New “mini” project - 2000 TJ Wrangler

jeffgordons24

Registered
So as the summer is in full swing and the Busa will be rolling out very soon I have taken on a new little sort of mini project.
So my daily for the past 4 years has been my beloved 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually with the Duramax Diesel.
The truck has seen its fair share of day to day abuse. It is lifted and rolls on 35”s and it’s just all around harsh on the truck. I have been wanting for some time to do injector upgrades along with turbo core and other items. Rather than piece it out little by little I decided “let me get a stand in daily” so I can take the truck off the road for a year or more to do all the work with out having to half-ass it.

So I found a rough shaped 2000 Jeep Wrangler. I have always wanted a Jeep since I was a kid and the price was right so I figured screw it.

Of course I can’t drive or ride anything that is raggity so it had to undergo some work before hitting the road.

It is a 2.5 auto which is deathly slow especially after coming from my straight piped and tuned duramax with the boost turned up.
The frame is broken in 2 areas and the front diff was bent along with some body rot. I am on a time constraint as the tires on my pickup only have about 2 weeks of life left so this project has to be wrapped up quickly.

Here is how it looked when I found it...

FB41747B-3684-4E0F-A6F3-D1F982F10200.jpeg

4AD02445-9340-4528-82A1-7FDC0BC71C61.jpeg

5663391B-6CEA-4225-90BA-DDD356E20752.jpeg

FFEEAEBE-7F2B-4C4C-9275-295881912039.jpeg

414A7BA3-DC3B-40F0-9728-206A37138025.jpeg

1180B19D-DECE-4794-BF54-7291C1C6D9A9.jpeg

320802B5-EFE5-4BE0-B8EF-5F8072295B17.jpeg

Yellow09

Registered
I am interested of how you will be able to fix that frame....it will be a fun project to play with when you are done.

We rented a 2019 Jeep Sahara a little while ago while we were visiting relatives...to be honest, I didn't care for it. It was a nice machine but not for me.

Before I got my Ram as a retirement gift, I really contemplated getting a Jeep instead.

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Have always thought of getting a Jeep Came close, but found it would be great for off-road type stuff and while others use it as a daily driver it just didn't fit for me at that time. One of these days I may get one just to play around with.

jeffgordons24

Registered
I am interested of how you will be able to fix that frame....it will be a fun project to play with when you are done.

We rented a 2019 Jeep Sahara a little while ago while we were visiting relatives...to be honest, I didn't care for it. It was a nice machine but not for me.

Before I got my Ram as a retirement gift, I really contemplated getting a Jeep instead.
I have always wanted one of the newer 4 door models as a daily driver but the price of them or Jeep wranglers in general are just obscene.
What year is your ram?

jeffgordons24

Registered
Wow Steven ! I would of crushed that rusted out frame . Love the wire holding it together . Classic it will be ok !
They actually make kits to repair but given that I have a fabricator on my payroll I figure I’ll just let him tackle it.

Reactions: c10

mabupa

Registered
Cool Project Steven. I’ve heard that the 4 cylinder is so slow, you can take naps between shifts, so I’m sure the automatic makes it feel even slower. Reminds me of my 1992 4Runner with 33s and the 3.0. That thing was fun, but slow as hell.

Reactions: c10

08BusaKY

Registered
Oh man that is gorgeous!!!! Does she love it? Of course she does.
I liked the 92’s too something about the square lights gets me I guess I like to be diff.
She loves her Jeep. This is her 3rd in a row. It was just sitting on the dealer lot a long time and although she paid sticker the AEV lift, bumpers, tire and other accessories were thrown in. They were already installed.

on the 92 I liked the square headlights too. I was a mechanic for Jeep at the time I owned it and got parts cheap. I changed the gearing and put AC in it. I did a lot of off roading in it at Azusa Canyon and Big Bear Ca. I liked the hardtop design better too, and the way the front passenger seat flipped forward so someone could get in the back easy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Hayabusa motor in Mini... Videos 1
WuzzaCBXRider Where do these new mini icons come from? Off Topic 24
ali123 Raptor mini digital shift/launch light General Bike Related Topics 4
D MPS switch swapper with Nos Mini Electrical Mods 6
A My Mini Trailer Build Busa Haulers 6
InfiniteReality Carbon Fiber Dual Morimoto Mini H1 Retrofit Gen II Busa Information 36
InfiniteReality Morimoto Mini D2s Retrofit - Mini How-to Appearance mods 21
VaBusa Mini-moderator meet and greet yesterday Random Thoughts 30
GsxrBots 3BR short mini-USB connector for Garmin GPS Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 5
P NOS Mini Nitrous 2
Twobrothersbusa Mini Smacktalkapalooza Random Thoughts 6
BusaWhipped impromptu STL mini meet and greet Random Thoughts 6
I water proof mini USB power plugs. hmmm Electrical Mods 16
Dehning Mini review of Chinese chrome windsheild General Bike Related Topics 8
Rhythm DIY Mini BUSA KEY Busa Mods 9
Rook I Bet It Was A Mini-Van Or An SUV... General Bike Related Topics 3
newman Mini whirlwind. Random Thoughts 5
Lil guy Big Busa My mini me Random Thoughts 10
yamahor My friend came by with a mini Cooper General Bike Related Topics 17
M Mini air box mod stock bike gen 1 Engine and Performance mods 0
RussellJ Anyone have the Slime Mini Air Compressor? General Bike Related Topics 13
D Anyone know of any good mini amps? Electrical Mods 3
ResidentEvil Mini English Bulldogs Random Thoughts 28
Twobrothersbusa Back from the Mini Bash Random Thoughts 39
OneTrueRider New Luggage for the Mini Bash General Bike Related Topics 14
georgiabusa_05 Mini Bash at Deals Gap 8/7/10 General Bike Related Topics 98
aussiesuzukirider Hoons the mini series Random Thoughts 4
twotonevert Twotone's Mini Meet, Sept 5/6 Track day? UPDATE 9.1 The Hayabusa.org Trackdays 159
NIGHTFLIGHT mini dragbike Random Thoughts 3
Zoinks! My own little mini dragon. General Bike Related Topics 7
Bofh_uk Mini Busa anyone? General Bike Related Topics 4
1299 Best LED mini turn signals? Electrical Mods 2
BlueHaya For you Mini-Van owners The Playground 6
Liltroy Question for someone with Mini saddle bags. General Bike Related Topics 11
thrasherfox Mini-Split air conditioners Random Thoughts 6
justa-busa-girl need help buying a mini laptop advice ?? Random Thoughts 15
twotonevert OK mini meet pre ride in the morning. General Bike Related Topics 43
CCbusa05 Mini early bird Tuesday Stampede............ 2009 Busa Stampede 20
twotonevert Possible mini ride, Org meet in Oklahoma. 2009 Misc Rides 331
S-R Racing EPA reverses Mini-ban General Bike Related Topics 8
HillbillyTom A Request For Help Concerning The Mini Ban.. Random Thoughts 19
V No more mini bikes, pocket bikes, pit bikes etc General Bike Related Topics 23
Skywalker Chevy 327 365 HP - Mini Sized Random Thoughts 15
Fate Just got rear-ended on my bike by mini-van General Bike Related Topics 55
omslaw Mini Bash in KC General Bike Related Topics 19
zukracer mini bash - end of july? General Bike Related Topics 0
V My 03 Mini-Shoot General Bike Related Topics 21
Shibumi Mini MeetnGreet in Eureka Springs today! Random Thoughts 24
bigoltool Any Honda Mini Trail aficionado's? Random Thoughts 5
T Sport Rider huge mini addition comments 08 Busa Gen II Busa Information 2