The GS Project - Lyla

hah.. i'll take a picture with her when i go to pick it up. I'm actually thinking about going and helping her out on Saturdays to get a discount on the powdercoating. However.. don't get your hopes up, she is not the greatest looking.. but the australian accent is awesome :)

aww geeze.. about to cross into the 1000 dollar range for this bike!

900.jpg

Definitely a bright spot seeing the inside of that engine being so clean.

Well, she hasn't been shot with powdercoat yet, but she's been blasted. The lady is awesome! Frame looks brand new again. She also promised me some free sandblasting for the parts that aren't getting sandblasted. I knew paying full price the first time would work out instead of going cheap on the powdercoat. If anyone is around Jacksonville NC and needs work done, it's TNC powdercoating, google it.

1101081359.jpg

post powdercoating... the finish is amazing.. the pictures do not do it justice!... check the mirror finish picture :)

for the record.. i DO NOT drink smirnoff.. my roommate does.. and we dog him daily about it.. i just happened to grab that cap for the picture.

n190400003_30003980_6851.jpg

n190400003_30003981_7191.jpg

n190400003_30003982_7483.jpg

so,, is the motor going for the spin cycle there? Looking good so far.. You going to polish the motor or paint it a flat black?

so,, is the motor going for the spin cycle there? Looking good so far.. You going to polish the motor or paint it a flat black?

Hah.. ya that's the extra washing machine and drier that we have because we moved in a roommate.

I'm just gonna clean up the engine.. and take the emblems off.. the bike won't have anything on it except the VIN. The stator cover and clutch cover are just gonna get polished up :)

ohhh gotcha. Never heard "waffling" used like that before..i had to google it, lol.

The powder coat is beautiful, durable, and looks just as good, or better, than paint. The only thing that isn't getting powdercoated on this bike is the engine, handlebars, tank and front fender.

ohhh gotcha. Never heard "waffling" used like that before..i had to google it, lol.

The powder coat is beautiful, durable, and looks just as good, or better, than paint. The only thing that isn't getting powdercoated on this bike is the engine, handlebars, tank and front fender.
Nice Diggity :thumbsup::beerchug: You're getting me motivated on a project I've had around forever :laugh:

I'd love to do it, but not sure I can justify the cost to myself. Even just getting the frame done is as much as the bike cost me.

ya.. it is expensive. Luckily this whole project is going to be relativley cheap (Bike+Parts+Work= <2000)... so I don't mind doing the frame up.

Back