The Climate Scam

Maybe because the word Earth is used? If there were other earths how would we keep track of the earths that life looks nothing like us? Earths would all be the same. Nothing else but earth is specifically discussed for God's image.

Yes, we live on Earth, this is our story, and our God given guide lines.
It does not discuss life elsewhere, but does not deny it either.
Life elsewhere may look like us, or it may be very different from what mankind thinks it understands, it is not for me to say.

Solving the climate problem with paint, huh. Just like Elon did with cars.

So have you changed your mind on EV's now?
Not at all. EVs have a long way to go before they offer a substantial solution. If Elon is the only path we have, he has a long way to go before the masses will benefit.

Paint will contribute a far more wide reaching application that even someone living paycheck to paycheck can participate in.

Even thermal paint you can buy from a home builders store can help with the insulative properties of a home reducing heating and cooling costs.

My neighbor across the street recently retired from his business as a professional painter and he has used similar paints on projects where people have noticed a difference in their monthly bills from this....he did mention that windows have a huge part to play in the thermal footprint of a home though...

Even thermal paint you can buy from a home builders store can help with the insulative properties of a home reducing heating and cooling costs.

My neighbor across the street recently retired from his business as a professional painter and he has used similar paints on projects where people have noticed a difference in their monthly bills from this....he did mention that windows have a huge part to play in the thermal footprint of a home though...

Nah Bee. That has to be a scam. Your neighbor isn't educated enough to understand how paint works.

And while thermal paints are good, they are but one choice that are stepping into the green profiles.

Last edited:

Have a look at the links I have posted in the EV thread about legal action taken against paint companies selling what you believe.

If you give me the coating LRV, it’s SRI and it’s R value, I will reply with an example.

Otherwise I will leave you to believe what you believe.

Have a look at the links I have posted in the EV thread about legal action taken against paint companies selling what you believe.

If you give me the coating LRV, it’s SRI and it’s R value, I will reply with an example.

Otherwise I will leave you to believe what you believe.
I wonder if the paints that are created and patented by actual physicist are in these listed scam paints.

I wonder if the paints that are created and patented by actual physicist are in these listed scam paints.
As I said, give me the coating specs and I will show you the BTU or kWh savings per sq ft for a typical American home built in the last 15 years in Arizona during summer.

Heat transfer is 1st year college in Mechanical Engineering and when we sit for the PE exam here in the states, those questions needing calculation crop up from time to time.

^^^^
For the record, I have used industrial insulation coatings more times than I would like to remember. We use them in places where there is not enough space for normal insulation. They are expensive and generally do not perform as well as batts of fiberglass, or mineral wool.

R19 insulation in a home is just as efficient as mineral wool in a steam boiler.

I have insulated steam boilers operating at superheat around 500F and the shell insulated with mineral wool and stainless cladding is cool enough to sit on.

The difference an industrial expensive insulating coating on a well built residential home would make is totally negligible.

The non industrial insulating coatings scammers offer you is a total waste of time, and note that none of them will give, neither stand behind the specification values I mentioned a couple of threads above.

What Bee posted is a brick home in the UK. We do not build that way in the US, neither Canada. Not applicable.

Honestly I don't know much about thermal paint and it's applications in the non-commercial market...perhaps it was a placebo effect by having this paint applied....not 100% certain as there are just too many variables to make a proper argument.

I know they use special paint for military applications but I also know it is classified and not inexpensive....

As I said, give me the coating specs and I will show you the BTU or kWh savings per sq ft for a typical American home built in the last 15 years in Arizona during summer.

Heat transfer is 1st year college in Mechanical Engineering and when we sit for the PE exam here in the states, those questions needing calculation crop up from time to time.
I'm glad you can grasp some of what's outside of your disciplined. But you're right that's first year stuff.

So I'll assume you're attempting to grasp the R Value as an insulative value. This I believe is represented as as a thermal paint. I'd want to know the more important R values. reflective R and refractive R values.

Honestly I don't know much about thermal paint and it's applications in the non-commercial market...perhaps it was a placebo effect by having this paint applied....not 100% certain as there are just too many variables to make a proper argument.

I know they use special paint for military applications but I also know it is classified and not inexpensive....
It's fine. I never expected you to know your neighbors job. Thermal applications are a degree of green better. But much of it is over hyped. Like everything else you can make cheap thermal paint or you can make good thermal paint. The scam comes from what they don't really have to say about the product.

Then the problem becomes the dimmer bulbs don't know the difference between a scam and the military grade applications. Because they don't care to see that scammers always want to scam what's accepted as good, to make a $ on something that's bad. Home Depot sells paint. Their best grade of paint is still at best average in quality. But nobody is suing them for scamming it as high grade paint, that isn't. Marketing can be a biotch to consumers.

But what you linked isn't really all that green as far as technology.

Bee in your time in the military were you introduced to the militarys efforts at cloaking technologies?

Last edited:
It's fine. I never expected you to know your neighbors job. Thermal applications are a degree of green better. But much of it is over hyped. Like everything else you can make cheap thermal paint or you can make good thermal paint. The scam comes from what they don't really have to say about the product.

Then the problem becomes the dimmer bulbs don't know the difference between a scam and the military grade applications. Because they don't care to see that scammers always want to scam what's accepted as good, to make a $ on something that's bad. Home Depot sells paint. Their best grade of paint is still at best average in quality. But nobody is suing them for scamming it as high grade paint, that isn't. Marketing can be a biotch to consumers.

But what you linked isn't really all that green as far as technology.

Bee in your time in the military were you introduced to the militarys efforts at cloaking technologies?
I've seen some of the special camouflage that was being developed....it was called adaptive camouflage and is used for personnel, vehicles and equipment.

I'm still not a liberty to discuss much about it.

I've seen some of the special camouflage that was being developed....it was called adaptive camouflage and is used for personnel, vehicles and equipment.

I'm still not a liberty to discuss much about it.
Got it. And understand your answer. We've traveled on similar roads.

So let's make a separation between stealth and cloaking. Stealth is more applied to radar and sonar avoidance. And while that is paint related, there won't be much use to paint a house to avoid radar. :-)

So cloaking is where we are at as far as paint discussion here. Or maybe anti cloaking by the time you read it all.

So all of it is about manipulation of wavelengths when it comes to the light spectrum. In those applications you saw, they may want to make you hard to see on the visible spectrum as well as hard to see on the non visible spectrum ie infrared. So you know the intent there.

Now reverse that use.

So on the other end of that use, they want to reflect or refract wavelengths. Place that over a solid surface and that solid surface will not absorb what it never sees.

That same paint can let in other wavelengths that are beneficial to the structure.

Now we are getting green. 20-30 degrees surface temperature difference. And we haven't even factored in additional insulative materials. Those last materials were the "R" factors I believe our lost friend was grasping for. They matter. But they matter more when we know how much thermal work they need to do.

Got it. And understand your answer. We've traveled on similar roads.

So let's make a separation between stealth and cloaking. Stealth is more applied to radar and sonar avoidance. And while that is paint related, there won't be much use to paint a house to avoid radar. :-)

So cloaking is where we are at as far as paint discussion here. Or maybe anti cloaking by the time you read it all.

So all of it is about manipulation of wavelengths when it comes to the light spectrum. In those applications you saw, they may want to make you hard to see on the visible spectrum as well as hard to see on the non visible spectrum ie infrared. So you know the intent there.

Now reverse that use.

So on the other end of that use, they want to reflect or refract wavelengths. Place that over a solid surface and that solid surface will not absorb what it never sees.

That same paint can let in other wavelengths that are beneficial to the structure.

Now we are getting green. 20-30 degrees surface temperature difference. And we haven't even factored in additional insulative materials. Those last materials were the "R" factors I believe our lost friend was grasping for. They matter. But they matter more when we know how much thermal work they need to do.
Does say NASA only use types of wraps or do they use a paint as well for thermal reactions?

I'd imagine what is used in such an application wouldn't be available to the public and if it is, it would be crazy expensive.

I have seen solar reflective materials in textile form used overseas to cover vehicles and such, they worked very well...

I heard the urban legend of some joker painting his car in radar reflecting paint so he can avoid police radar....I never believed this but thought it to be a pretty fun thing to be able to do...

Does say NASA only use types of wraps or do they use a paint as well for thermal reactions?

I'd imagine what is used in such an application wouldn't be available to the public and if it is, it would be crazy expensive.

I have seen solar reflective materials in textile form used overseas to cover vehicles and such, they worked very well...

I heard the urban legend of some joker painting his car in radar reflecting paint so he can avoid police radar....I never believed this but thought it to be a pretty fun thing to be able to do...
It's not a wrap. It's paint. It's not expensive in terms of overall. But it will take a year or so to find a way to produce it in large enough quantities to bring the cost down to cheaper than conventional paint. Relatively speaking. I mean a gallon of paint here in the U.S. is running $50 for cheap chyt at the big box stores. So I don't know where the price will fall.. But you use far less of it and it last longer. And yes it's main customer is the public. As we discussed before in here. Green won't do us any good if it can't be widely adopted and used. Lots of people are living paycheck to paycheck and have to save up to paint a house now. Sad to say that.

The good part is also it can be applied to pretty much anything.

Example: Airbus has used it on their aircraft. I think its on the A330s. Conventional paint weighs about 1100 lbs to paint it. Now they did it with 3 lbs. For that application that's a huge improvement. 1,000 lbs lighter. Spending hours exposed to the sun and decrease your HVAC loads to add to it. That equates to less fuel burn, less CO2 emissions. $$ saved.

So on a smaller scale, your house still saves $$. I don't know if its in Canada or not. But now you can make a contribution to going green without having an EV shoved down your throat.

I have insulated steam boilers operating at superheat around 500F and the shell insulated with mineral wool and stainless cladding is cool enough to sit on.
was that application for electricity generation? typically a superheater is used for turbines

Yep, water vapor traps around 2 1/2 times more heat than CO2, but there is nothing we can do about that. With higher temperatures though, more evaporation takes place and the water vapor or humidity increases.

Wrenching in the sun huh?
What higher temps ? I my area when I was 18 103 F summer days were common . The last 5 years I’ve seen low to mid 90’s.

What higher temps ? I my area when I was 18 103 F summer days were common . The last 5 years I’ve seen low to mid 90’s.
I have no idea, lived about 13,000 miles from you back then. My memory does not go back that far.

Came to the Sandhills of NC in 2009, seem to remember a lot more snow back then.

Look at the graph below, will probably be more accurate for NC

Back