US Ban on Russian Ammo

DougE

Registered
Finally starting to see ammo be in stock more often and now this administration is banning Russian imported ammo. Now we will be going back to high prices on ammo and possibly another shortage.

they say the ammo ban is a sanction for the poisoning of Navalny but I see it as just a way to impose stricter gun control on Americans.

Thoughts?

For real though I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy from Canada with U.S funds. I bet it would be fairly cheap and I haven't felt a shortage (though I've been hand loading alot).
I hear that it might not be too bad since other countries near Russia can still send ammo but people will panic buy for the time being.

I felt the shortage a bit so I have conserved my ammo for a while. But a box of 50 rounds 9mm used to be $9.99 and I’ve seen it go to around $25 in the recent weeks.

I hear that it might not be too bad since other countries near Russia can still send ammo but people will panic buy for the time being.

I felt the shortage a bit so I have conserved my ammo for a while. But a box of 50 rounds 9mm used to be $9.99 and I’ve seen it go to around $25 in the recent weeks.
Like almost everything else, the costs have soared due to some perceived demands....people have hoarded almost everything else....

Somebody somewhere is sitting on thousands of rounds which will age out before it is used...

*Edit (a little off the topic but a hoarding story)-I mentioned this to my wife and she reminded me of some people were buying up to 4 stand up freezers and filled them full of frozen goods thinking we would run out....most of that frozen stuff has a life expectancy in the freezer...

Our stand up freezer broke down last summer and we had one heck of a time finding one because of these jack-arses....

*Edit (a little off the topic but a hoarding story)-I mentioned this to my wife and she reminded me of some people were buying up to 4 stand up freezers and filled them full of frozen goods thinking we would run out....most of that frozen stuff has a life expectancy in the freezer...

Our stand up freezer broke down last summer and we had one heck of a time finding one because of these jack-arses....
And then they try to re sell it for double or even triple the price. ridiculous.

@Bumblebee there is more at play then just hoarding. Alot of issue is manufacturing also, we have been having a hell of time getting simple semi parts and it actually pretty scary... semis stop moving people will die and starve... we can't get computers (ecu, cpc acm etc) we cant get sensor we are actually shipping brand new semis without sensor and disabling them in the computers till they show up so we can install them and reprogram we cant get engine parts It's worrisome to say the least.

@Bumblebee there is more at play then just hoarding. Alot of issue is manufacturing also, we have been having a hell of time getting simple semi parts and it actually pretty scary... semis stop moving people will die and starve... we can't get computers (ecu, cpc cam etc) we cant get sensor we are actually shipping brand new semis without sensor and disabling them in the computers till they show up so we can install them and reprogram. It's worrisome to say the least.
Yep, understood....been reading that as well....of course it doesn't help when people go into some sort of panic mode and buy up everything......just in case, as I pointed out with people buying up right freezers for instance....

Not being able to get truck parts is never good...especially around here where the railroad shut down this line going to Ottawa....made zero sense to anyone in this area...

Back