick based on color.
If your custom painting anyway, go with the 07 as you must
have the money to throw in the fireplace
firedevil.gif

07' seems to have a touch more potential, twin cans make it easier to go single or stay twin, the 3 mode bar mounted map switch has something going on also, and the color choice... I like that blk/orange.

If you buy the '07, in '08 it'll be a little bit behind in performance. Same with the '06 vs. the '07. I'd buy the '06 and save the money to buy your helmet, jacket, or some performance items. That is, unless you HAVE to have that orange-and-black '07.

But congrats on whatever you buy, 'cause it's going to be a good choice!

(The Fletch @ Mar. 10 2007,07:42) So i think i am going to get a new gsxr 1000, the blk and orange one. What do you guys think of the bike this year (performance wise) because the dealer i am going to has an 06 for alot cheaper.
I personally like the look of the '06 more. I don't like the change they made to the headlight and I prefer the single exhaust. Both petty details so I guess it'll depend on how much is "alot cheaper".

Oh and as far as the performance. Assuming you are an average rider like most of us here, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the 2.

Go for the 07! I love that orange and black paint scheme Man! The pipes are easy to deal with. Hell Ben Spies ran nearly as fast on his Supestock 07 than anybody else did on full blown Superbikes! That thing will be the one to beat this year!
beerchug.gif

i cant get over how cheap the mid pipes look on the new 07's... i know one of the first things people buy for their bike is exhaust but still... you would think they would have dressed it up a bit... the exhaust just looks cheap... getting passed that it is a nice looking bike. I'm no fan of orange but the 07 blk/orng is a nice looking bike in person! The reviews say to keep that throttle hand in check on setting A of the 3 power settings cause if your not careful the bike will put you down in a heartbeat!

Back