Pain in the...legs?!

I am 48, 6'1" and 205 LBS
I never had any complaints, the busa has always been stock everything, fits me like a glove:thumbsup:
Some people, the Suzuki Hayabusa was just not meant for, its a mans bike.

Please forgive me if I sound like a "know it all" but I'm going to say this......motorcycle ergonomics are certainly part of this equasion BUT, do you exercise? Do you do leg presses, jog, bicycle, calf curls, Yoga? Is your nutrition good?
I don't know you or the shape you're in but I do know that, now that I'm in kick butt shape, I don't care what motorcycle I ride or where the footpegs are located, I can do it for many hours with full enjoyment. Censor me for being self focused....that would be missing this point. The better shape I get to, the more varied I can perform physical feats with strength, balance and comfort. That includes touring for hours with extreme rear sets, clip ons and a track seat, this is another catagory the motojournalists miss.....making your body capable to match the machinery! Raydog

You know... all that makes perfect sense. It also brought to mind a joke that maybe freelance moto-personals writer would be a good career choice, but I don't know you well enough to make jokes like that. So we'll just speak anecdotally if that's OK, because it sounds like you might be in better shape than me and I'd hate to have to start running at 35.

You know... all that makes perfect sense. It also brought to mind a joke that maybe freelance moto-personals writer would be a good career choice, but I don't know you well enough to make jokes like that. So we'll just speak anecdotally if that's OK, because it sounds like you might be in better shape than me and I'd hate to have to start running at 35.

You may open up on me anytime! I love being the brunt of good jokes....and often deserve it. Doyle

Im going to check my position tomarrow when I go to americade, its like 2 hours for me so it should be a good trial and error session. Maybe I can get the buell pegs and tobins there...lol Anyone going ??? If so let me sit on your bike, would love to see first hand how these feel. Thanks again for the input. Ill let yas know what I came up with. Hope to see some busa's there and hopefully some org peeps. Ride safe

Zach
i strained my back so i am out on riding for a few weeks but you are more than welcomed to shoot over to holyoke and feel out the pegs. i have a front and rear stand so you can get an exact comfort level. :whistle:

Schism, Ill definatley have to take you up on that. Ill Pm you when I can get out there. Thanks

I have massive leg problems on my BKing. I'm good for about an hour and then it is huge amounts of pain killers that allow me to continue. But, at 315lbs, I deserve what I get! I think being thin is a HUGE plus for 90% of the bikes made. I just rode for 3 hours and with 17.5/1000 Vicodin, I still couldn't take more than three hours. Good Luck with what you find for a fix. If I could find a way to increase the seat to peg distance by 4 inches, I'd pay $500 for it. Bikes are NOT made for comfort with long legs........:moon:

I have massive leg problems on my BKing. I'm good for about an hour and then it is huge amounts of pain killers that allow me to continue. But, at 315lbs, I deserve what I get! I think being thin is a HUGE plus for 90% of the bikes made. I just rode for 3 hours and with 17.5/1000 Vicodin, I still couldn't take more than three hours. Good Luck with what you find for a fix. If I could find a way to increase the seat to peg distance by 4 inches, I'd pay $500 for it. Bikes are NOT made for comfort with long legs........:moon:

Wait, hopefully I read this wrong. Did you just 'say' you rode for 3 hours on vicodin? Just askin; don't want to misunderstand your post.

Wait, hopefully I read this wrong. Did you just 'say' you rode for 3 hours on vicodin? Just askin; don't want to misunderstand your post.

Yup, 3 hours on vicodin. But, when you have enough pain, it is as if you didn't take any vicodin. It doesn't affect me like lots of other people. I'm just weird that way with pain killers and anesthesia drugs. Without the vicodin, I wouldn't be able to ride more than one hour.

Yup, 3 hours on vicodin. But, when you have enough pain, it is as if you didn't take any vicodin. It doesn't affect me like lots of other people. I'm just weird that way with pain killers and anesthesia drugs. Without the vicodin, I wouldn't be able to ride more than one hour.

I'm assuming, from your admitted long term use of it, that you know you can be arrested for DUI. not gonna go crazy....just sayin :rulez:

I too am 5'9" 155lbs. I have no problems at all with legs. I did put foot pegs off a gsxr on my bike but only because I like the way they look and feel.

i am on that stuff right now at a MUCH lower dose and i wouldn't touch my lawn mower. be careful with that stuff bro cause you can get in some serious trouble.

Dr House? :laugh:

I'm assuming, from your admitted long term use of it, that you know you can be arrested for DUI. not gonna go crazy....just sayin :rulez:

They would have no idea that it is even in my system. I only use it for riding, about 2 days a week. As a former cop, I don't worry about them......plus I still have a nice TSA badge to flash them! (Current job)

Back