My $250 Econoline van project.

(DREW @ Aug. 15 2007,12:50) Its the BTK serial killer van !! No wonder you got it so cheap..                  
beerchug.gif
I wondered what those extra strap downs were for in the back...

(proud dad @ Aug. 15 2007,10:15) did you try a Ford dealer on the tube?I wouldn't think it would cost that much.might surprice you.
No I tried online and there are aftermaket ones for like $22 bucks... Plan to call ford next

(proud dad @ Aug. 15 2007,10:49) On your drain plug that's a common thing with the old Fords.Plugs use to come out hard and go back hard right out of the factory.After the threads wore out on the plug,alot of people would put oversize plugs in them thinking the problem was the pan.But in reallity it was just the threads on the plug pulling off.A standard size plug put back in would have fixed it.Once it's oversized you have no choice but oversize.Alot of people try to blame it on over torque when it's not,it's just the way the pan is threaded.
  Back when I use to service and repair fleets of over a 100 of Ford vans.We used to buy drain plugs in boxes of 10.Never had to oversize one.Just a bad design,but Ford used it for several years.Quick change oil places was known for oversizing plugs and also buying alot of engines.
I think someone slready striped it out. The oem one fit in and out without screwing it in.

Way to go man, she's looking great. How did it run after the tune up? What about the A/C? Get it working?

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 15 2007,21:20) Way to go man, she's looking great.  How did it run after the tune up?  What about the A/C? Get it working?
It runs great, the a/c was running good but think the compressor is going out. Made funny noise a few times then started blowing hot air, then cold air, then back to hot air. Need air if it keeps getting up to 100's. Need to find some cheap tires and windshield too. Do you know someone local?

For the A/C call Mike at mobil air. He comes to you and is the best in St louis. Very thorough and is a board member. "BUSA1". number is 314-330-6479. Will probably save you money too. Tell him Andy told ya to call.

I do work at a Firestone. I can get you a good deal on new ones but we don't sell used.  Give me a call, I don't work again until Saturday and then I'm off until Tues.

I may see if me Cadiliac tires will fit on the van, then get new ones for it.

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 16 2007,18:32) I do work at a Firestone. I can get you a good deal on new ones but we don't sell used.  Give me a call, I don't work again until Saturday and then I'm off until Tues.
pm sent about tires

(DREW @ Aug. 16 2007,17:56) For the A/C call Mike at mobil air. He comes to you and is the best in St louis. Very thorough and is a board member. "BUSA1". number is 314-330-6479. Will probably save you money too. Tell him Andy told ya to call.
I'll give him a call...

Nice project. If you removed the running boards and hubcaps it would look 100% better. Plus Ford 8 lug steel wheels look nice without hubcaps.
beerchug.gif

Now all you need is a fake arm cast, a beat up recliner and some night vision goggles to prowl around apartment complexes..  "Say... Are you about a size fourteen?"

Oh and I second the removal of the hubcaps and running boards..

had to bump this....

i got the same project going right now

i will start my own thread when i get the pictures up

thanks fate for the awesome idea
bowdown.gif

free_candy.jpg

mmm hmm they don't call me uncle feely hands for nothin jk

sorry i just had too i'de rock it i could put a pretty sick stereo in the back of that beast

it will have plenty of room for the stereo with a busa and all the gear/tool in it

Back