thinkin of gettin my bus low

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
I think i'm gonna drop my ride 2" in front and 1" in the rear.

First off what issues if any has anyone had with gettin their bike on a bike jack with it bein lowered as well as any other general issues?

Second, how do i verify my drop in the front? I was gonna just get a new triple clamp n bring the forks through it like is most common but was thinking of how i'd make sure I didn't go too far

hey i have a black lowering tripple like new just laying around let me know if your interested just pm me
i told a few others 85 shipped

Not to sure on the busa bottoming out to damage past the headers to effect the oil pan. Bike would have to come down hard to do that sort of damage.

Lowering the bike does effect handling. Best to get a new kickstand also. Adjustable is a good choice. Can be found for $99+.

As far as the how to... There are many posts on that subject.

*Tip "search" uses 3 words.

Have fun and Good Luck.

i wasn't talkin bout it bottoming out, i was talkin bout it bein an issue with it bein lower n not bein able to get it on the motorcycle jack

i wouldnt think youd have a prob. with the jack only dropping 1 and 2. your corner handling will change though.

Stands that lift from the triple tree will be almost impossible to use. If they lift from the forks no problem.

i wasn't talkin bout it bottoming out, i was talkin bout it bein an issue with it bein lower n not bein able to get it on the motorcycle jack
my bike is lowered and i have no issues with putting it on the jacks. I love the stance of a lowered Busa
ThumbsUp.gif

mine is lowered 2" in front and 1.5" in back and I love it. I think it handles better in the turns as well. the only time it bottomed out was when I first had it done and i was pulling into my driveway and forgot it was lowered and I scraped the bottom of my fairings.

my_bike_4_001__Small_.jpg

But if you drop it, then you'll want to stretch it, then you'll have a "turd".  
laugh.gif

poke.gif
oh,no you didnt???
laugh.gif

the guys who say its a "turd" just dont know,im slammed front and back and I mean slammed,brocks fully adjustable lowering links(low as possible) and the nose is about 1/2" off front fender....important to get your suspension set up right or you'll be buying undertails every week

IMG_1402.jpg

laugh.gif

stock shock (black coil) upgraded shock (blue coil) think you can see the difference,it makes all the difference in the world when you slam you bike,it's a "have to""

new_shock.jpg

Back