The new gun ban proposal information

Well....here in the "Land of the North" we will soon be unable to own firearms...our federal government came out with an amendment to their overreaching firearm ban a couple years ago to include 400 additional firearms.

A freeze on handguns has already been implemented.

The firearm industry in Canada has come to an end.

What will be interesting is there is a Canadian content clause in replacing military and police firearms...if we no longer have a firearm industry here, where will our next generation service weapon come from I wonder?

Well....here in the "Land of the North" we will soon be unable to own firearms...our federal government came out with an amendment to their overreaching firearm ban a couple years ago to include 400 additional firearms.

What will be interesting is there is a Canadian content clause in replacing military and police firearms...if we no longer have a firearm industry here, where will our next generation service weapon come from I wonder?
Before you can control them
Before you can tell them what to do
Before you round them up
Before you eliminate dissenters
You must disarm them.
You’re almost there….

The only reason a government would want to disarm its citizens is if that government is planning something that the citizens would take up arms against.

Canada's only saviours against a total gun ban will be the First Nations people, I think. With hunting being a major part of their heritage and culture, the feds would be foolish to try to take that away.

Before you can control them
Before you can tell them what to do
Before you round them up
Before you eliminate dissenters
You must disarm them.
You’re almost there….
All the government has to do (and they are doing it) is to restrict the use of these firearms.

We can't sell them, buy them, trade them or leave them in wills, we can't take them to the range.

What we will end up having is millions of firearms sitting in cabinets.

All the government has to do (and they are doing it) is to restrict the use of these firearms.

We can't sell them, buy them, trade them or leave them in wills, we can't take them to the range.

What we will end up having is millions of firearms sitting in cabinets.
As soon as they stop the flow and limit the use (which they already have) it will be quite easy to convince the sheep there is no longer a need and turning them in is in their best interest. To which a large percentage of people will bend a knee, obey and turn them in.
You and I both know mandatory turn ins are coming your way.

As soon as they stop the flow and limit the use (which they already have) it will be quite easy to convince the sheep there is no longer a need and turning them in is in their best interest. To which a large percentage of people will bend a knee, obey and turn them in.
You and I both know mandatory turn ins are coming your way.
The problem they will have with a mandatory turn in is they don't know where all the firearms are....unless they do something like we did in Bosnia and cordon off a town and search door to door confiscating weapons, they will never get them.

If they actually do the proposed buy back program and if the amount is decent, I might take a couple and use that money on my bike or something...

History and tradition just might need ‘amending’.
I think this is a political landmine for Dems. The prohibition of semi-auto guns will energize the electorate against Dems like the abortion decision impacted Republicans. Dems are quick to point out that only 30 % of Americans own guns and 69% don't, so it would seem that the question of banning guns is clear. But of the 69% of Americans who don't own a gun, 36% would consider buying one. So the actual demographics are 30% own guns, 36% are NOT AGAINST GUN OWNERSHIP, and only 33% are for banning guns. Much more risky than the Dems seem to be realizing.

Gun ownership tends to mirror societal uncertainty (for example, the rush to buy weapons coming out of the COVID lockdowns). So I think you can't ban guns without checking general crime, white supremacist threats for civil war, and of course mass shootings. Banning the weapons people believe they need because the government can't provide protection is political suicide in my opinion.

If Dems are successful with gun bands and crime does not recede back to pre-COVID levels, there is going to be hell to pay; similar to the "defund the police" debacle. What the public is clearly saying, including many card-carrying NRA fanatics, is that we need a rational policy to keep guns out of the hands of idiots - but let us defend ourselves if need be.

I'm not sure the hard left will allow legislators to settle for a rational gun policy. They want blood since the Republicans went after abortion no matter how much political damage it did to their party. My feelings are with a rational gun policy, along with our society getting back to some marginal level of normalcy gun crimes will recede as they always have.

Last edited:

Hi. Even the police will not need guns anymore as I an sure that all the bad guys will step up and turn in there guns in. So no more crime so the police will not be needing guns anymore.

So you think Canada is on the brink of nazi germany?

My question was for the poster above mine from Blanca.

Without the ability to defend themselves and say NO who knows what Canada is on the brink of?
The ONLY reason a govt any govt ever wanted to disarm its populace is because they fear them and have bad intentions.
Do you honestly believe banning guns or forcing people to turn them in reduces crime? Of course it doesn’t.
9895A7C4-BA2D-4DC0-A553-28CA095A1132.jpeg

Without the ability to defend themselves and say NO who knows what Canada is on the brink of?
The ONLY reason a govt any govt ever wanted to disarm its populace is because they fear them and have bad intentions.
Do you honestly believe banning guns or forcing people to turn them in reduces crime? Of course it doesn’t.
View attachment 1657899
We never had a carry law here nor a castle law so taking guns away won't change anything at how we can defend ourselves.

We can blame the "woke" of today as to why firearms are being banned. The "hippies" have taken over.

Hi. Even the police will not need guns anymore as I an sure that all the bad guys will step up and turn in there guns in. So no more crime so the police will not be needing guns anymore.
As long as criminals can still get guns from the US there will always be a need for the police to be armed.

Canada never had any carry or castle laws so the bad guys will carry on as per status quo.

We never had a carry law here nor a castle law so taking guns away won't change anything at how we can defend ourselves.
Keep telling yourself that and please report to the train station tomorrow to be relocated. It’s for your own good.
Remember during the pandemic both our Govts actually considered and discussed removing people from society who refused to cooperate. The word ‘camps’ was used by both.

I’m actually surprised it’s still online. That’s not conspiracy stuff. It’s right on the cdc site. ‘The shielding approach’. Who’s to say what their next reason may be for removing ‘high risk’ individuals from society? Who gets to say who is a ‘high risk’ person? Who would be able to refuse to go and who wouldn’t? After the last few years I’d trust Charles Manson with my safety more than I do my govt.

What will Trudeau use to protect himself when he meets a Bear in the woods ?

What's next ..................... Motorcycles ?
Don't worry about L'il Castreau, he's always surrounded by people carrying guns. It's the 'useless eaters' like you and I who shouldn't have them... "It's OK when we do it!" is the mantra of the Liberal.

View attachment 1657899

”Without the ability to defend themselves and say NO who knows what Canada is on the brink of?”

That‘s a helluva conclusion (speculation at its worst) to reach since the Canadian government hasn’t shown any propensity to shiite on the populace.

“The ONLY reason a govt any govt ever wanted to disarm its populace is because they fear them and have bad intentions.”

That‘s obviously NOT the only reason, as they’re NOT trying to disarm the populace. Except for your wild speculation, could the reason to cut back on firearms be an attempt to reign in the number of firearm related deaths?

”Do you honestly believe banning guns or forcing people to turn them in reduces crime? Of course it doesn’t.”

You‘re answering your own question which shows you don’t really want an answer from me or anyone else but for the record, no I don’t. I own several long guns and handguns and I just bought another as you might recall.

And what does listing Castro, Mao, Hitler and Stalin (you forgot Pol Pot) accomplish? They were all murderous SOBs. Are you actually comparing the Canadian leader to them? Let me answer my own question for you. Of course you aren’t. Are you? If not, then why compare what Canada is trying to do with what those murderous bastards did?

Back