The Pain!!!!

TruWrecks

Banned
I can't take the pain. I've been waiting for over a week, and I have another 1 1/2 weeks to go. March 9th is the date. Sorry, it's not another Busa. I would, but the wife will leave me if I brought another one home.
sad.gif

I'm getting an 07 FJR. Yes it's a Yamaha. I'll probably get banned for that statement.
wow.gif
It's a Yamaha FJR1300A! There I said it again.
laugh.gif

It's the only 'mostly' sportbike that doesn't give the wife bad vibes. I'm apparently drawn toward bad vibes. I did a test ride over a week ago. I was hooked. It's heavier than a Busa. That was immediately noticeable, but the ride is outstanging. It has a bit less torque than a Busa, but enough to get me thrown in jail. I will miss the endless torque. This FJR has really good torque, and I still have the Corvette to 'play hard' with.
tounge.gif

The picture don't do it justice.

So if I not kicked out yet, here's what it looks like (mine is still in the crate. This is the demo bike from the shop I'm getting mine through).

Yes I've gone to the Dark Side. I didn't even get a free cookie!

Sidebags on:

FJR_Sidebags_Small.jpg

Isnt that the one with the windshield that auto raises at high speeds? Looks good, thanks for the pics

(KanjiBusa @ Feb. 27 2007,00:41) Isnt that the one with the windshield that auto raises at high speeds? Looks good, thanks for the pics
It doesn't auto raise, but it does have a button to change the hight on the move. It feels very nimble on the road.

And mine will look better, because it will be mine.
wink.gif

(KanjiBusa @ Feb. 26 2007,19:41) Isnt that the one with the windshield that auto raises at high speeds? Looks good, thanks for the pics
Ranger 512  got one kept it about a month and traded it for a R6  . Says it hurt his arse .good looking bike in my opinion. And nothing wrong with yamaha . Im praying the lottory ferries send me a 08 R1 ....

(BusaSamurai @ Feb. 27 2007,00:46) Ranger 512 got one kept it about a month and traded it for a R6 . Says it hurt his arse .good looking bike in my opinion. And nothing wrong with yamaha . Im praying the lottory ferries send me a 08 R1 ....
The 07 has adjustable handlebars. They are about the same position as the Busa with heli-bars, but just a bit higher. The throttle tension is also quite high. That can be changed by removing one of the three return springs.

(TruWrecks @ Feb. 26 2007,19:50)
(BusaSamurai @ Feb. 27 2007,00:46) Ranger 512  got one kept it about a month and traded it for a R6  . Says it hurt his arse .good looking bike in my opinion. And nothing wrong with yamaha . Im praying the lottory ferries send me a 08 R1 ....
The 07 has adjustable handlebars.  They are about the same position as the Busa with heli-bars, but just a bit higher.  The throttle tension is also quite high.  That can be changed by removing one of the three return springs.
You have to understand ranger 512 he goes through bikes like i go through underwear ..Wont be long and the r6 will be history . Its a sweet ride and i like the color also..

Let us know if Yamaha has solved the HEAT  
firedevil.gif
problem going through the frame this summer. From what I have heard, some have real problems with the heat and some don't . But please keep us informed  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Feb. 27 2007,00:57) Let us know if Yamaha has solved the HEAT
firedevil.gif
problem going through the frame this summer. From what I have heard, some have real problems with the heat and some don't . But please keep us informed
beerchug.gif
Yes, they solved the heat issues. On the test ride it was a comfortable 54f. I ran the bike until it was up to operation temp, and rode it long enough to feel the heat off of the exhaust. The crotch cooker is no more the FJR.

I'm sure I will know more about the heat this summer, but it's already better than an 05 that I rode the same weekend. I could feel the heat from the tank for a few minutes after the ride.

The 07 also has much better steering response than previous years. It reminds me of the Busa in many ways.

You won't be disappointed! My buddy has an 05 FJR and he rides the snot out of it. Just that every time he takes it to the shop for service he gets raked! Incompetent mechanics!
I rode his bike just before I got my busa and It was real torquey and you could wheelie it with ease! The windshield was useless in any but its top position for me, but I hear that taller shields are a factory option now? My bud's 05 was a furnace in the summer though. He rides it to Eastern Washington in shorts and had to have his legs splayed open the whole way to stop from cooking his twig and berries!

I like that maroon color too. Nice change form the Silver and Blue.
beerchug.gif

Thanks DD.

Things have been near insane at work. 5 months of 70 to 100 hrs per week, and no overtime pay!
AAAssjani.gif

By the time I get the bike the weather should be better. I'm taking over a week of vacation time. Four days before I get the bike (to get the garage cleaned up), and six days from the day I pick it up (to go play).
biggrin.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Awesome Doug, im glad to see ya getting on 2 wheels again. I hope to ride with ya
sometime this year.  
beerchug.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

A buddy of mine had an '06 for a while, and yes, Yamaha fixed the heat problems with pre 06 models. If I remember right, the windshield was electrically adjustable too, and it was a pretty quick and comfortable two up platform as tourers go.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 27 2007,02:01) Congrats.

It looks like its missing a tail section with the bags off.
The shovel in the rear makes it look like that. That will be taken care of shortly after I get it. It comes with plugs to cover the frame hooks (with the bags removed).

I have a list of mods (or farkles as the FJR people call it) for the bike already. Sliders are the first. A Scorpio alarm is the second. I also have a HighSpeed Tech tail light, SportVue, and Blue Flame exhaust (coming soon).

cool.gif

(TruWrecks @ Feb. 26 2007,21:18)
(heavybusa @ Feb. 27 2007,02:01) Congrats.

It looks like its missing a tail section with the bags off.
The shovel in the rear makes it look like that. That will be taken care of shortly after I get it. It comes with plugs to cover the frame hooks (with the bags removed).

I have a list of mods (or farkles as the FJR people call it) for the bike already. Sliders are the first. A Scorpio alarm is the second. I also have a HighSpeed Tech tail light, SportVue, and Blue Flame exhaust (coming soon).

cool.gif
keep us posted

Back