Ok...so i'm thinkin of somethin new

Hi, I've researched some on shark helmet too, first top of the line is "bongo" but since its french product and chin guard is too high (some people like that style) to see the low part of the vision. Is my first ques and accessory on the parts are not available... sheilds and etc.
So, I come down to x-11 or spec 1r I'm still thinkin...
"Bongo"?  Sorry...don't think I quite understood what you were sayin.

If you're lookin for somethin about the X-11 or the Spec1-R, they both flow air really well. Cool designs, too...but I think Suomy edges out the Shoei in that regard.

Both have great quality. I've wrecked in a lower-end model Shoei, and it held up fine. I'd use 'em again. I havenb't heard anything bad about the Suomy, so I wouldn't have any probs trusting them either.

Hope this helps ya.
wink.gif
Bongo is the top of the line model of shark helmet...but the chin guard is bit too high for me...
cool.gif

hmm....I don't think I've heard of OGK. Interesting. Thanks for the link.

I'm a little wary, though. Are these safe?
Both snell and DOT approved. But thankfully have not wrecked in mine ;-). ONe big draw back is the top vent is made of some thin plastic. So it can crack with very little contact with anything. But I do like mine alot. Nice and light plus has inbetween size padding so you can fit the padding for better fit.

I just took the Shark out again, it was in the high 60's low 70's. It vented really well, never got hot even though the temps were cool. I was cruising at 60-65 mph today with a little crosswind, helmet stayed glued to my head with no movement. I said before that the side pads were a little thin, but today they felt really good. Also, the helmet presses your cheeks together. You may want to try one on because I like the feeling (makes it tight and secure), but it could be uncomfortable to others.

hmm....I don't think I've heard of OGK. Interesting. Thanks for the link.

I'm a little wary, though. Are these safe?
Both snell and DOT approved. But thankfully have not wrecked in mine ;-). ONe big draw back is the top vent is made of some thin plastic. So it can crack with very little contact with anything. But I do like mine alot. Nice and light plus has inbetween size padding so you can fit the padding for better fit.
hmm....

I'll look into it more...but I think I may have come up with a decision.

I just took the Shark out again, it was in the high 60's low 70's.  It vented really well, never got hot even though the temps were cool.  I was cruising at 60-65 mph today with a little crosswind, helmet stayed glued to my head with no movement.  I said before that the side pads were a little thin, but today they felt really good.  Also, the helmet presses your cheeks together.  You may want to try one on because I like the feeling (makes it tight and secure), but it could be uncomfortable to others.
Aaah...I see.

I'm still tossin up the decision between the Shark and something else.

Kinda finding it hard to justify spending $730 on one, though.

Darn helmets...why they hafta be so expensive?

Holy crap didn't realize it was that expensive. To throw in my opinion, I would probably just go with a $350 shoei, Arai, or Suomy but whatever you want. Just remember to post some pics of the final pick.

WOW.... I now know way too much about helmets! I think I am going to forget all abouth this thread and just go buy another Shoei... maybe the X-Eleven Kayagama TC-5!
tounge.gif

Back