Question for the pro gun ban people.

It's obvious which posters live in the big cities and which in the country if people actually believe that criminals still won't get guns if they are "banned" :laugh:

and how is that been working out for us so far considering we have more guns then any other civilized country on Earth and more gun violence then any other civilized nation on Earth? so you would call that a success????

I answered "I understand the logic". Did not say I agreed or disagreed.

I agree that we have alot more gun violence than we should. But overall the level of violence is about the same when compared to other civilized countries (The other countries use a different tool).

Check the statistics for China, Australia, England. Yes, Gun violence is down. But violent crime statistics stay the same or go up.

The day we had the Sandy Hook Shooting (May God bless the families) here in America, there was a luney person in China with a knife, there was (I am not sure how many) 20-22 people injured/killed. That luney person had just a knife.

The day of the Sandy Hook shooting there was also no AR-15..

Figure that out..

The day of the Sandy Hook shooting there was also no AR-15..

Figure that out..

I have watched alot of the videos, and read alot of the independent write ups on this topic.
The videos seem to show a long gun, but I don't believe its an AR15. The write ups seem to back this up.
And I haven't seen/heard any news oranization trying to disprove that this isn't true.

It does make a person think.???

There is zero chance of that rifle that was in the trunk being an AR15. Anyone who knows anything about firearms should know that. They were operating a side handle which the AR has none..

I really shouldn't even say this.... Well, I typed it out and deleted it. Let's just say an AR15 was used in Sandy Hook just like an Airplane was used at the Pentagon...

There is zero chance of that rifle that was in the trunk being an AR15. Anyone who knows anything about firearms should know that. They were operating a side handle which the AR has none..

Agreed,

Years of experience with the M16A1, A2, and numerous AR15's

I answered "I understand the logic". Did not say I agreed or disagreed.

I agree that we have alot more gun violence than we should. But overall the level of violence is about the same when compared to other civilized countries (The other countries use a different tool).

Check the statistics for China, Australia, England. Yes, Gun violence is down. But violent crime statistics stay the same or go up.

The day we had the Sandy Hook Shooting (May God bless the families) here in America, there was a luney person in China with a knife, there was (I am not sure how many) 20-22 people injured/killed. That luney person had just a knife.
well of course one can commit a crime with a knife but I cant recall anyone participating in a drive-by with a knife. and with a knife you have to be within a couple feet of someone to cause harm.

crime statistics are not MURDER statistics. MURDER means ur DEAD forever and statistically MURDER takes place with guns not knives.

and a bullet will penetrate glass from a few feet away or a leather jacket or a car door or a house door. are we to believe that there are thousands of knife weilding experts out there that are going to throw a knife at someone from 25 feet away? not likely.

and the luney person from China did not MURDER 28 people in a classroom so that's hardly an fair comparison. im not saying knive attacks cant be brutal. they certainly can but criminals use GUNS to commit crimes not KNIVES on average.

knives are readily available to any criminal here in the USA so why are they not using knives to commit most violent crimes vs. GUNS? pretty simple, with a gun you cannot be disarmed unless you can grab it and most criminals will be atleast 5 feet away from the victim when pointing a gun at them to commit a crime.

and how many Cops have been killed with Knives vs. Guns? not many.

if you're carrying a gun and get into an argument, the situation is more likely to get out of hand and you are more likely to use it. ive seen it happen dozens of times. well, not see it but respond to it.

and im also not aware of any innocent bystanders being struck by flying knives. but I have seen plenty of people including children struck with flying bullets and either injured or killed.

there is absolutely no comparison to knives vs. guns when it comes to overall violence and potential injury or death.

the tool to commit most violent crimes is a gun. not a bat. not a knife. any coward can pull a trigger.

A member here posted early last year(I won't say his name, although I'm sure he wouldn't care, also had the pleasure of meeting him last summer), how he keeps an AR15 in his trunk!
He has a concealed carry permit, is ex-military, and currently working private security somewhere in sand land.
Puts me a little more at ease knowing that people like him are out there.
As if the sh*t hits the fan when these guys are around; consider the saying "when seconds count, and the police are just minutes away".
You or me(with my little 9mm) might be able to do something, but I want guys like them to not catch a charge for saving countless lives should the situation arise...because some idiot lawmaker says his gun is illegal.

Well, its no biggie if my goverment tells me to deliver my semi auto browning og my SIG. They are just for fun.
My hunting rifles are for hunting elk, moose, boar and reindeer and are limited to 5shots and bolt action only. Hunting is a hobby and a common source for food in rural Norway.
But then our country is a peaceful place when it comes to guns and even the police patrol unarmed.

I believe that is a reason why there are so few gun related deaths over here and that is that carrying a firearm or keeping it easy accessible is wery uncommon even among criminals. Our weapons and ammo have to be kept locked inside approved cabinets when not in use. When transporting a firearm u have to remove a vital part and keep it separately stored.
In my country using a firearm for self defense is almost unthinkable, criminals know that so there is no need for them to carry one either.
Yes we have shooting among criminals but mostly when they have encounters with other criminals. To use guns against the regular guy is something they dont need because the regular guy does not carry a firearm...

So i'll stick to my opinion, less guns means fever people will die.

Nope, you don't have any gun violence...

Norway Terrorist Attack at Summer Camp Resembles School Shootings - Yahoo! News

well of course one can commit a crime with a knife but I cant recall anyone participating in a drive-by with a knife. and with a knife you have to be within a couple feet of someone to cause harm.

crime statistics are not MURDER statistics. MURDER means ur DEAD forever and statistically MURDER takes place with guns not knives.

and a bullet will penetrate glass from a few feet away or a leather jacket or a car door or a house door. are we to believe that there are thousands of knife weilding experts out there that are going to throw a knife at someone from 25 feet away? not likely.

and the luney person from China did not MURDER 28 people in a classroom so that's hardly an fair comparison. im not saying knive attacks cant be brutal. they certainly can but criminals use GUNS to commit crimes not KNIVES on average.

knives are readily available to any criminal here in the USA so why are they not using knives to commit most violent crimes vs. GUNS? pretty simple, with a gun you cannot be disarmed unless you can grab it and most criminals will be atleast 5 feet away from the victim when pointing a gun at them to commit a crime.

and how many Cops have been killed with Knives vs. Guns? not many.

if you're carrying a gun and get into an argument, the situation is more likely to get out of hand and you are more likely to use it. ive seen it happen dozens of times. well, not see it but respond to it.

and im also not aware of any innocent bystanders being struck by flying knives. but I have seen plenty of people including children struck with flying bullets and either injured or killed.

there is absolutely no comparison to knives vs. guns when it comes to overall violence and potential injury or death.

the tool to commit most violent crimes is a gun. not a bat. not a knife. any coward can pull a trigger.

My point exactly - Tool - Coward to pull trigger. Person using tool is doing the killing.

Tool to commit most violent crimes - Check your statistics of gun free countries - There violent crime rates are 2-3 times higher than here.

And if any luney person carries a gun into a room of unarmed people, they cant shoot back.

In China - I said 20-22 people killed/injured with a knife.

Drive by's - no they are not done with knives. They are done by criminals with illegal firearams. And you think one more law on paper will stop this.

Well, we didnt have any until this happened.

Breivik used a ruger mini with 30round mags and a glock 9mm pistol kill 69 youths, a national tragedy.

As a result of this the goverment have stopped sales of semi auto rifles and the background check for new gunowners are stricter than ever.
(in Norway you have to apply for a gun licence to the police).

Breivik used a ruger mini with 30round mags and a glock 9mm pistol kill 69 youths, a national tragedy.

As a result of this the goverment have stopped sales of semi auto rifles and the background check for new gunowners are stricter than ever.

Just to purchase a weapon, you have to submit to and pass a background check.

Here in America, you have to be finger printed, pass a background check, and get your local probate judge to sign off on it and then get your trigger finger - finger printed again, This is for a carry permit in the State of Georgia.

Tragic for sure, those people were slaughtered. I also had to get a gun buying license in New Jersey, police chief had to sign off on it, good for life, could buy as many rifles shotguns as you wanted back then (still might I don't know), but for each pistol you had to get a purchase permit could buy up to 8 pistols at one time with the permit, never an issue though, this was before the automated background check took me 4 weeks because I was a veteran, non vets took 2-3 months, never a registration and the cops did not seem concerned at all.

Certainly, just making the point that you are not immune. Or that someone with a gun there might have saved some of those 69 led to slaughter like sheep.

I think all the high water marks for mass killings in history occurred right after guns were banned. Nothing gets you killed in quantity like being defensless. "Get on the train"...:banghead:

My point exactly - Tool - Coward to pull trigger. Person using tool is doing the killing.

Tool to commit most violent crimes - Check your statistics of gun free countries - There violent crime rates are 2-3 times higher than here.

And if any luney person carries a gun into a room of unarmed people, they cant shoot back.

In China - I said 20-22 people killed/injured with a knife.

Drive by's - no they are not done with knives. They are done by criminals with illegal firearams. And you think one more law on paper will stop this.
first of all the countries your referring to are not CIVILIZED powerful countries like ours so there is no comparing one to the other.

and the criminals who you refer to with ILLEGAL firearms didnt walk into a gun store to buy them so they got them from LEGAL gun owner who bought their guns legally and were either stolen, reported lost or acquired thru straw sales.

Wow is all I can say. You know that I stand a good chance of closing a thirty foot distance and killing you with a knife before you can draw from a duty holster and fire.

Illegal firearms come from many sources. They even get passed around and shared within gangs.

How many drive bys occur with legally obtained weapons and are carried out by law abiding citizens ?

Back