Obama "demands" concrete proposals on gun violence

anyone think these "fears" are not becoming a reality? time to prepare folks.

Why don't we DEMAND a budget gets passed?

Why don't we DEMAND the existing laws get enforced?

Why don't we DEMAND to know about Fast and Furious?

Why don't we DEMAND to know why they can take our gun rights away but give "assault rifles" to Mexico?

Well, Gitmo is still open and we're still in Afghanistan, the economy is in terrible shape and our taxes are about to go up. So it's 50 / 50. You shouldn't be able to purchase a weapon without a background check, but other than that :whistle:

Why don't we DEMAND a budget gets passed?

Why don't we DEMAND the existing laws get enforced?

Why don't we DEMAND to know about Fast and Furious?

Why don't we DEMAND to know why they can take our gun rights away but give "assault rifles" to Mexico?

You can do better than that, come on.

I'll tell you what, let's have a test...let's ban guns in two cities and see what happens, say Chicago in honor of our President, and DC where he lives..oh, wait...

Well, I see no where on the net to get .223 or 5.56 ammo.... Sold out, I guess thats one way to stimulate the economy, tell folks your gonna ban guns and ammo...

I have to apologize, he is still our President, so mods if you read this please delete. It is the way I feel but not right to denigrate the office. I will use better verbiage in describing that man in the future.

It's ok brother, I said a lot of bad things about Bush too. But I really respect you for wanting to take that back. Like it or not sometimes saying "my president" leaves a really bad taste in your mouth. Price of Democracy I guess.

Yeah, I still don't like GW and I like this guy less, he is still the one in the office though, where that will lead us who knows. Americas been through worse and we are still standing.

obama.jpg

OK now I hate you! :rofl::rofl: It all goes around. I remember when Reagan was president we (liberals) were running around like the sky was falling. I think a lot of bad things came out of his administration but the country is still here and my life was actually pretty good while he was president. I remember I was in school at Virginia Tech when the shot Reagan. I came back from class and my room mate said "Reagan has been shot!" I responded with "Wow the got him!" everyone was pissed at me for weeks after that (I was actually know for saying stuff to irritate people, hard to believe huh?) All joking aside I am still embarrassed for saying that. I hated him but he was our president.

If you votted for him your fixing to get what you ask for, way more than you asked for. (P.S. he aint my press)

The link below related to the '94 ban has some interesting information and leads me to believe the ban really did not, and likely will not again, have a noticeable impact on gun violence. I'm certainly interested in what suggestions come forth by various groups though. As mentioned in the Obama article, it makes sense to me to "close the loophole" re: no background checks. Most of us had to pass checks for CCW permits, employment, access to restricted areas for work, etc...To me that's a no brainer. Locking up weapons that you don't need immediately makes sense. Most folks do that anyway and it may already be local or state law. A member here stresses he keeps all of his locked EXCEPT the weapon he has control and possession of. Again, makes sense to me. An important part of this is allowing others access to YOUR weapons. I think if you have a family member or an acquaintance that you suspect may not be playing with a full deck or may have some extreme views, it's up to you to restrict them from your weapons, to the best of your ability. Just throwing some view points out there. I'm not worried about any current weapons I may or may not have now but future purchases may be affected if workable solutions are not put in place. Gotta go now, might go buy some ammo before it is $100 a round!:whistle:

Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My favorite line.... it starts the whole thing....

Assault weapon (semi-automatic) refers primarily (but not exclusively) to firearms that possess the cosmetic features of an assault rifle (which are fully-automatic). Actually possessing the operational features, such as 'full-auto', is not required for classification as an assault weapon; merely the possession of cosmetic features is enough to warrant such classification as an assault weapon.

By using the logic I just posted having a Ninja 250 would classify it as a danger to the highway because while it isn't fast, it looks like a busa which is fast...

Well I'm helping the economy just picked up evil black Bushmaster at Cabela's last one they had other than one on display. The store was full of people purchasing firearms. Waited 2 hours in line just to pick it up.

Back