Sad Sight...

08BusaKY

Registered
Well, I traded both of my bikes in on a 19 Yamaha FJR1300A which is on order. I should get it mid December. I test drove one and it has cruise, heated grips, shaft drive, traction control, electric windshield. It is also much cheaper on insurance. It only weighs 635lbs.

I did not like the color combo of my 18 Busa. Plus I had two similar bikes. I got 4k in cash back. The FJR1300A retails for 16,399.

I and am going to look at the 19 Busa when they come in. I really like the silver and red one. Depending on how I like the FJR and if it can satisfy my sport need and doesn't bore me like Harley's finally did I will think of getting a 19 Busa. Either as a second bike or trading my FJR for it.

The dealer said the 19 Busa's will not be in until January. That will give me time to see how I like the FJR. Anyways I am going to hang around here until I see. This is by far the best forum of any cycle forum I've been on.

Below they are picking up my bikes...

IMG_5502.JPG

Here is the FJR1300A that I ordered. It does not have the electronic suspension like the ES model.

WP.JPG

That's a big change, two hyper bikes for a sport tourer...I have heard nothing but stellar reviews on the FJR so it will serve you well I'm sure...

However, it IS a sad sight indeed.

Only 635lbs????

If you didn't like the color of your Busa, why did you buy it?
Because I thought it was going to be the last year of the GEN2. Also because he had it on the floor for a long time and gave me a great deal on it.

Compared to most touring bikes weigh much more. Like the Yamaha Eluder is around 900lbs. Harley 800 +. The FJR only weighs about 45 lbs more than a Busa with the luggage.

Long time FJR owner . Great bike , super quick , lay down 10.29 passes @ 129 mph , Looks good bagless but mark you tail cover plugs as easy to confuse top / bottom on your 1st time install . They are a bit more porkey than 635 , and quiet top heavy compared to the bird with the 6.6 Gallons in the tank ,but fuel range is 275 avg.
A 190/55/17 tire will make better turn in , and corrects the speedo being off a few mph over GPS .
If your doing two up you will find the rear spring is undersprung for weighted riding for real world size people . Put a Hagon on when the wife , and I two up drug the lower fairing around a long sweeping turn . We are only 148 , and 130 pounds at that time in 2012 . Removing the cats from the header reduces summer time felt heat ( welding required ) , and they are 15.1 ounces each time 4 in the system . Stock seat is not that good for serious distance , but ok for the 300 mile days . Anything more frequent like 500 to 700 days aftermarket is better . Saddleman was marginally better than stock on my bike .
Only let mine go because wife learned to ride , and no longer two up . Was not quiet fast enough for me 161 mph was its best in White Sands New Mexico after 50 pounds weight reduction PCV / Auto tune exhaust /
Valves were only off once a #4 exhaust @ 3000 miles all others in spec every 26,000 miles . Believe it was wrong shim at factory as it appears only FJR on forums to need a shim change ;)
Here are a few photos for you to ponder .

cats.jpg

muzzy3.jpg

noexahust.jpg

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

Well, I traded both of my bikes in on a 19 Yamaha FJR1300A which is on order. I should get it mid December. I test drove one and it has cruise, heated grips, shaft drive, traction control, electric windshield. It is also much cheaper on insurance. It only weighs 635lbs.

I did not like the color combo of my 18 Busa. Plus I had two similar bikes. I got 4k in cash back. The FJR1300A retails for 16,399.

I and am going to look at the 19 Busa when they come in. I really like the silver and red one. Depending on how I like the FJR and if it can satisfy my sport need and doesn't bore me like Harley's finally did I will think of getting a 19 Busa. Either as a second bike or trading my FJR for it.

The dealer said the 19 Busa's will not be in until January. That will give me time to see how I like the FJR. Anyways I am going to hang around here until I see. This is by far the best forum of any cycle forum I've been on.

Below they are picking up my bikes...

View attachment 1589120

Here is the FJR1300A that I ordered. It does not have the electronic suspension like the ES model.

View attachment 1589121
Hope you like the fjr! I considered that bike when looking for a spot touring machine, but settled for the concours (just liked the looks better). You don’t like buying low miles used bikes? I would hate to know how much you’ve lost on those three bikes. Not trying to get in your business though............

Easy come easy go hey that's life congrats on the FJR late next year I am considering selling my old Goldwing and KLR Not selling my busa yet still waiting for the gen3 :banghead: to buy a 2019 Mot Guzzi V85 which is being released here late next year it s going to be a sad day for me as well when I let the wing go as I have a lot of fond memories on that bike without any major issues I try to not get to attached to material things in this life but ? :thumbsup:

Back