Scam on the elderly

dk55belair

Registered
My son recently graduated college and took a job in Panama City, Fl. So when the scammer called my parents this morning and some guy said he was my son, he had the flu and was in jail in Fla, my Mom took the bait.

Then some guy gets on the phone and tells them their grandson(who Mom then names) is jail and rear ended a tourist in Fla and has been drinking. they ask my parents to wire $4400 to pay for damages and they wont charge him with drunk driving. the prosecuter has agreed to release him. The scammer who then knows my sons name is telling them, he doesnt want us to find out.

My poor old parents are almost ready to wire this #$$%% ^%^&& of a ^%@^ $4400.

These guys are preying on elderly folks and have a pretty convincing scam. had Mom not called me and asked to come to her house quickly, he might have got them.

Warn your old folks please.

I hate hearing about scams. I work in real estate and i couldn't even begin telling you the horror stories of people being scammed.

I had my son on the phone when Mom called and I had to hang up on him.

He's in trouble. No he's not. I just talked to him. hahaha

thats sick, dude...

glad they didn't get your folks...

i wonder how they got their phone #; randomly called? did the phone number show up on caller id? any possible way to alert the police about them?

How awful. I HATE people who prey on the elderly like that. I'm so glad you were there to catch it before they were suckered.

maybe I'm missing something,,,, I guess I don't understand how anyone would fall for any of that nonsense!

I caught someone trying to play a credit card scam on me a month ago. I had the scammer on one line, and the genuine card holder on the other line. I really enjoyed telling the scammer that I caught his punk-azz biocth attempt at trying to steal from me and to Frack off.....

We called the police, they didnt care. Want to know if we wanted to file a report.
Mom doesnt have caller id, but the money was to be wired to Lebanon.

I searched the www and found they get lists of elderly people and use this scam in some form, quite often.

They have been preying on the elderly around my area lately. A guy will dress up as a city utility worker, knock on the door of the elderly couple and keep them occupied while another will go in the house through the back and steal stuff out the back. Once the guy is done stealing he will call the other guy alerting him that he is all done. The guy will then casually stop the conversation and leave the premisis and the couple are robbed.

They have been preying on the elderly around my area lately. A guy will dress up as a city utility worker, knock on the door of the elderly couple and keep them occupied while another will go in the house through the back and steal stuff out the back. Once the guy is done stealing he will call the other guy alerting him that he is all done. The guy will then casually stop the conversation and leave the premisis and the couple are robbed.

A sad sad person that steals from others isnt it.

#BiggestLieAboutCoViD19 ~ #TheyWereGoingToDieAnyway ~ #THEoRg *

red audrey hepburn GIF

some people have no respect for elders *

Back