Ok...so i'm thinkin of somethin new

Paul ... what size is your head? What size Shoei and Suomy do you wear ??
DJ...I wears me a large in both.
smile.gif

Paul,get yourself an X-11 and call it a day.:)
haha...yeah, bro. I should, huh? I have one on the way...but I also wanna try something new.

Yer helmet collecting habits are starting to rub off on me, bro. Heheh...I've had 5 helmets within the last year...

And I'm not even riding yet!!!
laugh.gif
I need help...lord knows what's gonna happen when I start riding again! lol...

I love my Vemar CF helmet!!  Its soo light.  
biggrin.gif

But be advised, its very noisey.  Definately not a touring helmet.

And the back is raised up, which I like because my old helmet used to get hung up on the collar of my jacket.  But since the Vemar back side is higher, it doesn't get hung up when I'm twisting my neck around in the twisties!!  
biggrin.gif
Hmmm.....sounds good. I was debating whether or not to plunk down the $$$ for one, but still tryin to convince myself that spending $900 on a helmet is ok.

I mean, hell....the HMF hi-mounts are runnin for $1100. That's only $200 more!

Ai yi-yai.

Forgto to mention the touring part. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if it was noisy. Haha...I live on an island, so unless I go around the damn thing about a 100 times, I don't think I come anywhere close to "touring". Well, not compared to what you guys back there do, at any rate.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144890475 -->

biggrin.gif

Arai...you just need the RIGHT Arai. What is your head shape? Is it round? Oval? Ellipsoid? I thought I would never have an Arai helmet since everything always seemed to be on the small side and pinched me at the temples...until I found the right helmet. In fact, I had been wearing cheap DOT only rated junk helmets because they were the only thing I could find in XXXL or XXXXL to fit my big pumpkin. What am I wearing now? Arai Astral-X...size XXL. It is very similar in fit to the Shoei RF1000 but with a slightly more round interior. Wouldn't trade it for the world...
Again, the Arai is something that I'd love to try, but I can't get my hands on them.
sad.gif

Head shape is a reverse egg. Guy at the sunglass outlet said I have a "pronounced jawline". Haha...I think the fugger just called me a meathead in a nice way.

The way you describe it, it sounds like an Arai might be a comfy helmet.
Sorry...but I just hafta say this...and please remember that this is JMPO...but...arai's sux...I'll never buy one again...for one simple reason that arai just refuses to address...the visor system sux...I'd just as soon gut a live cat with a nail file as swap out the visor on an arai helmet...they blow....outsdie of that?...they're a damn good lid...and therein lies the irony.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Hmm....I've heard that the visor system takes a bit of getting used to.

Is that small flaw enough to drive you away from an overall good helmet? Sounds like it really gave you a hard time.

Keep the replies coming, folks...I appreciate it.

I just got word on the shark helmets: I can get my hands on em for around $730!!!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

Damn.

No input on the AGV's?

wow.gif

wow.gif

well..stick your head in a copy machine..send your head shot to us in the States and will bill you later!

hogger...

(lol)

For more opinion, check out www.helmetharbor.com

They have a vast selection of helmets with detailed evaluations on fit and performance. When I lived in AZ these guys helped me out tremendously. These guys have helmet fitment cross-reference charts in thier brains. Tell them what helmet you know fits, they will tell you all the others that will also. Top notch outfit.

I regert to inform you that there is NO helmet made to fit that head! Period.

Cute little baby there PB.

hogger...

well gee...that's a shame. The shoei's fit pretty alright...although they can be somewhat tight on the jawline until I break them in. After I break them in, they're good.

The Suomy fit alright on the jaw line, but seemed to be a little snug on the forehead. I didn't get a chance to break it in.

Hmm....choices, choices. And thanks for the compliments on my son.
wink.gif

Hey Paul,, in one of your comments you said that Arai doesn't work for you?? Have gone to a dealer that stocks all of there helmets? Arai's come in 4 different shell shapes. I would reccommend that you try to find a good stocking dealer, that stock all of them!! Arai offers a bunch of different cheek pads that can be swapped out.
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

Hey Paul,, in one of your comments you said that Arai doesn't work for you?? Have gone to a dealer that stocks all of there helmets? Arai's come in 4 different shell shapes. I would reccommend that you try to find a good stocking dealer, that stock all of them!! Arai offers a bunch of different cheek pads that can be swapped out.
rock.gif
rock.gif
that would be sweet, but unfortunately for me, we don't have any Arai dealers here.
sad.gif

Pity, really. That Tommy Gun Rev has looks mighty nice.

rock.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif
that would be sweet, but unfortunately for me, we don't have any Arai dealers here.
sad.gif

Sounds like a good time for a road trip then. !!!!!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif
sad.gif

Sounds like a good time for a road trip then. !!!!!
tounge.gif

tounge.gif
haha...yeah, perhaps.

That's one HECK of a road trip, though.
wow.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

Interesting furry blankets aside, tell me more about it. I'd like to know.   Fit? Comfort levels? Buffeting? Neck position and fatigue (if applicable)? Visibility? Worksmanship?

Fit - Its very snug (but I do have larger than normal ears).  

Comfort - Its comfortable, though I think the sides need a little more padding.  Its pretty thin.

Buffeting - I am assuming this is for wind noise.  Because its so snug, it actually quiets it down.  One of the cool things is that this helmet comes with a cover under your chin that touches your neck.  So, no wind will come from under your helmet, its made from an expandable cloth and is very comfortable.

Neck Position/Visibility - The visor of the helmet actually provides a higher sight of vision than my ICON or HJC.  I can actually see about an inch higher with this helmet than my others so my neck position is better.

Fatique - None yet, other than some sore ears but it has only happened once.

Workmanship - The quality of the helmet is good.  The visor mechanism is awesome (the best I have yet seen) and the paint is very nice.  When I was looking at shark helmets, the salesman took the visor off of a helmet and bent it backwards on his knee, pretty much doing a 180 with a visor.  It went back to its original shape with no damage to the visor (Still clear as day), it no doubt impressed me.

<!--EDIT|Youkai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144898487 -->

hmm...very nice. Buffeting is actually any turbulence at speed. Does the helmet get jostled around when you're going a good clip?

I'm still eyeing the RSR, but wow if ain't expensive.

Might check this out too. The OGk that sold in US seem a bit plainer then ones in UK so will send ya a link for both. Not sure where ya wanna order from. But helm has great venting and the easiest shield change I have seen.

OGk UK

OGK US

I have the FF4 and love the helmet but flows a bit too much air for colder months

hmm....I don't think I've heard of OGK. Interesting. Thanks for the link.

I'm a little wary, though. Are these safe?

Back