BT gettin' it in GEAR! ;-)

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
First things first, I gotta give props to NewEnough.com and FedEx on gettin' my jacket to me in ONE day. I ordered yesterday morning and upgraded shipping to FedEx 2nd Day so it would come in tomorrow, which is when my boots are supposed to be here. Well, it made it today! Happy Birthday to me!!!
super.gif

Anyway, I thought I'd give my first impression of the FirstGear MeshTex 2 (Also known as "HyperTex") and drop a couple pics (of course).
wink.gif

After rippin' into the box like a three year old on Christmas morning I find a REALLY nice jacket inside! As I've said in other threads, I've tried on Joe Rocket stuff at local dealers. Well, I like the look and feel of the tighter woven mesh MUCH better than the looser weave of the JR mesh jackets. Garment quality and workmanship looks TOP NOTCH as well.

Ok, time to try it on... fingers crossed... I have to say that it fits just a tiny bit more snug at the waist than the JR jackets I've tried on in the same size. If I hadn't started my fitness program and lost a little already I don't think I could have zipped it up. At my current size I can zip it with the waist adjustment let all the way out but it's on the verge of bein' a little snug. Everywhere else it fits excellent, it's only in the waist that it's close. Doesn't matter because in another week or two it'll be loose there.
wink.gif

As for vetilation, I can feel the breeze comin' through it outside and can feel air comin' through when I'm walkin'. Should be very comfortable and as cool as anything could be when ridin' with it on. Or course that's with the liner taken out. With the liner in it was gettin' a bit hot during my little photo session.
drooling3.gif
Once the liner was out I was a little warm, but not uncomfortable. Feels like the liner really works.
wink.gif

Yeah, I know, shut up and post the pics, BT...
wink.gif

Full shot of the jacket with jeans. Didn't have a belt on and my jeans, which are gettin' looser by the day it seems, were saggin' a bit. Overlook the slouchy droopin' pants.
biggrin.gif

firstgear.jpg

wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

And a closer shot to show more detail of the jacket... Ignore the ugly mug in this one!
drooling3.gif

firstgear2.jpg

Hope you are pleased with the jacket, BT! Glad it arrived early and you will be set when your boots arrive tomorrow! And by the way, Happy Birthday! Think we all managed to miss that little fact. Sorry about that!
beerchug.gif

NewEnough.com was great for me too...I bought some Teknic boots from them, had questions about returning them if they didn't fit, and got all the answers I needed...can't say enough about their service...

The coat looks good, but it looks like it would be hot...I just can't see the mesh very well I guess...I'm with you on the added protection though. I wear a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket and sometimes I wonder how much it will really help me if I do skid down the road...
rock.gif

Glad to see you're buying some gear BT!!! Now, get some gloves before Revlis comes after you...
tounge.gif

Is it really your birthday? I miss the "who's birthday is it today" link we used to have...
sad.gif

If so, have a great one!

Since the largest waist size adjustment is a bit smaller than with the JR line I'm hopin' that the smallest waist size achieveable is also a little smaller. That way I can stay in this jacket a little longer and lose a little more size before havin' to buy a smaller size than I would with a JR.

I'm very happy with the FirstGear MeshTex 2. I think that compared to the JR stuff I've tried on, the FirstGear is just a tad better garment. Worth the few extra $$ in my opinion!

Thanks again BigBS for bringin' this jacket to my attention!
beerchug.gif

Hope you are pleased with the jacket, BT!  Glad it arrived early and you will be set when your boots arrive tomorrow!  And by the way, Happy Birthday!  Think we all managed to miss that little fact.  Sorry about that!
beerchug.gif
I'm very happy with the jacket, BigBS. See the reply I was typin' when you posted this!
wink.gif

Oh, and thanks for the b'day wishes!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083270399 -->

VA, what kind of Teknic boots did you order? I ordered a pair of Freeway IIs and wasn't sure how they were supposed to fit. Just didn't feel right to me! Anyway, I called NewEnough.com and the lady was very helpful telling that I should try inserting an athletic insole and if that didn't work that I could send them back without question.

And a closer shot to show more detail of the jacket... Ignore the ugly mug in this one!
drooling3.gif
Great looking jacket there BT. I know you're going to enjoy the ICON SuperDuty boots just as much...if not...MORE! Only one thing bothers me about your jacket. Will you remove the damn tag please!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
Leaving your tag on is just like leaving reflectors on the Busa...
ices_rofl.gif

VA, what kind of Teknic boots did you order?  I ordered a pair of Freeway IIs and wasn't sure how they were supposed to fit.  Just didn't feel right to me!  Anyway, I called NewEnough.com and the lady was very helpful telling that I should try inserting an athletic insole and if that didn't work that I could send them back without question.
I got the Freeway boots too...problem for me is that they're for guys, so I bought the smallest size that they had and hoped for the best...

For the money, it's worth it to keep them, but I've noticed that they rub the back of my heel more than I'd like when I walk, and eventually it starts to hurt...

The gal at newenough told me the same thing about the inserts; I might still try that...

They're fine for riding, but hot as hell!!! I'll be looking for some other riding boots in the future...the problem is finding a large selection to choose from to just TRY on! If I could try several, I'd have a better idea of what's good and what's not...

Hey BT...we're both ARIES!  Must mean something...like you're really a dumb blonde that post whores?  No...kidding...
tounge.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

cool.gif

OOPS...NOPE...we're not both Aries...that explains why I can't read the horoscopes! Damn...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "showing my blondeness!"|1083270891 -->

tounge.gif

NewEnough.com was great for me too...I bought some Teknic boots from them, had questions about returning them if they didn't fit, and got all the answers I needed...can't say enough about their service...

The coat looks good, but it looks like it would be hot...I just can't see the mesh very well I guess...I'm with you on the added protection though.  I wear a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket and sometimes I wonder how much it will really help me if I do skid down the road...
rock.gif

Glad to see you're buying some gear BT!!!  Now, get some gloves before Revlis comes after you...
tounge.gif
Yeah, NewEnough.com is great!
beerchug.gif

Yeah, this jacket LOOKS hot and FEELS very thick but I can actually feel the breeze through it standin' on my back porch. Should ventilate VERY well while ridin' at speed!
wink.gif
I know that it ain't gonna protect like leather, but it beats the hell outta .org shirts... PROTECTION wise anway.
wink.gif

I've already got gloves. Got full gauntlet racin' gloves in fact. Teknic Violator Pros from NewEnough.com. Got 'em a LONG time ago, right after I got the busa. Rev actually posted a link to a NewEnough.com glove clearance and recommended the gloves I ended up gettin'.
wink.gif

Only thing that ain't "covered" (well, after my boots get here tomorrow...) now is pants. I ain't gonna mess with the mesh pants, I'm gonna try to slide by with jeans until I lose my weight. I know they won't protect much but they'll have to do for now.
wink.gif

And yes, my birthday was Tuesday. I'm 13 years old now... Finally a teenager! Wooohoooooo!
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

drooling3.gif
Great looking jacket there BT.  I know you're going to enjoy the ICON SuperDuty boots just as much...if not...MORE!  Only one thing bothers me about your jacket.  Will you remove the damn tag please!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
 Leaving your tag on is just like leaving reflectors on the Busa...
ices_rofl.gif
Thanks Brian. Lookin' forward to tryin' out the Super Duty boots... and the SIDI Carbons. Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, the tags are comin' off as soon as I get offline.
wink.gif

Dang! Just got a call from Dad's office! I think my boots are in TODAY! It's like friggin' Christmas in April!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Hope you are pleased with the jacket, BT!  Glad it arrived early and you will be set when your boots arrive tomorrow!  And by the way, Happy Birthday!  Think we all managed to miss that little fact.  Sorry about that!
beerchug.gif
I'm very happy with the jacket, BigBS. See the reply I was typin' when you posted this!
wink.gif

Oh, and thanks for the b'day wishes!
biggrin.gif
Meant to say happy birthday yesterday, but got busy after seeing your post and it slipped my mind. Sounds like it has been a good one!

Congrats on your new stuff BT, and Happy Birthday.  
smile.gif
Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Just one problem. The SIDI boots, although a little snug or maybe just stiff in the ankles until they break in, don't have the vents on top of the foot. After I ordered I looked at the pics on NewEnough.com's site and noticed that I couldn't see the foot top vents in the pics of the Carbons. I called back immediately and told them that I thought I needed to change my order because the Carbons didn't have the vents. The lady I spoke with said that the Carbons did have vents, they just weren't visible in the pics. Well, they DON'T have 'em. I'm not happy about that. I know NewEnough.com will take care of me, I just hate to go to the hassle and expense of shippin' them back to swap for the regular Vert 2 Air's.
sad.gif
Sweet boots though!
biggrin.gif

The Icon Super Dutys fit excellent with no problems or complaints whatsoever. I think they will make excellent ridin' boots for normal everyday ridin'.
super.gif

biggrin.gif

Back