Sad Sight...

Long time FJR owner . Great bike , super quick , lay down 10.29 passes @ 129 mph , Looks good bagless but mark you tail cover plugs as easy to confuse top / bottom on your 1st time install . They are a bit more porkey than 635 , and quiet top heavy compared to the bird with the 6.6 Gallons in the tank ,but fuel range is 275 avg.
A 190/55/17 tire will make better turn in , and corrects the speedo being off a few mph over GPS .
If your doing two up you will find the rear spring is undersprung for weighted riding for real world size people . Put a Hagon on when the wife , and I two up drug the lower fairing around a long sweeping turn . We are only 148 , and 130 pounds at that time in 2012 . Removing the cats from the header reduces summer time felt heat ( welding required ) , and they are 15.1 ounces each time 4 in the system . Stock seat is not that good for serious distance , but ok for the 300 mile days . Anything more frequent like 500 to 700 days aftermarket is better . Saddleman was marginally better than stock on my bike .
Only let mine go because wife learned to ride , and no longer two up . Was not quiet fast enough for me 161 mph was its best in White Sands New Mexico after 50 pounds weight reduction PCV / Auto tune exhaust /
Valves were only off once a #4 exhaust @ 3000 miles all others in spec every 26,000 miles . Believe it was wrong shim at factory as it appears only FJR on forums to need a shim change ;)
Here are a few photos for you to ponder .

View attachment 1589126
View attachment 1589127
View attachment 1589128
View attachment 1589129
View attachment 1589130
View attachment 1589131
View attachment 1589132
Thanks for the info. Although I am 6-1 I only weigh 165 these days. I only ride alone. The wife stopped riding about 5 years ago. She was freaked out on the freeway because the group we were riding with were going too fast.

The specs on the Yamaha website said 635lbs for the A model. Not sure if that was wet. I did have an 08 Kawi Concours. Also since I test drove one Yamaha sent me a coupon for two additional years of warranty that will bring it to 7 years.

I will see how it goes. I do a lot of winter riding so the windshield and heated grips will be nice. Also the cruise.

I have a feeling I will end up with another Busa even if it is a used one. I am going to try out the FJR first though.

Last edited:
Hope you like the fjr! I considered that bike when looking for a spot touring machine, but settled for the concours (just liked the looks better). You don’t like buying low miles used bikes? I would hate to know how much you’ve lost on those three bikes. Not trying to get in your business though............

I had an 08 Concours but like the FJR now days. I could have got a Concours cheaper. Yes I will lose some money but my fault for getting the ZX while I had a Busa. I should have got the FJR then and kept the Busa.

The 2019 FJR1300 retails for 16,399.00. He is giving it to me for 15,399. He gave me 9500 for the Busa and 10k for the ZX. I also got cash back. There were some other fees.

Damn!! Are you near Philadelphia at all? I think I saw your bike listed for that on craigslist and I was like nah gotta be fake listing so I never reached out. Kinda wanted to switch up my color and get a little newer. Good luck with the new one.

https://smd.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2018-hayabusa/6737711811.html

My 19 FJR came in but is being put together. I saw it and was surprised to see it is shipped with the front wheel off (below).

Someone in Indiana bought my 18 Busa. I wonder if they will be on this forum!
IMG_5626.JPG

My 19 FJR came in but is being put together. I saw it and was surprised to see it is shipped with the front wheel off (below).

View attachment 1589600

Alot of bikes are.
Friend of mine bought a new 2019 Honda 450L a couple months ago.
No front wheel installed makes the shipping container shorter, smaller, and cheaper.
IMG953329.jpg

Congrats on the new bike, but what kind of dealer hangs a bike from the triple tree with straps on a forklift to assemble the bike? That can't be the correct way to do that...

View attachment 1589600

Walking into a fork?
Yep just like this kinda. I was waking up to check on my guys and found them shimming a rear door on one of the LIRR trucks with a prybar to hold it in place. As I was explaining to them the dangers of their wrong methods the door shifted and the prybar flung out and went literally between my had and my safety glasses. But a fork from the fork lift would have a similar effect.

5110C107-B1E0-4A48-B6BB-D35D691B8EF5.jpeg

31A8D38B-FC1B-4D21-9627-6F1D33AF8DC8.jpeg

The 2019 FJR1300 retails for 16,399.00. He is giving it to me for 15,399. He gave me 9500 for the Busa and 10k for the ZX. I also got cash back. There were some other fees.
Wow that is amazing I paid $10,500 for my Busa brand new you got great money for yours on trade.
Congrats and good luck on the new bike. Stick around here as a “Busa alumn”

Congrats on the new bike, but what kind of dealer hangs a bike from the triple tree with straps on a forklift to assemble the bike? That can't be the correct way to do that...
I wondered about that myself. I talked to the tech that put it together. He said it was the first one he did. He had to install the instrument assembly, bleed brakes, front wheel cases and more...It was a 5 hour job.

Wow that is amazing I paid $10,500 for my Busa brand new you got great money for yours on trade.
Congrats and good luck on the new bike. Stick around here as a “Busa alumn”

I paid 13.000 OTD from the same dealer. He already sold it 10,999.

I am going to get some miles on this and see if I have a need for a Busa. I love the silver and red 19 but have been looking at cheap old ones. Weather permitting I should know by spring. So I will be hanging around. I have seen some GEN1's with 8k miles for $4500.

Back